[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Ether » 22 Apr 2013, 15:59

and my prediction is WRONG AGAIN!! :D :D :D I told you... every prediction I made for the winner is always wrong.. Probably a jinx?

Bad luck for Alonso, but yeah, I think he did wrong by trying the DRS for the second time... I wouldn't have done it... He was considerably quite lucky, remember what happened to Schumi car last year? DRS stuck and cannot pushed back even using some muscles! LOLz.. so Alonso still have little luck that his DRS wing could recover..

Great race by Hamilton, I never thought he could fight back at that late stage of the race... It's a good race, but I hate to see guys at front :D :D

I just don't like Seb winning that easy, and Lotus gaining lots of advantage somehow mysteriously... But yeah, Lotus almost always did well in Bahrain, just like last year! which I directly forgot the result on the next day! It's just a podium to forgot for me :D nobody up there I like to be in podium... maybe except Kimi! But Kimi did nothing special too!! he just drive the car.. *yawn*

By the way... next race is Barcelona.. I'd tip for Vettel win this time.. It's a reasonable tip right? (I really hope this could be another jinx :DDDDDDD) Barcelona would be the best and suitable track for RB for sure... I don't know who would be 2nd.. Probably Kimi again.. but please not Grosjean in 3rd! If that happens, I wouldn't watch F1 again this season...

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 22 Apr 2013, 16:31

Ether wrote:but please not Grosjean in 3rd! If that happens, I wouldn't watch F1 again this season...
Explain.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 22 Apr 2013, 17:16

Ether wrote:
I just don't like Seb winning that easy, and Lotus gaining lots of advantage somehow mysteriously... But yeah, Lotus almost always did well in Bahrain, just like last year! which I directly forgot the result on the next day! It's just a podium to forgot for me :D nobody up there I like to be in podium... maybe except Kimi! But Kimi did nothing special too!! he just drive the car.. *yawn*

By the way... next race is Barcelona.. I'd tip for Vettel win this time.. It's a reasonable tip right? (I really hope this could be another jinx :DDDDDDD) Barcelona would be the best and suitable track for RB for sure... I don't know who would be 2nd.. Probably Kimi again.. but please not Grosjean in 3rd! If that happens, I wouldn't watch F1 again this season...
Hmm Lotus didnt get pace mysteriously. They set themselves up for a stronger race rather than for Q. It's brave, cause anytime you're sandwiched between front and midfield all sort of dangerous situations come on; from crashes to running into alternate strategies cars which mess up your race.....

But anyways... MUCH better than what Mercedes did.

Also Grosjean... he's a nice guy. Its good that he gets his performance back. His (lack of) performance was the mysterious one.... Also, i'm kind of tired with the German anthem on the podium hehehehe the french and italian ones are nicer.

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 22 Apr 2013, 18:12

I could not agree more. Good rundown. Only driver I disagree with is Webber. Should have been a 5/10 at best. Especially when looking at his teammate. His pace was really abysmal. He was not able to keep his tires alive and crucially lost 2 places on the final lap. Biggest loser of the day imo.

My take on the race. Not as Kimi-centered as usual. There was just so much going on! Crazy race. Loved every minute. Literally.

A Little Bit Of History Repeating: http://f1bias.com/2013/04/22/bahrain-gp ... repeating/
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 Apr 2013, 18:37

Looks like someone stormed the press conference

:lol: :lol:

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 22 Apr 2013, 19:08

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 23 Apr 2013, 03:26

No I didn't mean that I don't like Grosjean in 3rd, but I didn't like if it happens to be the same podium again in Barcelona! Because I don't quite enjoy on each driver up there in Bahrain podium.. I dont like two Lotus up there. I dont exactly know why either! I just dont.. Somehow I felt that Lotus dont have the biggest amount of updates or engineers that exactly could explain why the car is working very well this year. Which probably what Newey claimed was right.. Lotus gain advantage of tyre management because their old cars has been Pirelli's test car for years.. Which probably Lotus philosophy of the cars could suit more on the Pirellis.. but yes this is still something yet to prove. But I must say that I dont like Lotus, i prefer once the team was Renault, and Flavio Briatore was there, I can feel the spirit, the passion, and the fights! What I feel about Lotus right now is like a team just to race, win or not, they dont really care at all (probably im wrong though). They just dont have the ambition to be the WCC or bringing one of their drivers to be WDC, even though you could say now that Kimi has quite some chance to be a champion this year. He is merely 10 points adrift from Vettel. But the team, eric bouiller especially, just dont seem the right figure for Lotus. I dont know..

