Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Grand Prix de Monaco 2013

Post by donald29 » 29 May 2013, 21:11

Yeah. It was a clever thing to do, deny Sauber the point or maybe have Kimi and the Hulk collide. But the blue flags thing sounds like bollocks.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 May 2013, 21:19

Yeah. Backs my point up that F1 isnt about racing cars. Its much more political and devious

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 30 May 2013, 08:21

Reading the comments about Bottas' move on other forums is intriguing. Most people claim Bottas was right to move out of the way and not interfere with the "big teams". I wonder if the situation would have been different with Alonso or Vettel behind the Williams...
Oh, wait. I remember Interlagos last year where it caused a huge uproar that Schumacher moved out of Vettel's way. Double standards, I love you.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2013, 08:54

Treacle wrote:Reading the comments about Bottas' move on other forums is intriguing. Most people claim Bottas was right to move out of the way and not interfere with the "big teams". I wonder if the situation would have been different with Alonso or Vettel behind the Williams...
Oh, wait. I remember Interlagos last year where it caused a huge uproar that Schumacher moved out of Vettel's way. Double standards, I love you.
Schuey + Vettel = German
Bottas + Kimi = Finnish

Makes sense. They wouldn't let other rivals by, just countrymen.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 30 May 2013, 08:58

My point exactly. The two situation are completely the same.
Yet, the Kimi+Bottas "incident" is right, while the Schumacher+Vettel is blasphemy.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2013, 10:14

But its Kimi. Kimi can do no wrong remember.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 May 2013, 18:54

Kimi was going to overtake Nico anyway. He finished 6 seconds ahead of him in one lap :lol:

But seriously Bottas, find a better excuse, Kimi was leading the race? :lol:

Unfortunately we didn't see much coverage of Maldonado/Chilton crash. But here's a video showing the full incident!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 30 May 2013, 21:06

Yeah I saw that video, filled in the gaps that weren't shown on TV. I wondered how the field managed to get through given the track was blocked. I know it's been widely noted, but it can be said again. The TV director was rubbish.

iceT
Donator
Donator

Post by iceT » 31 May 2013, 12:49

Thanks for posting the footage, iceman1. That was a great vantage point for whoever shot that video. F~0~M should consider putting a camera there in the future.
Didn't realise the cars had to virtually stop before getting past the accident site.

On another note, I think Bottas was wise not to interfere with championship contenders, whatever reasons given.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 31 May 2013, 14:49

iceT wrote:Thanks for posting the footage, iceman1. That was a great vantage point for whoever shot that video. F~0~M should consider putting a camera there in the future.
Didn't realise the cars had to virtually stop before getting past the accident site.

On another note, I think Bottas was wise not to interfere with championship contenders, whatever reasons given.
Because your a kimi fan, right? No car should move over for another unless its a team mate. Williams are there to race every team on the grid. Bottas purposely let kimi through. he couldve held kimi up and made his Williams the widest car in existence while forcing Hulkenberg into a mistake. Bottas did what Schumacher did for Vettel in Brazil and its wrong. Every car is there to be raced except for team orders.

If I was Frank id be furious at Bottas for possibly losing a point for Williams.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 01 Jun 2013, 04:47

mikhailv wrote:
iceT wrote:Thanks for posting the footage, iceman1. That was a great vantage point for whoever shot that video. F~0~M should consider putting a camera there in the future.

Because your a kimi fan, right? No car should move over for another unless its a team mate. Williams are there to race every team on the grid. Bottas purposely let kimi through. he couldve held kimi up and made his Williams the widest car in existence while forcing Hulkenberg into a mistake. Bottas did what Schumacher did for Vettel in Brazil and its wrong. Every car is there to be raced except for team orders.

If I was Frank id be furious at Bottas for possibly losing a point for Williams.
I wonder what you'd be saying if it was Alonso that Bottas moved out of the way for, rather than Raikkonen. :lol:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Jun 2013, 07:59

I dont want anybody moving out the way for Alonso except his team mate. Championship or not. Overtake them or lose the championship. Happened in 2010. End of the day rival teams shouldnt help each other. I hated it when williams and mclaren worked together so Ferrari would lose.

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 02 Jun 2013, 07:16

This is some comprehensive explanation about Lewis "Struggling" so far in performance because of brakes:

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... des-so-far

I wonder how he will perform once he gets everything sort out and have confidence 101% in his car :cool:
It will be great to see... :thumbsup:

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 05 Jun 2013, 04:02

Its funny how you use " " on Struggling and not on Comprehensive Explanation.......

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 05 Jun 2013, 04:38

F1EA wrote:Its funny how you use " " on Struggling and not on Comprehensive Explanation.......
Those are called quotation marks.
Wikipedia wrote:In English writing, quotation marks or inverted commas (informally referred to as quotes or speech marks) are punctuation marks surrounding a quotation, direct speech, or a literal title or name.
'Struggling' is a quote from the article (and other sources), while 'comprehensive explanation' is not.