Other
No votes

Total votes: 45

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2013

Post by F1EA » 25 Mar 2013, 18:33

In my case, i'm only bothered with the need to play the sad puppy face game when its clear both drivers did what was best for them, in the situation at hand (Lewis and Vettel). In teams which claim they let their drivers race.

It would have been much healthier for F1 if both benefited drivers told the truth and get on with their lives.

Vettel: we fight always. I passed because it was a good opportunity for me. Mark doesnt exactly make it easy for me, so why should i give him these 7pts?

Hamilton: i defended hard because it is what i always do. If Nico truly deserved the position, he would have taken it, instead of asking for permission.

Case closed. No need for media BS.

As it is... Both benefitted drivers have like 2x the pts haul of their teammates in only the 2nd race. One bad result from either Mark or Nico and that puts them in the "best for the championship fight" zone.

Nico and Mark got screwed and they know it.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 25 Mar 2013, 18:42

I applaud you. :)
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Mar 2013, 18:51

There will be driver ratings. Maybe later or tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 25 Mar 2013, 19:07

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Mar 2013, 20:09

As promised. Apologies for any typos but that was a quick job on top of a headache and triedness *makes excuses*. I've tried to be as fair as possible. FYI without the humour, Vettel was to be given an 8, Webber a 9.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/malaysian-gp ... ngs/18315/

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 25 Mar 2013, 20:24

Nice job as usual, phil.

It seems to me that a rather important has been set yesterday and went mostly unnoticed amidst the multi21-gate: the fact that STR's unsafe release earned them a fine rather than a time or drive-through penalty. I wonder if the fact that they lost a lot of time themselves in the incident played a part in the stewards' decision, but at any rate I'm pleased that for once they've favoured fines over sporting penalties hitting a driver who did nothing wrong.

andrew
kart driver
kart driver

Post by andrew » 25 Mar 2013, 20:40

mikhailv wrote:
andrew wrote:
mikhailv wrote:
tderias wrote:Its certainly the most controversial thing I've seen since 2010, even more than 'Fernando is faster than you'...

We'll see how it plays out. Honestly coming to think about, I can't make up my mind if its a positive or negative to Vettel's CV.

It can show complete ruthlessness and desire for nothing less than P1, then again it is at the expense of other people, and can be considered cheating since Webber was a sitting duck.

Only time will tell...
Well to a future Formula 1 team he may want to move to he has shown;

A) He isn't a team player
B) He will disobey the team after multiple requests
C) He is willing to risk his car against a teammate
D) He is willing to go against agreements made with the team and teammate
E) Happily use team orders if they are beneficial but refuse them if they are detrimental.
F) When Helmut Dicko cant even defend you, you know you crossed a line.

If your Ferrari and you've got Alonso. If your mercedes and you've got Hamilton. Would you take Vettel on, knowing that he is against drivers of better calibre, but knowing he will A) Disobey team orders B) put his and his teammates car at risk and C) Go against any pre-agreement/gentleman's word?

Hamilton and Alonso would begrudgingly do what Nico Rosberg did.
Just Vettel showing the ruthlessness of a true great.
No, there's ruthlessness like Overtaking your teammate into the pitlane. Then there's sticking two fingers up at your employers, ignoring everything they request, publicly saying 'I don't know what it meant, im so sorry' only for the team boss to come out and say 'bulls**' to everything Vettel said. Hell he's quoted by german media saying he wasn't sorry at all. After his public 'apology'.

Theres ruthless overtaking on rivals. Then there is imbecilic disobedience and isolating yourself to the point where your own employers and Marko cant even defend him.

Schumacher wouldn't have disobeyed Ferrari. He played supporting role to Irvine did he not?
Payback's a b!tch ain't it? :lol:

Webber disobeys teamorders in Britain 2011: everyone supports Webber for disobeying teamorders
Webber disobeys teamorders in Abu Dhabi 2012: everyone slants Red Bull for giving teamorders
Webber disobeys teamorders in Brazil 2012: everyone slants Vettel for not starting faster
Vettel disobeys teamorders in Malaysia 2013: OMG, teamorders should always be followed!!

Webber needs to man up and dry his eyes. He ain't no saint when it comes to obeying team orders.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 25 Mar 2013, 20:53

Andrew, you cannot open the closed eyes of some... ;)

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 25 Mar 2013, 20:53

Nicely said andrew

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Mar 2013, 20:56

I said this somewhere else, but I'll post it here too...

I think it's more people having a problem with Vettel than actually what he did. Sure, it's not hugely ethical but as has already been discussed, Vettel will be praised should he beat Alonso/Raikkonen/whoever by less than 7 points come Brazil.

It also seems that when Webber ignores team orders (Britain 2011, Brazil 2012) or the team favours Vettel (Abu Dhabi 2012, justifiably) there's this attitude of 'yeah, you blaady go and get em Mark!' and I think it stems back to the incidents of Turkey/Britain 2010. When Vettel is favoured it's a 'how dare they!' attitude. I'm not saying Vettel was 100% justified in his actions, but there's double standards on behalf of both drivers, the team and their respective fans.

It's a psychology that has to be ingrained inside of Webber's mind, as proved by his comments throughout his time alongside Vettel. The idea of Vettel as a clear #1 and Webber as #2 has been created - even though when you look through history this is not the case, and if it is it's only usually when one driver has a title shot. Besides, and again this does not justify Vettel's actions, if you've won 3 titles against your team-mate's 0, you should feel you have the right to being the #1. Vettel will have watched Ferrari bend over backwards to help Alonso, so he's going to think 'hang on, I've won 3 titles, why shouldn't I be afforded that kind of treatment?'

It's a nice problem for Red Bull to have because they've won both titles for the last three years but there are several cases of hypocrisy and myths when it comes to driver treatment at the team.

Also, I love Sniff Petrol's idea that Vettel is like that nice German guy in a WWII film that suddenly goes 'Ja, ja, KILL ZEM ALL'

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 25 Mar 2013, 21:28

phil1993 wrote:As promised. Apologies for any typos but that was a quick job on top of a headache and triedness *makes excuses*. I've tried to be as fair as possible. FYI without the humour, Vettel was to be given an 8, Webber a 9.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/malaysian-gp ... ngs/18315/
Thank you Phil! :)
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 25 Mar 2013, 21:32

Treacle wrote:I applaud you. :)
thanks; although It's a lot easier to say others should man up hehehehe ;)

But yea... i was pretty annoyed at the cry-fest; when both Lewis and Vettel did what they were supposed to do.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 26 Mar 2013, 07:24

Can't wait to see Webber and Vettel on-track in China :rofl:

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 26 Mar 2013, 08:12

tderias wrote:Can't wait to see Webber and Vettel on-track in China :rofl:
I think they'll be funnier off the track.

They might not even meet on track unless Webber somehow turns up at the top of his game again.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 26 Mar 2013, 09:46

"You could clearly see Vettel trying to accelerate past another car in order to make his car go over the finish line first."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/for ... 3032663802