Okay this is my problem, I have to accept Lotus as one strong team equal to Red Bull then, especially in heat. Renault seems to master the heat very well. Which is Mercedes quite the contrary.

but cross my finger, Vettel might win another race in Barcelona, which I'm quite sure Kimi would not be far away around, so podium for sure.. Again. The other slot could be filled by Alonso. Or.. Another Grosjean? That lotus looks stronger than Ferrari though.. This is what I thought.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 23 Apr 2013, 04:26

Ether wrote:No I didn't mean that I don't like Grosjean in 3rd, but I didn't like if it happens to be the same podium again in Barcelona! Because I don't quite enjoy on each driver up there in Bahrain podium.. I dont like two Lotus up there. I dont exactly know why either! I just dont.. Somehow I felt that Lotus dont have the biggest amount of updates or engineers that exactly could explain why the car is working very well this year. Which probably what Newey claimed was right.. Lotus gain advantage of tyre management because their old cars has been Pirelli's test car for years.. Which probably Lotus philosophy of the cars could suit more on the Pirellis.. but yes this is still something yet to prove. But I must say that I dont like Lotus, i prefer once the team was Renault, and Flavio Briatore was there, I can feel the spirit, the passion, and the fights! What I feel about Lotus right now is like a team just to race, win or not, they dont really care at all (probably im wrong though). They just dont have the ambition to be the WCC or bringing one of their drivers to be WDC, even though you could say now that Kimi has quite some chance to be a champion this year. He is merely 10 points adrift from Vettel. But the team, eric bouiller especially, just dont seem the right figure for Lotus. I dont know..

Okay this is my problem, I have to accept Lotus as one strong team equal to Red Bull then, especially in heat. Renault seems to master the heat very well. Which is Mercedes quite the contrary.

but cross my finger, Vettel might win another race in Barcelona, which I'm quite sure Kimi would not be far away around, so podium for sure.. Again. The other slot could be filled by Alonso. Or.. Another Grosjean? That lotus looks stronger than Ferrari though.. This is what I thought.
Lotus are currently second in the Constructors' Championship, you know...

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 23 Apr 2013, 14:49

Yes I know... they are in a very good position to challenge RB for both the WCC and WDC, but I felt like they don't really have the ambition to do so. It's like a team: "It's great if we won! but if not, then that's fine, we need to do another better job next year". It's completely different to Mclaren, with their flawed cars, they still talking about Championship! that's actually the different between a competitive spirit and just being competitive. Championship should be a target for teams in front runners, but Lotus is not, I don't know I couldn't see anything showing the spirit of it.
Mercedes, has been talking about championship even their cars not good enough, they talk but not about this year, they talk about every next year they have.. It's a clear vision, they have the ambition to claim the highest position! which Lotus is probably not the same.. this is my humble opinion. I think this could be a wrong thought of mine, hope Lotus show their ambition and spirit to be the champion.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 23 Apr 2013, 16:20

F1EA wrote:Sergio did a VERY good job. He still needs to tidy up a bit, but i think he got the message: took no prisoners and got a good set of pts.
He's now got his new message not to overtake dear old Jenson, because now he wants to be number 1 (after saying he doesnt want to be number 1 and should be equal) and he doesnt agree with team orders (though he was whinging about keeping perez behind because he is being silly).

Oh the contradiction of an average driver.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 23 Apr 2013, 17:28

im sure his pace caught them all by surprise. So, it happened, now they should be better prepared for the future...

But Sergio was sketchy at best, so Jenson was not totally wrong. Mclaren should have gotten Jenson out of the way though. Its not as if Sergio suddenly appeared alongside Jenson on faster pace....

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 24 Apr 2013, 08:51

I was shocked at Perez. Never seen him so combatant behind the wheel and so successful. Mightily impressed by it. Reminded me of Lewis on Jenson; precise, aggressive and affirming his position over him. Didnt like Jenson shoving Perez off track nor Perez shoving Alonso off track, I thought that was crowding but it seems to be acceptable now which is strange.

But alas, Perez catching the back of Jenson was identical to Alonso and Vettel; car behind is much faster into the corner so the car infront cheekily takes a 'slower' line. Loved every minuet of it to be honest, mostly because of Jenson's whinging. Reminds me of Danny Pedrosa in the sense that he finally gets rid of the superior teammate in Stoner/Hamilton, but now he has someone challenging him in the form of Marquez/Perez.

KevC

Post by KevC » 24 Apr 2013, 13:01

mikhailv wrote:I was shocked at Perez. Never seen him so combatant behind the wheel and so successful. Mightily impressed by it. Reminded me of Lewis on Jenson; precise, aggressive and affirming his position over him. Didnt like Jenson shoving Perez off track nor Perez shoving Alonso off track, I thought that was crowding but it seems to be acceptable now which is strange.
Ted Kravitz suggested that it might have been because his major sponsors were there and McLaren are looking for a new title sponsor next year so he was driving out of his skin to look impressive for the money men.