Bahrain political instability

2011 Formula One Season.
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Bahrain Grand Prix 2011

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 13:28

Bobdredds wrote:I can understand your points but it isn't quite as simple as that in my view. There is a clear message coming from inside Bahrain that people dont want the race and widespread protests are planned in every city in the country if it goes ahead.

"NABEEL RAJAB - BAHRAIN CENTRE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS PRESIDENT

"It's a very sad moment. It seems that their [Formula 1 organisers] benefit and their interest has more importance than the human rights of people in this part of the region.

"It's very upsetting, and the people are very upset.

"Already they have called the day of that racing 'a day of rage', where they're going to come out everywhere, in every city of Bahrain, to show anger to what the Bahrain government, the Bahrain regime, is doing towards their own people."

While it makes no difference to some and there is an argument that F1 could be used to mend bridges, in my view it is too soon and shows a lack of respect to the victims and their families who wont have enough time to grieve for their loss. Personally I wouldn't be comfortable watching it. I can't remember the last time I missed a race but I enjoy all of them anyway. However there are more important things in life than an F1 race.
Theywill never have time to greive for their loss because you grieve for close love ones every day of your life.

But then, what has that got to do with Formula 1? They go to a track, race cars around, and go to the next track. Formula 1 has a contract there and it should be honoured. I just dont understand why Formula 1 should take a moral stance. Shouldnt it then take a Moral Stance against China and their long history of opression and murdering its own civillians who oppose? Should we not goto korea? Should we not go Brasil because of the fact that, Drivers and team members were mugged at gunpoint?

You cant make rules for one, rules for another. A countries business has nothing to do with F1. If people want to go to the grand prix, they will. And Im willing to bet you that the grandstands will be packed with these so called protesters because in the end, it brings alot of revenue to Bahrain and to be quite frank, it aint our business. We watch the sport, the sport goes to bahrain, and we watch it.

If people want to boycott it then I suggest you Boycott China and korea for similar reasons of opression, India for their disgraceful treatment of the people in slums and Brazil for its high crime rate and the fact that its people held team members and drivers at gunpoint.

but none of the hypocrits will do. Just like they will watch the bahrain race. Fact is, every country has dirty secrets, and has issues we dont agree morally with. Its not Formula 1's fault, it isnt their place either to take the moral high ground.

So actually Id like to ask everyone this; Why dont you agree with the Bahrain GP?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Jun 2011, 13:39

30% of the workers at BIC were arrested, threatened with rape & torture.
Medical workers from the circuit when GP2 Asia was on were required in the city and were shot at by government troops.
The direct violence is still ongoing and safety cannot be guaranteed

So yes, lets go to Bahrain and enjoy a grand prix, because who gives the slightest s*** about people being unlawfully killed?

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 13:48

phil1993 wrote:30% of the workers at BIC were arrested, threatened with rape & torture.
Medical workers from the circuit when GP2 Asia was on were required in the city and were shot at by government troops.
The direct violence is still ongoing and safety cannot be guaranteed

So yes, lets go to Bahrain and enjoy a grand prix, because who gives the slightest s*** about people being unlawfully killed?
Ok. So, your happy to go to china then, with the same brutality, if not WORSE brutality than that experienced in Bahrain?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Jun 2011, 14:01

Yes, because China isn't currently a war-zone.

China is a civilised country. You could come up with reasons not to go to most countries if you talk about dodgy politics. But they're not openly killing their people.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 14:19

phil1993 wrote:Yes, because China isn't currently a war-zone.

China is a civilised country. You could come up with reasons not to go to most countries if you talk about dodgy politics. But they're not openly killing their people.
are you joking? China have openly killed civillians for YEARS. This is what I mean about hypocrits. China has been doing what Bahrain has done for years. Just because the people are living in fear and will no longer rebel, unlike Bahrain doesnt mean its any different! Just because its behind closed doors doesnt make it any different.

If we shouldnt be in bahrain, we shouldnt be in China, Korea or Brazil or india.

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 04 Jun 2011, 14:39

I don't often post on here, but I think with some of the idiotic posts I feel the need too.

China is a very corrupt country, with lots of people who turn against the government would probably not been seen again. However, answer yourself this question, your going on holiday tomorrow, you get one ticket to Bahrain and one to China? You go to China.. why? You will be fine. 2008, The Olympics were held there, many call it the best Olympics to date. China is not a country at war, China is not a country with tanks driving around the capital Bejing all day, killing their own people. China isn't perfect, it's ridiculous to say we cannot go to Shanghai however. Its like comparing the student riots in London a few months ago to the riots in Eygpt, it isn't a contest.

