No votes

Total votes: 15

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rate the 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by mikhailv » 27 May 2013, 11:22

Suntrek wrote:1 - Best Driver
Nico. Fastest in all three practices, pole and win. Controlled the race beautifully and didn't put a foot wrong despite red flags, SC:s and whatnot.

2 - Best Team
Would have liked to give it to Mercedes, but they sort of robbed Hamilton of a podium, so it goes to Red Bull.

3 - Best Overtake
Perez on Button - just because it pissed off princess Button so much (yes, I'm a mean person... :n )

4 - Best Moment
The red flag (well, at least then something unusual happened)

5 - Worst Driver
Grosjean. It seems he's learned nothing from the days he was Alonso's teammate at Renault in 2009 up until now. He still makes the same mistakes.

6 - Worst Team
Pirelli - or should I perhaps say the FIA. I'm sick and tired of Formula Manage Tyres but the blame isn't really on Pirelli, but on the FIA for asking Pirelli to make tyres emulating Canada 2010 to "spice up the show" Good lord. HELLO FIA! Canada 2010 was a thrilling race because no one had anticipated the tyre degradation. Now, everyone is aware and acts accordingly -> Formula save tyres. Didn't the FIA understand that would be the ultimate outcome? /end rant.

7 - Best Rookie
I think Gutierrez. He minded his own business and stayed out of troble the whole race.

8 - Biggest Surprise
Sadly I have to say Alonso's lack of fighting spirit. He gave a place away to Sutil by going wide and was asleep when Button overtook. Certainly not his normal self.

9 - General Comment
Thanks to the red flag (read: everyone got a free tyre change) we saw some fighting
even at the end. Without it - it would have been an even more processional race.
That said - anyone who gets off on overtakes only and rate race accordingly better go out pick flowers or take a trip to aunt Molly or something when Monaco race is on. Monaco will never provide a lot of overtakes, but on the other hand there was some brilliant defending driving - Kimi, Webber for example. One of the best moments was Hamilton trying to overtake Webber in first stint. He didn't succed - but it was brilliant driving from both of them. If you can't appreciate such moments in F1 - visit aunt Molly instead.
Were you sick of Formula Bridgestone? Formula Michelin in 2005/2006? Formula computer simulation until race end 2007-2010 by any chance?

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 27 May 2013, 11:45

mikhailv wrote:
Nico. Fastest in all three practices, pole and win. Controlled the race beautifully and didn't put a foot wrong despite red flags, SC:s and whatnot.

2 - Best Team
Would have liked to give it to Mercedes, but they sort of robbed Hamilton of a podium, so it goes to Red Bull.

3 - Best Overtake
Perez on Button - just because it pissed off princess Button so much (yes, I'm a mean person... :n )

4 - Best Moment

5 - Worst Driver
Grosjean. It seems he's learned nothing from the days he was Alonso's teammate at Renault in 2009 up until now. He still makes the same mistakes.

6 - Worst Team
Pirelli - or should I perhaps say the FIA. I'm sick and tired of Formula Manage Tyres but the blame isn't really on Pirelli, but on the FIA for asking Pirelli to make tyres emulating Canada 2010 to "spice up the show" Good lord. HELLO FIA! Canada 2010 was a thrilling race because no one had anticipated the tyre degradation. Now, everyone is aware and acts accordingly -> Formula save tyres. Didn't the FIA understand that would be the ultimate outcome? /end rant.

7 - Best Rookie
I think Gutierrez. He minded his own business and stayed out of troble the whole race.

8 - Biggest Surprise
Sadly I have to say Alonso's lack of fighting spirit. He gave a place away to Sutil by going wide and was asleep when Button overtook. Certainly not his normal self.

