9 - General Comment(s)
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rate the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by donald29 » 25 Mar 2012, 12:46

1 - Best Driver

Perez, Alonso, Senna. As I said elsewhere, easy to overlook Senna. Was 23rd behind the safety car but finished 6th.

2 - Best Team

Tricky one... Force India were the only team to get both their cars in the points.

3 - Best Overtake

I remember Ricciardo doing a couple of nice moves round the outside at one point.

4 - Best Moment

Perez hunting down Alonso, right up until he went off. Karthikeyan being 10th was also a good moment. :p

5 - Worst Driver

Button

6 - Worst Team

Mercedes

7 - Best Rookie

Vergne

8 - Biggest Surprise

Perez. Once he got into that position, he stayed there with genuinely competitive pace.

9 - General Comment(s)

At the end I felt as though if Perez had finished 10 seconds behind Alonso and never looked like challenging him the result would have felt better, a bit more special. As it was it was an awesome result, great drive, but I couldn't help but feel the shine was taken off a little as it could have been a win.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Mar 2012, 12:52

1 - Best Driver
There were three outstanding drivers today. Fernando Alonso for dragging that heap of c**p to the top step of the podium; Sergio Perez for being unbelievable and Bruno Senna for coming from being punted off by his team mate to finishing 6th

2 - Best Team
Well, I'm going to have to give it to Force India. Why? Ferrari had one car way down, Sauber lost Checo the victory by keeping him out too long. Force India got both drivers in the top 10

3 - Best Overtake
Can't remember any massively memorable. One of Ricciardo's on the outside of T6

4 - Best Moment
When I thought Checo would win

5 - Worst Driver
Lots of numnuts out there today. Button, Vettel, Massa, Rosberg, Big John. Massa for just being slow, Button for a silly accident and Vettel for throwing 12 points away

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes. Oh dear

7 - Best Rookie
Jay Eee Vee, great drive

8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso winning, Perez 2nd

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 25 Mar 2012, 12:55

1 - Best Driver
Perez

2 - Best Team
-

3 - Best Overtake
Ricciardo on Senna (I think it was)

4 - Best Moment(s)
Perez closing in on Alonso

5 - Worst Driver
-

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes

7 - Best Rookie
Vergne

8 - Biggest Surprise(s)
Alonso and Perez at the front with Perez being the faster of the two. Hamilton not being able to catch the aforementioned two. Button being incautious.

9 - General Comment(s)
That early red flag took a lot of enjoyment out of the afternoon for me and with the top drivers behind Alonso/Perez not progressing, the race almost seemed static in some stages. But the Perez catch-up definitely made up for that. Great race. 8/10

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 25 Mar 2012, 13:12

1 - Best Driver Alonso and Perez were amazing today; nice drive by Webber and Senna :thumbsup:
2 - Best Team FIFI
3 - Best Overtake Vergne on Massa
4 - Best Moment "Safety car in this lap."
5 - Worst Driver Button
6 - Worst Team Mercedes
7 - Best Rookie Vergne
8 - Biggest Surprise Alonso winning and Perez close behind.

9 - General Comment(s) An amazing race, enjoyed every second 10/10 :drool:

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 25 Mar 2012, 13:22

Best Driver: Alonso, Pérez, and I think Petrov deserves to be mentioned as well
Best Team: Sauber
Best Overtake: -
Best Moment: When the race restarted after the red flag... :)
Worst Driver: Grosjean - sorry, he's just...
Worst Team: HRT
Best Rookie: I believe Vergne had some nice moments.
Biggest Surprise: Alonso's 1st and Checo's 2nd place, Button and Vettel getting zero points...

