6 - Worst Team
7 - Best Rookie
8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment(s)

phil1993

Re: Rate the 2012 Canada Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2012, 10:42

1 - Best Driver
Either of the top three. Lewis for staying calm and going for it. Romain and Sergio for managing their strategies perfectly

2 - Best Team
No-one really stood out, but I guess McLaren's strategy was best

3 - Best Overtake
Perez on Rosberg

4 - Best Moment
Hamilton hunting down Vettel/Alonso

5 - Worst Driver
Button was just terrible all afternoon for a third successive race. Dishonourable mention to Felipe for a costly mistake, Bruno for almost being embarrassed by the Caterhams

6 - Worst Team
HRT. Knew their brakes were cooked but kept the drivers out longer than necessary; pretty dangerous

7 - Best Rookie
Neither Romain or Checo have raced here before, so both of them!

8 - Biggest Surprise
Romain & Checo making a one stop work while Fernando & Seb didn't

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 11 Jun 2012, 11:13

1 - Best Driver - My man Lewis
2 - Best Team - I would say Mclaren, but looking where Button is then i go for Sauber
3 - Best Overtake - All Hamilton overtakes, Massa vs Rosberg also good
4 - Best Moment - Hamilton storming back to P1, last 15 laps when tyre gamble began
5 - Worst Driver - Both HRTs and Button - every weekend "i have some rear locking,car sliding..." WTF is wrong there???
6 - Worst Team - HRT
7 - Best Rookie - Romain
8 - Biggest Surprise - MSC again DNF, he finally has a car for podium but everytime unlucky, always contact with Grosejan, wheel nut not fixed...and now he has to retire thanks to stupid DRS failure... big jinx this year for MSC, i would hit the tabe really hard to release some anger

9 - General Comment(s)
Well the race wasnt action packed, but last 15 laps were preety good. HAM won so im happy, but not much action like prevoius races so 7/10

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jun 2012, 11:33

1 - Best Driver - Lewis
2 - Best Team - Redbull; two cars, top 6 and one couldve won.
3 - Best Overtake - None really. DRS made things too too easy for alot of overtakes.
4 - Best Moment - The start
5 - Worst Driver - Button unfortuntaly.
6 - Worst Team - HRT
7 - Best Rookie - Isn't Grosjean the only rookie aside from Vergne?
8 - Biggest Surprise - No surprises really. Could say the podium, but then halfway through the race/3 quaters you knew it would happen.

9 - General Comment(s)
Great race up until after the 1st round of stops really. Afterwards you knew Lewis would win, Alonso was a duck and have to pit but didnt, Vettel did and got infront. All the excitement went when RB/Ferrari got it wrong.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 11 Jun 2012, 11:35

1 - Best Driver- Lewis Hamilton
2 - Best Team- Lotus
3 - Best Overtake- Hamilton sweeping by Alonso/Vettel
4 - Best Moment- Grosjean/Perez taking on Alonso/Vettel
5 - Worst Driver-Massa
6 - Worst Team- Force India after showing lots of promise in all the practice sessions.
7 - Best Rookie- Charles Pic.
8 - Biggest Surprise- Alonso giong backwards, another retirement for schumi with an unreliable car. Button struggling again.

9 - General Comment(s): An exciting race due to which I was glued to my Sofa.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 11 Jun 2012, 11:51

1 - Best Driver: Grosjean, excellent tyre management and a surprise P2. Hamilton very good and Perez as well.
2 - Best Team: No one had two drivers finish really strongly, I guess McLaren for winning the race with Hamilton.
3 - Best Overtake: Massa on Rosberg because it was with no DRS! Perez on Rosberg (see a pattern? :p) for good opportunism and close racing.
4 - Best Moment: Last 10 laps. You could see Hamilton's win coming, but behind that it was pretty exciting.
5 - Worst Driver: Button
6 - Worst Team: HRT. Dishonourable mention Mercedes mechanics who let Schumacher leave his stop with DRS stuck open. Dangerous.
7 - Best Rookie: Grosjean
8 - Biggest Surprise: Grosjean and Perez on podium

9 - General Comment(s)

Only gave this race a 6. It became obvious pretty soon after his final stop Hamilton would win, it wasn't a thrilling battle for victory. Hamilton would have won without DRS, but DRS robbed us of any prospect of a fight. Exciting stuff was behind.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Jun 2012, 14:45

1 - Best Driver - Lewis Hamilton :)
2 - Best Team - McLaren? Lotus? Sauber?
3 - Best Overtake - Perez vs. Rosberg
4 - Best Moment - "OK Lewis, we need everything you've got now!"
5 - Worst Driver - Senna/Button
6 - Worst Team - Williams, where's the pace from Spain???
7 - Best Rookie - Pic
8 - Biggest Surprise - Hamilton's pace, really expected a Monaco-pace from McLaren again!

