No votes

Total votes: 37

sportingcp
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: LVI Grand Prix of Europe

Post by sportingcp » 24 Jun 2012, 15:54

Thoughts about the race:

-Vettel was doing a tremendous job until the SC moment. The gap he opened, I mean he was at other level.
-McLaren... again screwing Lewis race in the pitstops. How can that be possible lol? Unbelievable.
-Lotus again really close to the victory with both drivers (clearly the fastest team this weekend) but couldn´t make it but still good job from both drivers. I´m convinced they will get a victory in the next 3/4 races. Probably in Germany or Hungary.
-Maldonado... idiot.
-Kobayashi was doing a very good race until that moment with Senna. Could have reached the podium.
-Force India showed a good perfomance this weekend, they are getting closer to the top (same for Sauber).
-Alonso. What a show. Superb job. He was agressive, managed well his tyres (Lotus were thinking Fernando who had problems but it was Hamilton who had tyre issues) and the victory is well deserved of course. The celebration was awesome also.
-Caterham showing some improvements in their perfomance.
-And of course, Schumacher´s podium. Out of nowhere, this time finally he had the luck by his side. And the podium is of course really, REALLY well deserved.

Another apreciations:

-Its true that all this thing with the Pirelli tyres make things sometimes maybe too much unpredictable, but it´s also truth that makes thing very interesting and I think that the best drivers are still on the top. And everybody has his moment! I think that this is fair, the best drivers are still on top but makes everything more interesting, and races more unpredictable. It´s not exactly a lottery and that is why the best driver is leading the championship.

-That situation with Alonso car in the end, if the car had a problem then he was really lucky to finish the race. But well as i said it was well deserved.

-Now Alonso is leading the championship with 20 points of advantage to... Webber. Great job from the Australian no one notices him but there he is. He did a very good job in this race too.

-The difference between the two Ferrari drivers is, at the moment of nothing more, nothing less than 100 points. That´s right. 100 points. Massa was beaten even by Petrov. I don´t even know anymore how to explain how ridiculous Massa is at the moment. This is a joke. Completely a joke.

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 24 Jun 2012, 15:58

Hulkenberg deserves a lot of credit. He is going unnoticed when he had a brilliant race.

He didn't have KERS for 50 laps and finished 5th. If he had KERS I have no doubt he wouldn't of let Webber and Schumacher through/would be futher up the field anyway (3 tenths a lap he was missing out on) and would of managed to get a podium. He was 11th when the Safety car came out, brilliant performance and I suspect this is when the tables turn for Hulkenberg's season. He's had bad luck so far and it continued with the KERS failure today.

Good driver with potential, and I think we're going to finally see it.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:12

Last winner from P11 was David Coulthard at the 2003 Australian Grand Prix.

Adam Cooper: "No news yet on outcome of investigation into Schumacher using DRS under yellows, which is not allowed. If found guilty he could get a 20s penalty which drops him to ninth, behind in Perez".

But he slowed down slightly according to his laptimes.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 Jun 2012, 16:15

mikhailv wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Mikhail, put Alonso in Lewis's position and you'd be going apeshit.

Three champions on the podium :)
Apeshit from being so stupid as to turn in instead of waiting or taking into account Maldanado is a tosspot. Alonso would've used his brain and thought. I thought lewis' wouldve but I was wrong. Thats the difference between the two, Alonso has a brain, lewis doesnt.

Lewis shouldve had 2nd, he should be right up there but no! He makes another damn mistake.
That's c**p!!! ... You can find reasonable answer to that from Alonso's PC :thumbsup:

Anyways, Happy to see Schumacher on podium !yahoo:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:18

iceman1 wrote:Last winner from P11 was David Coulthard at the 2003 Australian Grand Prix.

Adam Cooper: "No news yet on outcome of investigation into Schumacher using DRS under yellows, which is not allowed. If found guilty he could get a 20s penalty which drops him to ninth, behind in Perez".

But he slowed down slightly according to his laptimes.
Red Bull seem to think the fact the DRS was open is important, Mercedes seem to think because he went slower he is ok despite the DRS. Lets see what the stewards say.

To me this has the feeling of Monaco 2010 when Ross Brawn seemed to have a sound case and Schumi got penalised.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 Jun 2012, 16:26

Schumacher did closed DRS bit late

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:26

Vergne given a 10 place grid penalty and a 25000 Euro fine.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:28

He's never had 10 places to lose. :lol:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:37

Apparently Schumacher has left the track despite no decision from stewards!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:39

20s penalty Maldonado. 10th place now Senna despite his adventures!

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 24 Jun 2012, 16:42

donald29 wrote:20s penalty Maldonado. 10th place now Senna despite his adventures!
That's what I was going to tell. The people in paddock now say Maldonado is getting a time penalty instead of a grid penalty. It's over 3 hours since the race finished, it would be nice to have some official results yet.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:43

Yeah I want to cook dinner, but don't want to leave the computer until I know if Schumacher is being penalised...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:47

Stewards: "failed to rejoin the track in a safe manner".
donald29 wrote:Yeah I want to cook dinner, but don't want to leave the computer until I know if Schumacher is being penalised...
You remind me of someone in this forum :p

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:48

Inconsistent penalties.

Vergne takes out Kovalainen - 10 place grid + fine
Kobayashi takes out Massa - 5 place grid
Maldonado takes out Hamilton - Time penalty

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 24 Jun 2012, 16:50

Donald, you probably will be able to go cooking dinner soon. It looks the stewards are publishing all the things right now. :)

Maldonado's penalty is effectively confirmed (by Autosport's guys): 20 seconds.
Plus Vergne 10 positions in Silverstone and 5 for Kobayashi, plus what Senna got during the race... Is this the race with the most penalties, related to different incidents, ever?