Shall we not go to India because people live in Poverty? Shall we not go to Korea because we so close to North Korea? Bahrain is a dangerous, dangerous country at the moment. Lets compare Shanghai to Bahrain at this present time..

Shall we cancel Silverstone then? England/Britain is a dangerous place at times, however, it won't affect Formula 1. Because countries are not perfect does not mean F1 can go there.

You say it doesn't matter if its behind close doors, yes it does.. Will it affect Formula 1 if its behind close doors? No. Will if affect Formula 1 if tanks are parading around the town a few miles away. Yes, it will.

China do not kill civilians, you are assuming they do now. If they did, the Olympics wouldn't of been awarded to them. Why shouldn't we be in Korea? You know Korea is a very rich country with very nice and peaceful people.. right? Stupid remark to make.

India? Because a lot of people live in poverty means we cannot visit the very rich capital Delhi? India will welcome the F1 race, and will love it.

Brazil is a dangerous place, what happened to Button wasn't on, but any Formula 1 fan will want Brazil on the Calender. We should not be in a war zone, Bahrain is a warzone. The country's you mention are not war zone. You are making stereotypical assumptions on these countries. Formula 1 visit the better places in the country. Shall we not go to America either? America is a very dangerous place with guns and crime, one of the worst in the world. But of course we should go because we know it will be okay, because we will be In Texas and the community will enjoy it.

You are not a proper F1 fan, a proper Formula 1 fan would want Brazil and China on the calender, regardless of the assumptions and idiotic views, you really need to go out there and visit countries such as Korea and China, before comparing it to a bloody war-zone. Your views make my blood boil. :<>: :<>:

I think if you were put in the middle of Bahrain at this present time, then put in the middle of Shanghai, you would soon change your stupid views. :roll::

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 14:58

Coopz wrote:I don't often post on here, but I think with some of the idiotic posts I feel the need too.

China is a very corrupt country, with lots of people who turn against the government would probably not been seen again. However, answer yourself this question, your going on holiday tomorrow, you get one ticket to Bahrain and one to China? You go to China.. why? You will be fine. 2008, The Olympics were held there, many call it the best Olympics to date. China is not a country at war, China is not a country with tanks driving around the capital Bejing all day, killing their own people. China isn't perfect, it's ridiculous to say we cannot go to Shanghai however. Its like comparing the student riots in London a few months ago to the riots in Eygpt, it isn't a contest.

Shall we not go to India because people live in Poverty? Shall we not go to Korea because we so close to North Korea? Bahrain is a dangerous, dangerous country at the moment. Lets compare Shanghai to Bahrain at this present time..

Shall we cancel Silverstone then? England/Britain is a dangerous place at times, however, it won't affect Formula 1. Because countries are not perfect does not mean F1 can go there.

You say it doesn't matter if its behind close doors, yes it does.. Will it affect Formula 1 if its behind close doors? No. Will if affect Formula 1 if tanks are parading around the town a few miles away. Yes, it will.

China do not kill civilians, you are assuming they do now. If they did, the Olympics wouldn't of been awarded to them. Why shouldn't we be in Korea? You know Korea is a very rich country with very nice and peaceful people.. right? Stupid remark to make.

India? Because a lot of people live in poverty means we cannot visit the very rich capital Delhi? India will welcome the F1 race, and will love it.

Brazil is a dangerous place, what happened to Button wasn't on, but any Formula 1 fan will want Brazil on the Calender. We should not be in a war zone, Bahrain is a warzone. The country's you mention are not war zone. You are making stereotypical assumptions on these countries. Formula 1 visit the better places in the country. Shall we not go to America either? America is a very dangerous place with guns and crime, one of the worst in the world. But of course we should go because we know it will be okay, because we will be In Texas and the community will enjoy it.

You are not a proper F1 fan, a proper Formula 1 fan would want Brazil and China on the calender, regardless of the assumptions and idiotic views, you really need to go out there and visit countries such as Korea and China, before comparing it to a bloody war-zone. Your views make my blood boil. :<>: :<>:

I think if you were put in the middle of Bahrain at this present time, then put in the middle of Shanghai, you would soon change your stupid views. :roll::
Thats aimed at me right? good.