9 - General Comment(s) Exciting race! Different strategies, fights for the win and for nearly every other position! 9/10
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 11 Jun 2012, 15:16

1 - Best Driver
L.Hamilton and S.Perez

2 - Best Team
Sauber and McLaren

3 - Best Overtake
Massa on Rosberg without DRS

4 - Best Moment
Lewis last stint

5 - Worst Driver
B.Senna/J.Button/F.Massa

6 - Worst Team
Ferrari

7 - Best Rookie
C.Pic

8 - Biggest Surprise
Perez 3rd place

Green Flag
Donator
Donator

Post by Green Flag » 12 Jun 2012, 06:30

1 - Best Driver
The top three

2 - Best Team
Lotus was good overall

3 - Best Overtake
The Rosberg-Massa-Perez thing on the start-finish straight

4 - Best Moment
See above

5 - Worst Driver
Button. It is a bit silly that a guy that was fighting for wins a while ago can become a backmarker just like that :(

6 - Worst Team
HRT

7 - Best Rookie
Grosjean

8 - Biggest Surprise
The podium (except for Lewis)

9 - General Comment(s)
The DRS zone is still too long. And why can't the zone be at the beginning of the straight so that people would use the DRS system only to get into somebody's slipstream and then race "normally" from there. It might make defending a bit easier. At least for me the end of the race was a complete anticlimax. It was obvious that anyone catching Alonso would also get past immediately.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 12 Jun 2012, 09:10

1 - Best Driver: really not know. Hamilton, cause he won and had a good weekend. He was able to overtake Vettel on first stop, but maybe he can not keep this position with Alonso if he had gone to the same strategy. Grosjean and Perez, cause he get a podium, and can manage a only one pit stop strategy. Vettel was on pole, but he didn't have a great weekend, and he was unable to get a pace with hamilton. Alonso, was fast all weekend, and was able to get on first position after first pit stop, but they take a lot of risk with one stop strategy, and they fail. So really I have not a one best driver.

2 - Best Team, ferrari nice weekend, but they fail in strategy with Alonso and Massa fail himself. McLaren, fine with Hamilton, bad with Button. Again I have not "best team"

3 - Best Overtake, Perez to Massa and Rosberg, in two laps
4 - Best Moment, Alonso vs Vettel vs Hamilton strategy
5 - Worst Driver, Massa
6 - Worst Team, As best, I have not a "worst". RBR had not a good weekend, but they get Vettel get more points that Alonso.
7 - Best Rookie
8 - Biggest Surprise
9 - General Comment(s)
HRT, faster than Marussia, but they had a lot of problems with brakes since friday. DLR got a nice qualy on Monaco, and a great qualy here on canada.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 12 Jun 2012, 17:41

1 - Best Driver
Perez, with honourable mentions to Hamilton and Grosjean
2 - Best Team
Sauber
3 - Best Overtake
Perez on Rosberg
4 - Best Moment
Last 15 laps
5 - Worst Driver
Button, with dishonourable mentions to Massa and Senna
6 - Worst Team
HRT
7 - Best Rookie
Pic
8 - Biggest Surprise
Grosjean and Perez getting themselves onto the podium

9 - General Comment(s)
Canada proves to be well worth staying up until 6am yet again
8/10

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 13 Jun 2012, 22:18

1 - Best Driver:Unquestionably Lewis Hamilton. The team had a strategy but Lewis made it work. A very close second has to be Grosjean. Second place on a one stop strategy! Very impressive.
2 - Best Team: Lotus and Sauber. Lotus took 2nd and 8th and Sauber took 3rd and 9th. These were middle placed teams at the beginning of the year.
3 - Best Overtake: Vettel on Alonso without DRS.
4 - Best Moment(s): Hamilton working his way to first after his last pit stop.
5 - Worst Driver: Raikonen. WHere is the talent? At least Schumacher gives the appearance of wanting to win.
6 - Worst Team: Red Bull. Their tire strategy was ridiculous. If Vettel had pitted at or around the same time as Hamilton we might have seen a race for first.
7 - Best Rookie: Grosjean. Two podiums, 6th. 4th, 3rd and 2nd in 7 races.
8 - Biggest Surprise(s): Red Bull's moronic strategy, Schumacher breaking his car again. Perez and Grosjean showing up their "mentors" again, Vettel's fastest last lap.

9 - General Comment(s): Another exciting race. I truly wish the "not interesting", "no excitement" comments would stop. You can't have excitement for 70 laps. Fuel has to dissipate, tires need to be settled in, both fuel and tires need to be conserved for some of the race. There can't be overtaking all time. DRS was near perfect this race. No one was abused by it, no one got great advantage from it. I agree that some of the cars and some of the drivers were a disappointment. This is true every race. My big disappointment was not realizing I could have watched the race live on Fox here in the states. As it was I waited 3 hrs until it was posted to a newsgroup. I did get to watch it twice so far.

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by naiego » 18 Jun 2012, 17:52

1 - Best Driver

Hamilton, good race pace, a very good last stint, he was able to overtake Alonso on equal terms after the first pit stops. A moral boost for him.

2 - Best Team

It has to be McLaren, this time they got it right..at least for Hamilton.

3 - Best Overtake

Perez on Rosberg.

4 - Best Moment

The closing stages of the race.

5 - Worst Driver

Button, can't get his car working with the tyres the last races.

6 - Worst Team

Williams.

7 - Best Rookie

None

8 - Biggest Surprise

Grosjean's Pirellis. He had a good race pace on his primes even after 50 laps with them.

9 - General Comment(s)

A race worth watching.