Other
5%

Total votes: 66

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2012 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

Post by Mar » 25 Mar 2012, 14:12

phil1993 wrote:Mar, I think you are confused. I believe they told Romain to stay out because Kimi would be pitting...
Grosjean spun(span?) during his 3rd lap and Kimi pitted after finishing lap 4. If Grosjean was on track with interns when he made the mistake, the reason was not the team taking care of Räikkönen's tyres or being told that the team was going to take care of Räikkönen first. Kimi went to the pits about 3 minutes after Grosjean had binned it.
It doesn't make sense. It sounds like a silly excuse to me.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 25 Mar 2012, 14:31

iceman1 wrote:Karthikeyan has been handed a 20-second post-race penalty.
He deserved it.

Green Flag
Donator
Donator

Post by Green Flag » 25 Mar 2012, 14:40

Mar wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Mar, I think you are confused. I believe they told Romain to stay out because Kimi would be pitting...
Grosjean spun(span?) during his 3rd lap and Kimi pitted after finishing lap 4. If Grosjean was on track with interns when he made the mistake, the reason was not the team taking care of Räikkönen's tyres or being told that the team was going to take care of Räikkönen first. Kimi went to the pits about 3 minutes after Grosjean had binned it.
It doesn't make sense. It sounds like a silly excuse to me.
Yeah, if I remember correctly the Sky commentators said Lotus preparing to pit one of their cars, then (after Räikkönen had started a new lap) they said it must be Grosjean, and only after that seeing Romain in the gravel. I'd have to see the race again to be sure, but that is what I remember.

sportingcp
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by sportingcp » 25 Mar 2012, 15:21

I can´t find words to describe how amazing it was the perfomance from Alonso and Perez just wow. I think there is a lot to say about this race I will try to resume it. What is happening with Mercedes? It´s really weird their pace at race is so disappointing I know they were better in qualifying but they almost failed to score points very bad. Again McLaren and Red Bull seem pretty close to each other.

Karthikeyan ruined Vettel race (in my opinion it was Narain´s fault). Good race for Kimi again and the fastest lap. What a recuperation from Senna! Very good race for Vergne and great overtakes of Daniel Ricciardo.

And Massa continues his quest to be the worst driver ever in a top team and keep beating records in comparision with a teammate. He is not happy to keep being faster than the Caterhams so in this race we could see that even "Petrov is almost faster than you".

Alonso and Perez were superb I mean if i had to give a punctuation to them I would say Alonso 10/10, Pérez 9.9/10 (only because of that slighty mistake).
Last edited by sportingcp on 25 Mar 2012, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 25 Mar 2012, 15:21

Ferrari is not in crisis, but it is Mercedes in crisis... They're in a big trouble, and I don't think they can quite solve it yet, until back to Europe I guess. Mclaren RBR and Lotus has the same pace in race, meanwhile Ferrari and Sauber has shown huge performance in Australia and Malaysia. They really show the pace in race, but not good in qualifying.

It's quite funny to see Hamilton consistently in podiums though, he usually becoming a winner, or in the middle of nowhere (I mean DNF), podiums for him is quite often, but not for being mr consistency. It's what he emphasizes in interview (australia and Malaysia), he is aftering consistency like 2007. Well let's see.. I think it would give a very good result it is... Hope it's enough for him to grab the WDC like Raikkonen in 2007. But with this time of points regulations, I think he need to deliver at least maybe around 40-50% of the 20GP, so it's about 5-6 wins, if not, he is just wasting time, and nobody will remember Hamilton anymore.

he seems like losing pace, losing the spirit, keep cool, stay out of trouble, damage limitation, avoid any risk play safe, just being consistent. It's a new Hamilton for me... very very new...

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 25 Mar 2012, 15:28

Vettel going up 1 grid in Australia because he is 'lucky' enough to get advantage on safety car. And now losing the points in Malaysia because he is 'unlucky' being punctured by Karthikeyan :-D

It's a balancing moment isn't it hehehe.. Not a big fan of Vettel though.. I don't think he could catch up the Mclaren though... But this year, will be a very interesting season just like in 2010.