9 - General Comment
Thanks to the red flag (read: everyone got a free tyre change) we saw some fighting
even at the end. Without it - it would have been an even more processional race.
That said - anyone who gets off on overtakes only and rate race accordingly better go out pick flowers or take a trip to aunt Molly or something when Monaco race is on. Monaco will never provide a lot of overtakes, but on the other hand there was some brilliant defending driving - Kimi, Webber for example. One of the best moments was Hamilton trying to overtake Webber in first stint. He didn't succed - but it was brilliant driving from both of them. If you can't appreciate such moments in F1 - visit aunt Molly instead.
Were you sick of Formula Bridgestone? Formula Michelin in 2005/2006? Formula computer simulation until race end 2007-2010 by any chance?
In fact - no.
And that is because whatever tyre wars we had in the past - the tyre manufacturers was asked to do their BEST - that's what any sport would think was fair. You don't see Adidas making c**p running shoes just to spice up the show by giving Usain Bolt s*** shoes. Or Michelin manufacturing s*** tyres for Renault (fill in Bridgestone/Ferrari if you like) just to "spice up the show"

My point is - Pirelli was asked to do thieir WORST. Unheard of afaik in any onther sport or any other sports supplier. Hey, I'd like to see Brembo - for example - supply s*** brakes to ANY team and there would be mayhem. But now we have now to live with the FIA tyre clowneries, Seems like FIA thinks so little of our intellect that they thought they could as well give us .- the swarm of apes that didn't understand anything in the first place - our hardon ration of artificial overtakes and we'd be satisfied and happily pay whatever Bernie charges for TV- rights. It's bloody offending.

No idea what you mean by formula computer simuation -computer simulations has been a vital part of F1 for a looong time, they all have it and have had it a long time before stone age - and they all of course rely on it accordingly. It is a technoloigal parameter all teams can benefit from, and I don't see how itr's relevant to the discussion at hand.
Last edited by Suntrek on 27 May 2013, 14:04, edited 6 times in total.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 27 May 2013, 13:40

1 - Best Driver:Roseberg,fastest in all three practice sessions,pole and win and leading every lap of the race.
2 - Best Team:RedBull
3 - Best Overtake:Button on Alonso
4 - Best Moment:Kimi's final 5 laps.
5 - Worst Driver:Alonso,his mind was somewhere else yesterday,and Perez,he passed Jenson on Nouvelle chicane and from that moment till the end of his race he was trying to do the same thing,he was trying to break late every lap and finally it ruined both his race and Kimi's.
6 - Worst Team:Ferrari
7 - Best Rookie:Gutierrez
8 - Biggest Surprise:Alonso's afternoon

9 - General Comment:Best Monaco Grand Prix in the recent years,it was not boring like last year and produced some amazing action. 9/10
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 27 May 2013, 13:53

Suntrek wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

2 - Best Team

3 - Best Overtake

4 - Best Moment

5 - Worst Driver

6 - Worst Team

7 - Best Rookie

8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment
In fact - no.
And that is because whatever tyre wars we had in the past - the tyre manufacturers was asked to do their BEST - that's what any sport would think was fair. You don't see Adidas making c**p running shoes just to spice up the show by giving Usain Bolt s*** shoes. Or Michelin manufacturing s*** tyres for Renault (fill in Bringestone/Ferrari if you like) just to "spice up the show"

My point is - Pirelli was asked to do thieir WORST. Unheard of afaik in any onther sport or any other tyre manufacturer.. And now we have to live with the clowneries, you would think FIA thinks so little of our intellect that they thought they could as well give us .- the swarm of apes that didn't understand anything in the first place - our hardon ration of artificial overtakes and we'd be satisfied and happliy pay whatever Bernie charges for TV- rights. It's blody offending.

No idea what you mean by formula computer simuation -computer simulations has been a vital part of F1 for a looong time, they all have it and have had it a long time before stone age - and they all of course rely on it accordingly. It is a technoloigal parameter all teams can benefit from, and I don't see how itr's relevant to the discussion at hand.
If it was to do their worst, they wouldn't last a lap :P Though lets be honest, you cant say Bridge/Mich were asked to do their best. otherwise Bridgestone wouldn't have had Veto's and got Michelin tyres banned, then throw a strop when they couldn't stop Michelin so priced them out of F1.....

