Other
No votes

Total votes: 43

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Formula 1 Gran Premio Santander D'Italia 2012

Post by Edi96 » 09 Sep 2012, 19:00

These flyaway back to back races must be pretty hard for the staff and their families. Pretty challenging end of a long season, in which every mistake hurts twice in terms of the championship.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Sep 2012, 19:09

Edi96 wrote:These flyaway back to back races must be pretty hard for the staff and their families. Pretty challenging end of a long season, in which every mistake hurts twice in terms of the championship.
Must be. Because you have Singapore (where they stay on European time), Japan, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi. Then over the other side of the world to the US and Brazil. Jet lag. Different cultures, all within the next, what, 11 weeks? Very tough.

For the drivers it isn't so bad. But for all else, mechanics and journalists, it must be hard. Especially if you're a freelancer looking at hotel rooms for Austin.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 09 Sep 2012, 20:09

antyk wrote:If we compare Lewis' (3 wins, 6 podiums) and Kimi's (0 wins, 6 podiums) season so far, we can see how important consistence is. Despite winning 3 races, Lewis is only 1 point ahead of Kimi. Mclaren really can't afford any DNF's more, if they want fight for the championship.
although Lewis himself is pretty consistent this year.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 10 Sep 2012, 08:37

alex1369 wrote:1 - Best Driver - Hamilton,Perez
2 - Best Team - Mclaren
3 - Best Overtake - Perez on Kimi, Rosberg vs Kimi
4 - Best Moment - Torro Rosso going off in a big way at t1,Perez storming and finish ofcourse
5 - Worst Driver - Alonso for crying, fight god damn - fight!! Its over when the flag is out.
6 - Worst Team - HRT
7 - Best Rookie - none
8 - Biggest Surprise - Button and RBR retire, Perez storming once again
9 - General Comment(s)
Well it wass a good/ok race
But Ferrari are getting on my nerves. Same place like last year only different situation. for me its Alonso s own fault, Vettel made only outside avialable, but Alonso wanted inside line and he went off - and then he calls the Ferrari International Assistance and there you go - Vettel gets penalty, but what about last year??? No penalties at all. And when the F India pushed Senna off track - the stewards didnt see that at all, but when Fernando calls the they hear it very well. I hate everything must be decided on the table - where is the racing, damn!!!

But my man wins, hopefully he will get the crbaby Alonso in the championship.
8/10
:rofl: :rofl: really great!!!

Seems, that it not Alonso who is crying.

;)

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 10 Sep 2012, 09:22

As an aside, the last four Grand Prix have been won from pole position without any drama at the forefront.

Good thing there's been good racing throughout the field, but I wouldn't mind some exciting battles for the lead in the future.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 10 Sep 2012, 10:50

Im not criying, for me its just unfair penalty for Vettel. Alonso f..... himself this time, but he always has a joker in his hand - the Ferrari International Assistance wich saves his ass when he makes s... And FIA is dumb too. But the Force india and Senna incident..
- ah well, whatever...., if this were someone else from the top teams im sure it would bee different.
I dont have anything against Alonso, he is great driver, nice guy - i met him there last year. But looks like its hard for him to say, "ok team i messed it up when trying to overtake, but no he starts bitching - calls FIA and there you go they give penalty.
IMAO Vettel gave him room only for outside, but no he wanted the inside and went off - and screwed himself. Patience Fernando patience - you know that very well, but here you forgot it.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Sep 2012, 12:13

alex1369 wrote:Im not criying, for me its just unfair penalty for Vettel. Alonso f..... himself this time, but he always has a joker in his hand - the Ferrari International Assistance wich saves his ass when he makes s... And FIA is dumb too. But the Force india and Senna incident..
- ah well, whatever...., if this were someone else from the top teams im sure it would bee different.
I dont have anything against Alonso, he is great driver, nice guy - i met him there last year. But looks like its hard for him to say, "ok team i messed it up when trying to overtake, but no he starts bitching - calls FIA and there you go they give penalty.
IMAO Vettel gave him room only for outside, but no he wanted the inside and went off - and screwed himself. Patience Fernando patience - you know that very well, but here you forgot it.
The FIA decisions are questionable sometimes, but the rules have changed. What Vettel did was wrong - initially I thought it was a harsh penalty, but on seeing replays I could see it was too far.

A week ago, we had a driver make an astonishingly stupid move at the start and receive a ran ban. So the penalties are getting harsher

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 10 Sep 2012, 12:28

Vettel deserved this penalty. It hasn't been the first time that he forced another driver off-track. Suzuka 2011 is a good example, when he pushed Button onto the grass at the start and was lucky to get away without a penalty. Hopefully he learns his lesson.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 10 Sep 2012, 13:23

alex1369 wrote:Im not criying, for me its just unfair penalty for Vettel. Alonso f..... himself this time, but he always has a joker in his hand - the Ferrari International Assistance wich saves his ass when he makes s... And FIA is dumb too. But the Force india and Senna incident..
2012, onboard cam vettel, he (0:29) was inside, and when he look Alonso outside, he gone outside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAjuXFsW98A

He start inside:
And then, he moved left to push Alonso out. 297 km/h.
That's a crime

2011 vs 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qvsjfKMsg
Left screen 2011, right 2012.
Alonso start turn at middle-left (middle-outside). Vettel start full right (inside)

Alonso end turn at left side (outside), he was middle-left. Vettel end at left side, he was inside and move to outside

You can see clear, or can cry, but Vettel deserve more than a drive throught penalty.

And latter, Alonso don't cry as you said, you lie, Alonso overtake Vettel on track!!!, and watch, cause Vettel AGAIN pushed Alonso out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk3lcrTTPt4

Vettel stat inside
And move outside, but Alonso stay on inside line
so he overtake this criminal.

:fear:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Sep 2012, 13:28

The moves were very similar. In 2011, Fernando knew Seb was there. I'm not even sure that Seb knew Fernando was there yesterday.

But the rules have changed. 2011 > 2012 comparisons are fairly pointless.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 10 Sep 2012, 13:34

Watch both vídeos, onboard Vettel, watch him looking alonso on mirrors.

Watch second Alonso on 2011 was outside and stay outside. Vettel 2012 move from full inside to outside. It is not similar

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 10 Sep 2012, 13:42

Vettel looked to late in his mirrors and at that point it was way to late to close the door. Nevertheless, he pushed Alonso onto the grass. Brainless move by Vettel, you should expect better from a two time world champion.

"Ferrari damages after Alonso clash with Vettel in detail: a hole in the floor, a broken rear-damper & he lost a part of the diffuser."

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 10 Sep 2012, 13:45

Edi96 wrote:Vettel looked to late in his mirrors and at that point it was way to late to close the door. Nevertheless, he pushed Alonso onto the grass. Brainless move by Vettel, you should expect better from a two time world champion.

"Ferrari damages after Alonso clash with Vettel in detail: a hole in the floor, a broken rear-damper & he lost a part of the diffuser."
A hole in the floor!!!!!. That's legal?
:drool: :fear: :pray:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Sep 2012, 13:46

Edi96 wrote:"Ferrari damages after Alonso clash with Vettel in detail: a hole in the floor, a broken rear-damper & he lost a part of the diffuser."
And, I should imagine, a sore behind.

@dacer. Yes, but they should get it fixed before the next race.