KevC

Post by KevC » 25 Mar 2012, 15:46

f1freak wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Karthikeyan has been handed a 20-second post-race penalty.
He deserved it.
For what?
Button ran in to him for the first collision and on the second he said he was already out on the white line to let Vettel through and spun up a wheel as he tried to at least get back on to the track a bit.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Mar 2012, 16:01

:cool:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Mar 2012, 16:16

Eric_Cartman wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Where was Narain meant to go? On the grass? Because that was the only option...

at 0:51 you can clearly see that Karthikeyan was moving to the right and there was plenty of room at the left. I would say it was at least 50 percent Karthikeyan's fault.

It almost looks like Narain hit Vettel on purpose.
still not justified.

Adam
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Adam » 25 Mar 2012, 16:42

I'm loving the win even more now taking into account Costa's bitting words from few hours ago. Karma is a b***.

About Vettel, well, we are getting confirmation again of what many said about him and that many didn't want to believe "because Vettel won with a Toro Rosso once". And his words after the race were a disgrace.

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 25 Mar 2012, 17:06

Adam wrote: About Vettel, well, we are getting confirmation again of what many said about him and that many didn't want to believe "because Vettel won with a Toro Rosso once". And his words after the race were a disgrace.
What did many say about Vettel?
And Karthikeyan's driving was a disgrace. He has not the necessary qualitiy for F1 and I can understand Vettel's frustration. HRT is racing for nothing. They are only an unneeded danger when the leaders have to lap them. Apart from that, they do nothing for the show and there is no sign of improvement.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 25 Mar 2012, 17:16

Vorull wrote:
reppo wrote: In 2010 he was fastest in both practices in Monaco and then smashed the car. He had to start from the pit lane and even so he finished in P6 and Massa got P4. Vettel won and got 25 points while Alonso only 8.
Webber won that race and Vettel was second.
Oh right &doh My memory is not the same it used to be Image Maybe too much WRC ''hmm''

What a race. Sepang is never boring, but I hope Bernie never gets an idea to put a rain switch to tracks, so that he can cause artificial rain when ever he wants :zz:

Congratulations to Alonso and Perez, though Fernando didn't look so happy on the podium. Sergio looked like he had eaten a coat hanger :)
Well done Kimi :) With KERS built like from spare parts of Trabant and no experience of Pirelli's rain tyres at all he manages to get P5. Romain is fast but needs driving school at the moment. He's young he'll learn. Button screwed up and admits it. Who cares about W/F/what ever duct in Mercedes, when they have anyway mounted it backwards and it remains me a sentence I saw long time ago: "The day any Microsoft product doesn't suck, is the day Microsoft starts manufacturing vacuum cleaners". Not true of course, but Mercedes has problems of their own. HELLO ROSS, NICO NEEDS A WIN! Vettel needs to cool down even if Karthikeyan changed the line too soon when Sebastian had almost passed him. Ferrari needs F2012-2 regardless of the win in Sepang, and Sauber keeps doing miracles with a budget of £1.55 :)

Adam
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Adam » 25 Mar 2012, 17:20

Edi96 wrote:
Adam wrote: About Vettel, well, we are getting confirmation again of what many said about him and that many didn't want to believe "because Vettel won with a Toro Rosso once". And his words after the race were a disgrace.
What did many say about Vettel?

And Karthikeyan's driving was a disgrace. He has not the necessary qualitiy for F1 and I can understand Vettel's frustration. HRT is racing for nothing. They are only an unneeded danger when the leaders have to lap them. Apart from that, they do nothing for the show and there is no sign of improvement.
Karthikeyan's driving was a disgrace? Let me see... To start with Button himself admitted the crash was his fault, and regarding the one with Vettel it was unavoidable as the guy suffered from wheelspin and Vettel unfortunately was there to take the hit. I think it was just a racing incident.

About Vettel, well, many said he was kind and nice and the fastest ever but today again he showed he needs a really competitive car to shine and that he clearly has no class by calling Karthikeyan "cucumber". He did nice during the Toro Rosso era but he really wasn't getting any pressure (unlike now).

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Mar 2012, 17:56

Not a happy German

Turns out @alo_oficial's car lost telemetry in race - so he had to read fuel levels to team, manage Kers etc. even more impressive

sportingcp
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by sportingcp » 25 Mar 2012, 18:21

I think Ferrari should replace Massa for the Safety Car driver. He showed a lot of skill by mantaining the car in the track even in the worst conditions and his pace was not bad, I think even him could do a better job. Give him a shot. :)