thank me later

Ah this one's even nicer for avatar.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Re: UBS Chinese Grand Prix

Post by MavF1 » 14 Apr 2013, 19:40

donald29 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Strong rumours picking up that Mark Webber has signed a 5 year deal with Porsche's LMP1 project. Tweeted by Kate Walker (F1 journalist) and MotoGP/Le Mans commentator Toby Moody.
Interesting. Am waiting to hear more.
Yep. Though we don't even know if Porsche will stay that long, since from next year on there will be two VW brands battling each other, which VW itself apparently isn't too happy about. So either Audi or Porsche could move to F1 instead. Don't know how realistic that whole scenario is, though.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 15 Apr 2013, 08:18

iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:@tderias - without paying, unfortunately no.
From where is it? I'll get it for you tderias :p
Nooo you really don't have to :blush:. I'll find free ones which are similar to it, but thanks for the offer :roll::

mikhailv's one will do just fine, thanks Mikhail! :D

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 16 Apr 2013, 11:52

Great rundown. And regarding Kimi-Perez, I have to put the blame on Kimi there even if I am a fan. Overtaking on the outside of turn 5-6 doesnt work. Perez drove the racing line and Kimi should have baited his time and got the job done in the DRS zone instead.
With the damage went also the possibility of fighting with Alonso for the win. Great race all in all and exciting final laps as well.

My own Kimi-centered review of China: http://f1bias.com/2013/04/15/china-gp-2 ... -take-2nd/
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 16 Apr 2013, 17:54

tderias wrote: Is there an HQ version of this by any chance? :)
the best I could find

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 16 Apr 2013, 20:12

Even after watching Soren's clip... i think Perez should have left the space. Isn't that like the new rule or something?

Bold move by Kimi though....

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 16 Apr 2013, 20:35

F1EA wrote:Even after watching Soren's clip... i think Perez should have left the space. Isn't that like the new rule or something?

He did the same in Japan 2012. Both times to me, its Kimi's fault, he is going for half a gap where the track closes, its offline and if he continues straight on he is going on the grass/kerbs and off track.

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 17 Apr 2013, 06:55

F1EA wrote:Even after watching Soren's clip... i think Perez should have left the space. Isn't that like the new rule or something?

Kimi might have left a space if it had been the other way around. But he should have known that the outside doesn't work there. And it seems that it caught Perez by complete surprise that he came up on that side.
mikhailv wrote: He did the same in Japan 2012. Both times to me, its Kimi's fault, he is going for half a gap where the track closes, its offline and if he continues straight on he is going on the grass/kerbs and off track.
To whom did Kimi do the same to in Japan last year? Surely you don't mean Alonso?

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 17 Apr 2013, 07:17

Soren wrote:Kimi might have left a space if it had been the other way around.
He would certainly do so. He is one of the cleanest and fairest drivers, always leaves a space for the opponent, never pushes anybody off the track.

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 17 Apr 2013, 08:14

sermilan wrote:
Soren wrote:Kimi might have left a space if it had been the other way around.
He would certainly do so. He is one of the cleanest and fairest drivers, always leaves a space for the opponent, never pushes anybody off the track.
Indeed. But the problem is that he cannot expect everyone to do the same. I know he could count on Fernando to do it for instance, but not Perez.
It seemed an unnecessary move when a sure DRS pass was coming up just a few corners ahead.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Apr 2013, 09:45

Soren wrote:

Kimi might have left a space if it had been the other way around. But he should have known that the outside doesn't work there. And it seems that it caught Perez by complete surprise that he came up on that side.
mikhailv wrote: He did the same in Japan 2012. Both times to me, its Kimi's fault, he is going for half a gap where the track closes, its offline and if he continues straight on he is going on the grass/kerbs and off track.
To whom did Kimi do the same to in Japan last year? Surely you don't mean Alonso?
Kimi wouldnt leave a space because nobody with intelligence would go for an overtake where your car would be half off track over kerbs for a right hand turn where your totally offline.

And he tried to go for something which would never be there in Japan;

40 seconds in; Kimi is already heading to the grass, Alonso doesnt make contact, kimi jinks left, loses control and hits Alonso. Exactly what he did with Perez; he goes for a gap thats never there, never going to materialise, and hits the back of the car infront. Look at 12 seconds in; The sauber ahead it touching the white line, Alonso has left half a meters gap constantly and as the corner goes right the gap naturally decreases in the turn. Where the hell Kimi was expecting to go, i dont know. Purely his fault; there was never any gap without going off track as shown in the onboard with Massa, and as shown on the onboard with Alonso, he leaves a gap but never enough for a car to even attempt to get by.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 17 Apr 2013, 14:53

The difference being against Alonso he was never side by side. From what i remember Kimi was always behind Alonso (and if side by side there was some space left by Alo) and just hit him.

Against Perez, Kimi did get beside him when he closed the door and completely shut the gap.

Kimi was very lucky to be able to finish China....

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Apr 2013, 15:41

I didnt think Kimi was actually along side him going for the corner though because he was able to totally back out then lost control and hit the back of perez. Other problem is, Perez held the racing line, if he kept the half-car gap, Kimi wouldve been on the grass/kerb and wouldve lost control anyway and wouldnt make the turn. he wouldve gone far too wide and off track.

Kimi is really lapsy this year; his whinging about Hulkenberg was embarrassing too. Again he tried to go round the outside for turn 4 didnt he? Which is impossible. Hulk was hard but fair, bit of wheel banging is all good but Kimi expects others to roll over for him or not to fight back; when he is on the outside. He is putting the car in places he shouldnt and never will get by.