Michael Schumacher
5%
Other
5%

Total votes: 37

phil1993

Re: 2012 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 07 Oct 2012, 15:37

I've just made myself feel old by thinking Kamui's podium is the first for a Japanese driver since Sato in 2004 - and I remember it!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 07 Oct 2012, 15:40

:lol: Know what you mean. For some reason Alonso's crash in that Sato race has stuck in my mind. Can remember it really clearly.

Green Flag
Donator
Donator

Post by Green Flag » 07 Oct 2012, 16:19

phil1993 wrote:So, what can Romain and Lotus do now?
http://www.f1zone.net/news/how-do-you-s ... ean/16076/
Nice article :)

I find it quite worrying that, even if he claims to be trying to avoid trouble, he still ends up colliding with people. Perhaps he should try a couple of hypnosis sessions with Jackie Stewart :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Oct 2012, 16:23

:thumbsup:
Q: (Paolo Ianieri – La Gazzetta dello Sport) Felipe, this was also a pretty important race for you and your future, also for you Kamui. Do think that this podium, for both of you, will help you to secure your seats at Ferrari and Sauber respectively for next season? Yesterday you said that this could be your last Suzuka. Is that true?

FM: I think so.

KK: Yeah, I think so too.

FM: So, we think so.

KK: We think so together, you know? We will have a good meeting tonight, to speak with our managers.

Q: (Paolo Ianieri – La Gazzetta dello Sport) Soon?

FM: Yeah. I think so!

KK: I think so.
I think so too :lol:

Green Flag
Donator
Donator

Post by Green Flag » 07 Oct 2012, 16:31

Thanks for the video, iceman! That was impressive...

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 07 Oct 2012, 16:37

Too bad his reactions weren't as sharp at the start!! :(

Green Flag
Donator
Donator

Post by Green Flag » 07 Oct 2012, 16:49

Would be interesting to see the on-board footage of the start from Kimi's car...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 07 Oct 2012, 19:52

Amazed how open Felipe was, saying this was good for his head, his mentality, and how much he struggled not being on the podium with 'bad thoughts' in his head. Can't recall a driver being that open whilst still racing.

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 08 Oct 2012, 06:29

Hamilton would not be 42 points behind the leader if Button and Mclaren are both smart enough to think clearly that they need to cooperate to gain points for Hamilton. Let's be fair, it's really a silly team, or it's just a manifest that now Hamilton is not a part of Mclaren anymore, even there's still 5 races left? For that thought, it is tragic, and sadly I must write off Hammy as title contender this year in this closing season. It was awful to have a team like that. And I really support Hamilton to jump out that boat, and find other team that really appreciate his efforts and skills, as well as being smart enough to cooperate together..

For the reason that Button could have caught Koba, I think it was also quite a very silly idea too, for a big teams like Mclaren, getting a podium is not so important compare to trying to achieve world driver champion. So as I say clearly that when Button felt his pace was as fast as Koba, and could reallt have time to overtake him, he should have open his brain, and also the team should have done something to do with tryinh to achieve driver champion, not just suzuka podium! This may be said as a team order, but I think, it's a very simple way, and it doesn't really seems to be that hard to think or need to be ordered.. button could have just pull away until Hamilton overtook him. That would be helping Hamilton some points to get as close as possible to the leader...

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 08 Oct 2012, 08:02

Ether wrote:Hamilton would not be 42 points behind the leader if Button and Mclaren are both smart enough to think clearly that they need to cooperate to gain points for Hamilton. Let's be fair, it's really a silly team, or it's just a manifest that now Hamilton is not a part of Mclaren anymore, even there's still 5 races left? For that thought, it is tragic, and sadly I must write off Hammy as title contender this year in this closing season. It was awful to have a team like that. And I really support Hamilton to jump out that boat, and find other team that really appreciate his efforts and skills, as well as being smart enough to cooperate together..

For the reason that Button could have caught Koba, I think it was also quite a very silly idea too, for a big teams like Mclaren, getting a podium is not so important compare to trying to achieve world driver champion. So as I say clearly that when Button felt his pace was as fast as Koba, and could reallt have time to overtake him, he should have open his brain, and also the team should have done something to do with tryinh to achieve driver champion, not just suzuka podium! This may be said as a team order, but I think, it's a very simple way, and it doesn't really seems to be that hard to think or need to be ordered.. button could have just pull away until Hamilton overtook him. That would be helping Hamilton some points to get as close as possible to the leader...
Where was Button when Perez was wiping the floor with lewis? Yeah, ahead of him. Jensons fastest lap was a 36.6 Hamiltons is a 37.7 so he had a second on lewis and finished 21 seconds back.

This is the problem with Mclaren. When button is off, he is abysmal. But when he is on, he can genuinely wipe the floor with lewis both mentally, strategically and driving wise too. Spa, China and Japan are prime examples of this. Lewis can have some very strange weekends where he just has no pace at all. Its weird.

And hamilton wouldnt be 42 points behind if Mclaren didnt screw his pit stop, if they didnt underfuel him in Barcelona, if he didnt crash with Maldanado in Valencia and wasnt took out by Grosjean.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 08 Oct 2012, 12:41

*And his retirement in Singapore.

If 2011 was a tough season for him, I don't know what he thinks of this one.

iceT
Donator
Donator

Post by iceT » 08 Oct 2012, 13:06

Thanks indeed for posting the Sky Sport analysis, Iceman1. There's never any doubt about Kimi's driving professionalism even though we also know he doesn't give a toss about anyone else . :thumbsup:
Green Flag wrote:
phil1993 wrote:So, what can Romain and Lotus do now?
http://www.f1zone.net/news/how-do-you-s ... ean/16076/
Nice article :)
I find it quite worrying that, even if he claims to be trying to avoid trouble, he still ends up colliding with people. Perhaps he should try a couple of hypnosis sessions with Jackie Stewart :p

I was also thinking about that same tune "How do you solve a problem like Maria..", yesterday. The only solution for Grojean is to start from pole from now on. Lotus must harness his speed for qualifying and get him to the front where he can't possibly hit anyone if he's on pole. Although I must say he's surely been "helping" his team mate by doing what he's best known for!

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 08 Oct 2012, 13:42

tderias wrote:*And his retirement in Singapore.

If 2011 was a tough season for him, I don't know what he thinks of this one.
2012 is much tougher for lewis personally, because its not actually him making any mistakes. Valencia he couldve backed off and thought 20 races long not 2 laps long, but the rest, he hasnt done a single thing wrong.

2011 was purely his own fault and he knows it.

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 08 Oct 2012, 14:40

I really hope to see Hamilton in Mercedes like Alonso in Ferrari. it may need some time, maybe 2014 will be the best opportunity, but I don't think RB will be weak at all.. As long as Newey is there.

At this closing stage of this year season, I must say Vettel had big chances to stay as the world champion. And that would make him 3 consecutive year as a world champion... Let's see how ferrari cars compare to RB in Korea GP this weekend.. Very interesting to see..

sportingcp
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by sportingcp » 08 Oct 2012, 14:40

Just to say, I knew this would be an important weekend to Kobayashi and he made it into the podium! And it was on pure pace there wasn´t a different strategy. He deserves this. Japanese crowd is awesome.