I dont recall saying we shouldnt be in china, brazil, korea etc. I was saying to the people who feel we shouldnt go bahrain, then why do they feel we should be in those places.

Im in FAVOUR of bahrain. Im in FAVOUR of going to all the races we are at. What Im saying is, how can people slate bahrain when in honesty, the race is in october, not now. Things will change. If it DOES become a warzone, then dont go. But from whats been displayed to the media, there is no warzone. its been quashed. I dont agree with bahrain, I dont LIKE the bahrain governments OR its methods. I dont condone what its done But its nothing to do with formula 1, and we should go, do what formula 1 does, and move to the next country.

Bahrain is NONE of our business. When other countries poke its nose in, iraq, Afghanistan, Libiya, Iran and so forth, is what bloody happens. If its safe enough for personell to go, and to race, WE SHOULD GO REGARDLESS.

So if you ARE aiming your inflated post at me, then brilliant. Clearly havnt read half my posts correctly. And are you kidding? I mean really, the olympics wouldnt have been awarded to them?

They brush everything under the carpet and ensure the media doesnt focus on it. Remember the opening? The little girl who actually sung the song was deemed too 'UGLY' and put someone else out pretending to mime, while the ugly girl was singing behind the scenes.

not to mention China has THE MOST strictist portrayal of media in the WORLD. BBC are BANNED from China. Censorship, is to the EXTREME. Why would the white house STILL be slating china to this SECOND for their human rights? Exactly. They do.

BUT ITS NOT FORMULA 1'S BUSINESS, ITS NOT THEIR PLACE TO TAKE A MORAL STANCE. If people want to think of themselves as taking the moral highground, then let them do that. but if they go and watch china, korea etc, they are hypocrits.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Jun 2011, 15:03

mikhailv wrote: But from whats been displayed to the media, there is no warzone. its been quashed.
:lol:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Jun 2011, 15:22

mikhailv I totally agree with you. The Shia just want to destroy Bahrain under an Iranian agenda. I don't know from you guys get the news about hundreds of people are being Killed everyday, well it's not correct, I have friends there and it's quiet & safe.

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 04 Jun 2011, 15:37

Yes.
I was saying to the people who feel we shouldnt go bahrain, then why do they feel we should be in those places.

:lol: Korea is one of the best countries in Asia, you know? I don't even know why you bring Korea into this. China has improved a lot, tourists are fine in China, always. If someone dies out in China, Media jump on the bandwagon and make the worst out of it. The only people who would be threatened in China would be a drunken man running around breaking laws and preaching. As long as you stick to the laws, you'll be fine in China. Do F1 stick to the laws? Yes. The only way you'll find trouble in China is if your looking for it, in one of the toned down towns hidden away. Shanghai is fine. F1 are basically tourists for the weekend. I've been to China, your an absolutely idiot if you think you will get hurt out there. We're not talking about if the people of Bahrain are getting hurt, we're talking about if it's safe for the people of Formula to go there. Plus, the only people that llve in China that will get hurt is if they do wrong. China has improved x10 from what it was.

Im in FAVOUR of bahrain. Im in FAVOUR of going to all the races we are at. What Im saying is, how can people slate bahrain when in honesty, the race is in october, not now. Things will change

Are you sure about that? It's being going on long enough now, if the people don't get their wish. It won't change, it will get worse.
If it DOES become a warzone, then dont go. But from whats been displayed to the media, there is no warzone.

