KevC

Re: Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2013

Post by KevC » 24 Mar 2013, 20:44

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 24 Mar 2013, 20:44

@mikhailv, I agree that they should race and not follow team instructions like puppets. There is no championship influence still, it's really early in the season, so no team orders should be issued. And yes, if Webber was faster, I would feel the same way. And I feel the same way about Rosberg, just the way I felt about Massa few races ago.
As for other things, please, calm down, I see that today's race really got up to you. ;)

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 24 Mar 2013, 21:49

Today's race simply set the precedent for the rest of the season.

Slightly different situations in RB and Merc. Vettel and Webber were on similar pace but Webber got the strategic upper hand. Vettel went for a very risky move that would have been devastating for the team; considering they were made to conserve for the benefit of the team. Webber doesnt really bow down for Vettel, so why should Vettel hand it over?? I blame RB from even trying. Now they just look silly and gave to play the hypocritical sod game. Save it.

Rosberg was actually faster than Lewis at the stage when it mattered... and was told to settle for a position that made no difference to the team pts haul or championship scenario. Rosberg will never be world champion. I blame Rosberg for complying. Now Mercedes will have a harder time playing their hypocritical equality game and Lewis playing the morality and repented puppy card, like Vettel. Save it. Hamilton demanded preference before signing to Merc, that's why he left Mclaren. Now Rosberg just showed why Ham deserves it.

Both a VERY different situation to Massa's at Australia. Massa was racing Vettel. Alonso was racing Massa, and was faster than him. But the fight hindered the team's shot at taking Vettel. This was reinforced in their out laps (plus the countless charts floating around, and the result of course). Neither Merc was being threatened and the fight to RB seemed lost.

Key word here: hypocrites.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 25 Mar 2013, 00:12

The drama at RedBull is not unexpected. :zz:
But I am utterly disappointed with Ross Brawn! :<>:
He is %#@*

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 25 Mar 2013, 02:27

icemaid wrote:The drama at RedBull is not unexpected. :zz:
He is %#@*
I'm not, a 3-4 finish is a good finish.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 25 Mar 2013, 06:37

Joey Zyla wrote:
He is %#@*
Well Merc should have let Rosberg pass Hamilton .... Redbull case is a little different, Webber was asked to tone down in order to save engine and fuel. In Merc's case, lewis was slow, may be due to his tyres. Rosberg had the advantage and didn't pull the move.

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 25 Mar 2013, 06:37

Me too.. I like how Mercedes performs! Hamilton should have been happy up on the podium there :P

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 25 Mar 2013, 06:44

Sanredrose wrote:
Joey Zyla wrote:
He is %#@*
Well Merc should have let Rosberg pass Hamilton .... Redbull case is a little different, Webber was asked to tone down in order to save engine and fuel. In Merc's case, lewis was slow, may be due to his tyres. Rosberg had the advantage and didn't pull the move.

No, Lewis had to save fuel! and particularly Nico didn't. So I don't know why they end up like that. Hamilton admitted that he pushed a lot for catching up one of the Red Bulls, but it cost him to safe fuel at the middle of the race, which was strange, but acceptable as something not solely because of the driver fault in my opinion. Letting Rosberg through or not, is not correct as well, so they should have been racing each other, but hey, they did! for maybe 2/3 laps? then Ross definitely radioing Rosberg by saying "Negative". Probably if the battle continues, Hamilton would have been ran out of fuel, so Mercedes probably will miss huge 12 Points up there..

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 25 Mar 2013, 07:19

Ether wrote:
Sanredrose wrote:
Joey Zyla wrote:
He is %#@*

No, Lewis had to save fuel! and particularly Nico didn't. So I don't know why they end up like that. Hamilton admitted that he pushed a lot for catching up one of the Red Bulls, but it cost him to safe fuel at the middle of the race, which was strange, but acceptable as something not solely because of the driver fault in my opinion. Letting Rosberg through or not, is not correct as well, so they should have been racing each other, but hey, they did! for maybe 2/3 laps? then Ross definitely radioing Rosberg by saying "Negative". Probably if the battle continues, Hamilton would have been ran out of fuel, so Mercedes probably will miss huge 12 Points up there..
Agreed, i got the facts wrong. Hamilton was slow to save fuel ... You can remind me of Hakkinen/Coulthard, 1998, team made a mistake and DC was happy to let Mika claim victory. Things are not so rosy with any team right now. Hamilton was saving fuel, but letting Rosberg go would have allowed him to hunt down the RBR units. In the midst of Vettel/Webber tussle, Rosberg could have sneaked in to gain a place.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 25 Mar 2013, 09:02

Didn't watch the race, only a few laps. Only I'm going to say, as other times, that there are men racing, and kids playing.

Sl2

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 25 Mar 2013, 09:25

Even Hamilton said Rosberg should be the one on podium when he was standing up there.
Guess even he was embarassed by what RB did.

P.S. I am happy they have a 3-4 finish too but should have been the other way around.

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 25 Mar 2013, 10:19

yesterday proved that Ross Brawn has the authority in his team,he controls the team and he doesn't let the drivers do whatever they want,Roseberg was much faster than Hamilton but instead of trying to do stupid things he obeyed team orders,in contrast we have Christian Horner who cannot control his drivers ( or may be he doesn't want to do that?) and seems like no one is listening to what he says.
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 25 Mar 2013, 10:29

People are still voting on the poll. :<>:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 25 Mar 2013, 10:54

Joey Zyla wrote:People are still voting on the poll. :<>:
Poll has now been closed.

Must admit it was quite amusing just before the podium watching Newey talk with Vettel. It reminded me of a schoolboy being told of by his teacher. :lol: On a more serious note though, I think this has ruined what little team harmony there was at Red Bull, and it wouldn't surprise me if this leads Webber to leave at the end of the year.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 25 Mar 2013, 11:14

End of the year? Perhaps even sooner.
A tabloid in Oz saying that Webber is already discussing with his manager. :p

On a serious note, a long wait for the next GP. :(