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 27 May 2013, 14:27

mikhailv wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

2 - Best Team

3 - Best Overtake

4 - Best Moment

5 - Worst Driver

6 - Worst Team

7 - Best Rookie

8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment

In fact - no.
And that is because whatever tyre wars we had in the past - the tyre manufacturers was asked to do their BEST - that's what any sport would think was fair. You don't see Adidas making c**p running shoes just to spice up the show by giving Usain Bolt s*** shoes. Or Michelin manufacturing s*** tyres for Renault (fill in Bringestone/Ferrari if you like) just to "spice up the show"

My point is - Pirelli was asked to do thieir WORST. Unheard of afaik in any onther sport or any other tyre manufacturer.. And now we have to live with the clowneries, you would think FIA thinks so little of our intellect that they thought they could as well give us .- the swarm of apes that didn't understand anything in the first place - our hardon ration of artificial overtakes and we'd be satisfied and happliy pay whatever Bernie charges for TV- rights. It's blody offending.

If it was to do their worst, they wouldn't last a lap :P Though lets be honest, you cant say Bridge/Mich were asked to do their best. otherwise Bridgestone wouldn't have had Veto's and got Michelin tyres banned, then throw a strop when they couldn't stop Michelin so priced them out of F1.....
Nah Michelin wasn't interested in the monopoly concept and that they've claimed not only in F1 but also in rally.
But that's another story and at least the tyre makers at that time were at each other's throats, both with the aim to come out on top. Even sort of bending rules, like Michelin did in 2003. Today FIA rules because there's a monopoly regarding tyre brand. It means we are now in la la land. Bridgestone, however had the cojones to say they wouldn't deliberately make c**p tyres when they had monopoly in 2007-2010. Good on them.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by naiego » 27 May 2013, 22:47

1 - Best Driver

Although Rosberg won the race, such thing happens seldom, I give my vote to Sutil for being very good on the second half of the race.

2 - Best Team

Mercedes for succeeding to be consistent on Sunday.

3 - Best Overtake

Perez's on Button and Button's on Alonso

4 - Best Moment

Perez's controversial fights with other drivers

5 - Worst Driver

Grosjean, tragic weekend for him

6 - Worst Team

Ferrari, way off the pace

7 - Best Rookie

Van den Garde

8 - Biggest Surprise

Alonso's lack of pace, usually he's good on Sundays

9 - General Comment

The living anachronism called Monaco GP was a rather boring race only to be spiced up by cars crashing on each other or the barriers. Since there is not a Valencia GP anymore it will win the prize of the most boring GP of the year.

NICO_4EVER
car driver
car driver

Post by NICO_4EVER » 28 May 2013, 16:41

1 - Best Driver
Nico

2 - Best Team
Mercedes

3 - Best Overtake
Sutil on Alonso

4 - Best Moment
Nico still leading after resuming the race

5 - Worst Driver
Grosjean

6 - Worst Team
Sauber

7 - Best Rookie
Bottas

8 - Biggest Surprise
The amount of crashes for Grosjean

9 - General Comment
Mercedes got it right, finally. A black weekend for Grosjean.

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 29 May 2013, 00:39

1 - Best Driver: Paul diResta (From 17 to 9th!!!)
2 - Best Team: Red Bull 2nd and 3rd
3 - Best Overtake: Perez on Alonso (Alonso being forced to give the place up to Perez)
4 - Best Moment: Webber denying Hamilton the whiner
5 - Worst Driver: Grosjean
6 - Worst Team: Ferrari
7 - Best Rookie: who cares?
8 - Biggest Surprise: People that paid to watch this travesty did not demand their money back.

9 - General Comment:
When are we going to see actual racing again? All we are seeing is tire management. When absolute back markers are going 2-4 seconds a lap faster than the race "leader" there is something really wrong.
Also, Ferrari sucked this weekend. So all you fanboys that thought that the race was boring because Alonso did not perform should remember that the "other" teams are not there to just follow the red car.
Furthermore, switching from one team to another is not like pulling on a different pair of pants. They are not "one size fits all". Mercedes and Hamilton will need a year to adjust together. Nico is just better than Hamilton right now.

I managed to not have to watch Sky TV's horrible coverage. I was saved Brumble's nasal whine and that idiot Crofty's insane blatherings and kept the sound on for the whole race. Three solid cheers for the BBC.