It is a warzone. People are being killed, tanks are driving around. If anything, the British Media and media around the world are not focusing on Bahrain, they are focusing on Libya and Syria. If people being killed and tanks driving around isn't a warzone. God knows what is. :lol:
Bahrain is NONE of our business.
Yes it is, Bahrain is a friend of the countries. A lot of Oil comes from Bahrain.
When other countries poke its nose in, iraq, Afghanistan, Libiya, Iran and so forth, is what bloody happens.
I'm not sure what your trying to say here.. but you really need a economics and geography lesson if I think what your saying is true. Britain/NATO and America have a right to ''stick their noses in'' Libya is the 9th largest oil reserves in the world, the only reason America has took a step back is because America get their Oil from different countries. European countries get a hell of a lot of Oil from Libya, oil prices have already been increased, we don't need that anymore. Afghanistan, what are you talking about? England did not stick their noses in, Al Qaeda were posing a thread to European and America countries, they started with 9/11, then went onto the bombings in London. Britain did not just go to Afghanistan because of 9/11, they went because their was a threat after that from Al Qaeda that a terrorist attack will happen on home soil.. and it did. We are not sticking are noses in, Britain is one of the forces of the world, we're there to help.
So if you ARE aiming your inflated post at me, then brilliant. Clearly havnt read half my posts correctly. And are you kidding? I mean really, the olympics wouldnt have been awarded to them? They brush everything under the carpet and ensure the media doesnt focus on it. Remember the opening? The little girl who actually sung the song was deemed too 'UGLY' and put someone else out pretending to mime, while the ugly girl was singing behind the scenes.
The Olympics have to go to a country that is safe, and it did. I couldn't care less about a little girl singing, we're talking about F1.
BBC are BANNED from China.
No they are not? Did you not watch the Olympics on BBC TV? BBC news Channels are shown out in Chinese TV.. :lol: China and America actually get on, they need each other. America are just peed off they owe China trillions of dollars.
they are hypocrits.
No, they are not. They want to watch Formula 1 safely and freely, which they will in any other country than Bahrain at this present time. Regardless of what your moronic views on the countries and the governments are, your just assuming things.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 15:48

Coopz wrote:
Yes.
I was saying to the people who feel we shouldnt go bahrain, then why do they feel we should be in those places.

:lol: Korea is one of the best countries in Asia, you know? I don't even know why you bring Korea into this. China has improved a lot, tourists are fine in China, always. If someone dies out in China, Media jump on the bandwagon and make the worst out of it. The only people who would be threatened in China would be a drunken man running around breaking laws and preaching. As long as you stick to the laws, you'll be fine in China. Do F1 stick to the laws? Yes. The only way you'll find trouble in China is if your looking for it, in one of the toned down towns hidden away. Shanghai is fine. F1 are basically tourists for the weekend. I've been to China, your an absolutely idiot if you think you will get hurt out there. We're not talking about if the people of Bahrain are getting hurt, we're talking about if it's safe for the people of Formula to go there. Plus, the only people that llve in China that will get hurt is if they do wrong. China has improved x10 from what it was.

Im in FAVOUR of bahrain. Im in FAVOUR of going to all the races we are at. What Im saying is, how can people slate bahrain when in honesty, the race is in october, not now. Things will change

Are you sure about that? It's being going on long enough now, if the people don't get their wish. It won't change, it will get worse.
If it DOES become a warzone, then dont go. But from whats been displayed to the media, there is no warzone.

It is a warzone. People are being killed, tanks are driving around. If anything, the British Media and media around the world are not focusing on Bahrain, they are focusing on Libya and Syria. If people being killed and tanks driving around isn't a warzone. God knows what is. :lol:
Bahrain is NONE of our business.
Yes it is, Bahrain is a friend of the countries. A lot of Oil comes from Bahrain.
When other countries poke its nose in, iraq, Afghanistan, Libiya, Iran and so forth, is what bloody happens.
I'm not sure what your trying to say here.. but you really need a economics and geography lesson if I think what your saying is true. Britain/NATO and America have a right to ''stick their noses in'' Libya is the 9th largest oil reserves in the world, the only reason America has took a step back is because America get their Oil from different countries. European countries get a hell of a lot of Oil from Libya, oil prices have already been increased, we don't need that anymore. Afghanistan, what are you talking about? England did not stick their noses in, Al Qaeda were posing a thread to European and America countries, they started with 9/11, then went onto the bombings in London. Britain did not just go to Afghanistan because of 9/11, they went because their was a threat after that from Al Qaeda that a terrorist attack will happen on home soil.. and it did. We are not sticking are noses in, Britain is one of the forces of the world, we're there to help.
So if you ARE aiming your inflated post at me, then brilliant. Clearly havnt read half my posts correctly. And are you kidding? I mean really, the olympics wouldnt have been awarded to them? They brush everything under the carpet and ensure the media doesnt focus on it. Remember the opening? The little girl who actually sung the song was deemed too 'UGLY' and put someone else out pretending to mime, while the ugly girl was singing behind the scenes.
The Olympics have to go to a country that is safe, and it did. I couldn't care less about a little girl singing, we're talking about F1.
BBC are BANNED from China.
No they are not? Did you not watch the Olympics on BBC TV? BBC news Channels are shown out in Chinese TV.. :lol: China and America actually get on, they need each other. America are just peed off they owe China trillions of dollars.
they are hypocrits.
No, they are not. They want to watch Formula 1 safely and freely, which they will in any other country than Bahrain at this present time. Regardless of what your moronic views on the countries and the governments are, your just assuming things.
1. Yep im in favour.
2. China was having protests in february, around 90,000 if I recall right. People died at the hands of the police
3. You brought the olympics up yet your willing to wash it over when its morally wrong for a country to call a girl too ugly to represent china. Great thinking batman!
4. No its not just the BBC, BUT EVERY broadcast agency are banned from filiming 99% of thing within china. They are not allowed their mobile phones, they are not allowed social networking, not a single thing. Nobody is. They were kicked out of china many times for breaking their 'rules'.
5. Are you saying we have a right to invade countries and intevene because we want oil. Your on about moral high ground, and your ok with NATO/Britain/America/France bombing civillians, rebels, Gadaffi's men and the sun just in the name of oil? And you call me for my views?
6. Yes. They are hypocrits.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 15:48