General Comment(s) It was an interesting race from start to end. :)
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 25 Mar 2012, 13:24

1 - Best Driver: Perez and Alonso, both of them had an unexpectedly briliiant race and hats off to Senna
2 - Best Team: tough to answer... this race was a really strange one and it's hard to judge teams based on their race performance
3 - Best Overtake:Button on Massa
4 - Best Moment:Perez setting fastest lap after fastest lap
5 - Worst Driver:both HRT drivers
6 - Worst Team:HRT
7 - Best Rookie:Vergne
8 - Biggest Surprise:wonderful performance of Perez, he could have won this race if it was not the conservatism of the Sauber team

9 - General Comment(s):A very exciting race, unlucky Maldonado who retired again on the final laps and lost another valuable point, Seems like grosjean cannot manage the pressure of the race, Caterham's pace is really disappointing, and I don't know what is really wrong with Mercedes, they have everything that they need for a win but after 2 races they just have 1 point...
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 25 Mar 2012, 13:37

majidasadi wrote:Caterham's pace is really disappointing...
I personally thought that they were not that bad considering... Petrov was only a couple seconds slower than Massa (even thought this doesn't say too much these days)...
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 25 Mar 2012, 13:51

Treacle wrote:
majidasadi wrote:Caterham's pace is really disappointing...
I personally thought that they were not that bad considering... Petrov was only a couple seconds slower than Massa (even thought this doesn't say too much these days)...
at the end of last season Tony Fernandes was saying that they have special plans for 2012 and the team is going to fight for points (their pace at the end of last season was admirable) personally I was thinking that they can be part of the midfield this year... I don't know, may be it's too soon to judge them
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 25 Mar 2012, 14:28

1 - Best Driver- Perez/Senna
2 - Best Team- Sauber
3 - Best Overtake- It was a day of overtakes. Can't recollect
4 - Best Moment- Perez cutting down Alonso's lead.
5 - Worst Driver- Romain Grosjean/
6 - Worst Team- HRT/Mercedes
7 - Best Rookie- Verne
8 - Biggest Surprise- Mercedes not calling in their drives when they were losing 2 seconds per lap. Pace of the saubers in this tricky conditions.

9 - General Comment(s)- Overall an exciting race. Rain played the spoil sport. Would have loved Kimi to show the true performance of the Lotus E20 & to see where Vettels gamble on the hard tires would have paid off. Also the Mercs were off their pace in the wets. I doubt a dry race would have solved their graining issues any better.

Bring On China

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 25 Mar 2012, 14:35

1 - Best Driver

2 - Best Team
3 - Best Overtake
4 - Best Moment
5 - Worst Driver
6 - Worst Team
7 - Best Rookie
8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment(s)

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 25 Mar 2012, 14:49

1 - Best Driver
PEREZ!! of course! No one else better than him in this race.. Even Alonso was not as fast as Perez...

2 - Best Team
Sauber it is....

3 - Best Overtake
Kimi on Rosberg I think.. but it was straightforward that Rosberg is going to fall behind..

4 - Best Moment
Perez fighting Alonso in DRS zone! WOW I thought that he will catch Alonso on next lap, but pity he ran wide..

5 - Worst Driver
Aww.. almost probably Massa? Okay not him.. then it's Rosberg... I don't know if it's the car, but he seems just very far from the pace.. like having no convidence at all.

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes... Come on.... after so many innovative ideas, there still no result until now? Well Mclaren was disastrous anyway, they pitted in wrong time, wrong moment, slowly pitting, what was that?? Just doesn't seems correct at all...

7 - Best Rookie
Actually I'd like to say Maldonado again, but seems he isn't rookie anymore, then it is JEV.

8 - Biggest Surprise
Sauber & Ferrari Race Pace!!! My god, those two cars seems always very strong in race pace... Meanwhile Mclaren, RBR, and Lotus are in the same boat of race pace. Mercedes was just terrible in race pace. But Ferrari car I think, is a contender of champions (aside from Massa performance with no points until now) considering their race pace. It should never be underestimated...

9 - General Comment(s)
Well, like a dice it is... when some rain pour in then it will jumble up the grid. Many actions, but the Mclaren seems very wrong with their moments and strategy. Their pace was not fast enough, just coping with RBR won't be good enough. They need to find the pace of Ferrari and Sauber which already show their supremacy both in Australia and Malaysia.

