Other
3%

Total votes: 35

KevC

Re: British Grand Prix 2011

Post by KevC » 09 Jul 2011, 20:38

Back from Day 2

Nicer day all round if a little chilly.

I got there about 8.30 again and went to buy a cap. Got myself a nice Lotus one and made my way to the Club stand I'll be in on race day. As it was pretty empty I chose a nice seat with a good view up the grid and showing the apexes on the last chicane.

Free Practice 3 was at 10am and the stand was full to bursting by 9.15!

After FP3 was followed by qually for the Porsche Cup. They're a bit easier to photograph cos they're going a little bit slower :D

Then it was the star turn of the day, F1 Qualifying.

Due to the rain interrupting the final session that ended as a bit of a damp squib ('scuse the pun) but never mind. Should be a great race with the top 10 mixed up a little.

Then I stayed and watched the GP2 race which was great. Just before they were due to roll out to the grid the heavens opened and it tipped it down. Cue a great wet/dry race with a battle for the lead and a gaggle of about 5 cars all swapping places on every lap.

Great end to the day.

Piccies!

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 10 Jul 2011, 01:20

mikhailv wrote: The championship is still decided already, so why not let redbull drivers lose their advantage, and see how good a driver Vettel is, with constant pressure. not just one lap of pressure and caving in like a little b*** to lewis and Jenson (both deserving winners of China/Canada)
Don't be silly. I know that you will not accept that Vettel is winning his second championship this year. But didn't he show good performances in 2007/2008 with 20/21 years in a bad toro rosso? In 2006 when he started with 19 years as a test driver at BMW he set the pace on friday straight away. You can't do that with no talent... I think he is the best qualifier out there, even better than Alonso and Hamilton and he is surely one of the best three rain drivers :p
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

gokul009
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by gokul009 » 10 Jul 2011, 07:18

iceman1 wrote:Red Bull will recover their half second advantage in Germany.
adamcooperf1 Adam Cooper
#F1 The FIA now says it is in effect prepared to abandon the exhaust clampdown from the next race - if all the teams agree
If all the teams agree..... will Ferrari (maybe Williams) do??

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 10 Jul 2011, 07:39

mikhailv wrote: The championship is still decided already, so why not let redbull drivers lose their advantage, and see how good a driver Vettel is, with constant pressure. not just one lap of pressure and caving in like a little b*** to lewis and Jenson (both deserving winners of China/Canada)
Sebastian definitely has had the best car for the past two years, and there's no denying that. But the thing is, once you are leading the pack, you just grow with confidence and belief, regardless of what the circumstances are, and this is what's happening to Vettel. He may have not been a top driver before 2010, but with his time in Red Bull in the last 2 seasons, while everyone was focusing on the Red bull car, Sebastian was improving dramatically, until he's reached the level he's at now, which is on par with Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso.

Sebastian is a great driver... yes... SEBASTIAN VETTEL IS A GREAT DRIVER... can you confirm you understood the message? I am a fan of Ferrari and Fernando, but I find it strange and downright outrageous that some people are so narrow minded that they cannot admit that Seb is a good driver, and I laugh at those who find Seb's 'Number 1' finger offensive! He probably is the best driver in setting a hot lap at qualy right now, and his personality is extremely lovable and friendly, which is a rarity in F1 these days.

Get over yourself, stop worshiping your idols, and just enjoy the sport.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 10 Jul 2011, 09:16

Superb GP2 Sprint race for Romain Grosjean: overtook three cars fair and square, including his two closest championship rivals, on his way to victory. After charging up from 13th to 4th yesterday, he's now got quite a handy lead in the standings. And with Bianchi's victory yesterday, it was a great weekend for the French F1 hopefuls. :)

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 10 Jul 2011, 09:41

Good Afternoon every one..........Waiting for the race day to start
Desire has no limits

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by harrisv48 » 10 Jul 2011, 10:07

Porsche cup now
http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/38960/1/pors ... ercup.html

...and I think we see dry race :(

kimirai
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimirai » 10 Jul 2011, 10:59

tderias wrote:
Sebastian definitely has had the best car for the past two years, and there's no denying that. But the thing is, once you are leading the pack, you just grow with confidence and belief, regardless of what the circumstances are, and this is what's happening to Vettel. He may have not been a top driver before 2010, but with his time in Red Bull in the last 2 seasons, while everyone was focusing on the Red bull car, Sebastian was improving dramatically, until he's reached the level he's at now, which is on par with Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso.

Sebastian is a great driver... yes... SEBASTIAN VETTEL IS A GREAT DRIVER... can you confirm you understood the message? I am a fan of Ferrari and Fernando, but I find it strange and downright outrageous that some people are so narrow minded that they cannot admit that Seb is a good driver, and I laugh at those who find Seb's 'Number 1' finger offensive! He probably is the best driver in setting a hot lap at qualy right now, and his personality is extremely lovable and friendly, which is a rarity in F1 these days.

Get over yourself, stop worshiping your idols, and just enjoy the sport.
Yeah Vettel is one of the best out there no doubt! :) I'm just waiting for the race where his car is not fastest and he is not leading the race from the first lap onwards. I hope he can prove me wrong but I doubt he could get everything out of the car like Alonso can or even Hamilton. The times will come when Vettel will not have the best car on the grid and then we will see what he is really capable of (I still think that he is one of the best but also think that if Hamilton or Alonso are in RB they would beat him --> just my opinion)

On the other subject. Is it just me or Vettel lost some dominance compared to Webber in Q with these new rules? I think the engine mapping or whatever they called it really suited him and that is why I think he was so dominant in Q.
I hoping for good race today and excpecting Hamilton to overtake some guys in front of him. let's hope hope without accidents

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 Jul 2011, 11:17

It's raining at the moment.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 10 Jul 2011, 11:20

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jul 2011, 11:24

@MarussiaVirgin: First drops of rain falling in the paddock, hope it holds off until the start of the race. Sorry for those in the uncovered stands but...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jul 2011, 11:31

Oh lots of water on the track..

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 10 Jul 2011, 11:35

I wouldn't rule out a safety car start.