iceman1 wrote:mikhailv I totally agree with you. The Shia just want to destroy Bahrain under an Iranian agenda. I don't know from you guys get the news about hundreds of people are being Killed everyday, well it's not correct, I have friends there and it's quiet & safe.
Exactly. Its propoganda to be frank.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 15:57

Off-Topic: show
Britains one of the forces of the world, were there to help?

NO WE ARENT. We have made things 10 times WORSE! Invading iraq, what did it achieve!? We got rid of saddam, but it brought a whole s*** load of chaos, anarchy and unrest. It broke into CIVIL GOD DAMN WAR.

Were fighting an enemy, who has no uniform, no leader, nobody to answer to. They leave IED's in the ground which kill our soldiers whilst they are hiding a thousand miles away in a poxy mountain. Al Qaeda could walk right past a british solider and they would be NONE the wise. Its a faceless enemy. i mean for F*cks sake Bin laden was under our noses for how many years? He was living down the road from the f*cking army base in pakistan. A supposed ally, you telling me they didnt know beardy was living in a massive run down mansion? REALLY?

its a farce. 9/11 and 07/07 are disgraceful. something needed to be done. But Iraq was an excuse, and along with America, we got ourselves into a much deeper mess than we ever anticipated, because were fighting a cowardly, faceless enemy. they could be 60 years old, 40 years old, 20 years old or even bloody 10 years old.
cheers phil, didnt know how to do the off topic majig
Last edited by phil1993 on 04 Jun 2011, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offtopic added.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2011 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by sdutt » 04 Jun 2011, 20:18

I agree with you about waiting for situation in October or whenever it could be staged, but the thing is these decisions need to be done prior as was finally done by FIA. they did end the suspense, but it wasnt in the right taste.
I agree, there are not many people being killed everyday.
But its like this, when most teams and perhaps drivers are against travelling to that place, their views cannot be pushed aside like that. There were reported threats against the GP being held, so rightly those concerned are worried, you cant blame them, so at the end FIA were inconsiderate sadly.
Other GPs at other countries are in different situations but none being threatened by the normal public, thats where the difference lies. Coreect me if im wrong
Please people, dont start taking things personal here, this is a good debate going on, we dont want any factions developing here of all things when we ae discussing factions :lol:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2011 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by mikhailv » 04 Jun 2011, 20:26

sdutt wrote:I agree with you about waiting for situation in October or whenever it could be staged, but the thing is these decisions need to be done prior as was finally done by FIA. they did end the suspense, but it wasnt in the right taste.
I agree, there are not many people being killed everyday.
But its like this, when most teams and perhaps drivers are against travelling to that place, their views cannot be pushed aside like that. There were reported threats against the GP being held, so rightly those concerned are worried, you cant blame them, so at the end FIA were inconsiderate sadly.
Other GPs at other countries are in different situations but none being threatened by the normal public, thats where the difference lies. Coreect me if im wrong
Please people, dont start taking things personal here, this is a good debate going on, we dont want any factions developing here of all things when we ae discussing factions :lol:
you are correct matey. And thats my point, China has such a tight, militarian structure that has instilled fear to anyone opposing. Bahrain is doing what china did many years ago. Its sad whats happening, but it aint nothing to do with F1 how a country is ran.