I would say it was a great race for Alonso, but it was something that really is out of reach... But for Sergio, IT IS WOW EFFECT!! It really is miraculous and beyond expectations.. For Hamilton, he keep the pace quite steady, keeping the tyre as well as he can, but it doesn't give the speed though...

For me I think Hammy is still a fast driver, around 0.3-0.5s faster than Button, but it will cost more tyre than his teammate, and so.. he is now learning to a little bit slower, more like Button style which is slowing his pace around 0.2-0.4s and so his pace now in long term is similar to Jenson, just 0-0.15s apart. Meanwhile Jenson is on the contrary playing catch up and learning to be as fast as Hamilton, taking as much advantage as he can to learn gaining some sector time... So it's quite funny on what happened in Mclaren there...

Green Flag
Donator
Donator

Post by Green Flag » 25 Mar 2012, 15:41

1 - Best Driver
Alonso

2 - Best Team
FI

3 - Best Overtake
Remember Ricciardo doing a good one (don't remember who the other guy was)

4 - Best Moment
When I thought there was going to be a fight for victory in the final laps

5 - Worst Driver
Grosjean, a collision and a spin in what - three laps?

6 - Worst Team
Don't know

7 - Best Rookie
Vergene

8 - Biggest Surprise
The first two drivers

sportingcp
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by sportingcp » 25 Mar 2012, 15:46

1 - Best Driver
Alonso and Perez were just superb. Senna also deserves a mention what a great drive.

2 - Best Team
I would say Ferrari but their second driver was P15... So maybe team Alonso? :roll:: :p. Well I will have to say Sauber.

3 - Best Overtake
Can´t choose one there were a lot of overtakes I remember some made by Ricciardo for example but it´s difficult to choose one.

4 - Best Moment
"Safety car in this lap", Restart of the race. Alonso dominating the race.

5 - Worst Driver
Can we consider Karthikeyan and Massa to be F1 drivers? Well, but Rosberg and Grosjean have been really poor, the first because of his lack of speed and he needs to take more risks or he will never get away from the midfield, Grosjean for abandoning the race in the first lap again (this time his fault). But seriously I have to say Felipe was the worst. Alonso P1, Massa P15. Worse driver of all the teams except the "3rd division" ones (2nd time in a row).
The only driver Caterham have managed to be in front of at least for a bit. In 40 laps Alonso opened a gap of more than 90 seconds, almost lapped by Fernando and Perez!(what would happen if he didn´t had his new chassis he was so happy about in qualifying). Any doubts? Button also made a dumb mistake, but he wasn´t the worst.

6 - Worst Team
HRT and Mercedes. HRT for obvious reasons. Mercedes what a big disappointment today they really have to improve the race pace, is this only because of the tyres? Can they start being competitive after solving the tyres issue. When will that happen? If someone said from what i saw in the pre-season and Australia practices that at the end of ther 2nd race Mercedes would have 1 point, when the Ferrari, who is struggling, and only have one driver has 35 points I wouldn´t believe

7 - Best Rookie
Today it was Jean Eric Vergne.

8 - Biggest Surprise
There were a lot. Karthikeyan being P10 for a moment, Perez, Force India being the only team having two drivers scoring, Mercedes lack of pace, and Bruno Senna perfomance in wet.

9 - General Comment(s)
I think i´ve said everything. I will give this race a 9/10.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 25 Mar 2012, 15:48

1 - Best Driver-Sergio Pérez
2 - Best Team-Force India
3 - Best Overtake-Button on Massa
4 - Best Moment-Pérez .5s behind Alonso.
5 - Worst Driver-Romain Grosjean
6 - Worst Team-HRT, Mercedes
7 - Best Rookie-Jean Eric Vergne (and I'm not sure if we can still call him a rookie, but Senna gave us a fantastic performance as well)
8 - Biggest Surprise-Pérez finishing second/Alonso winning.

9 - General Comment(s)
I never look foward to the Malaysian Grand Prix as I quite think the circuit is boring. I got quite a shock today!
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60