MotoGP 2013

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: MotoGP 2013

Post by mikhailv » 01 Sep 2013, 10:07

I was hoping for a retirement from Marquez but not Injury. Though you have to say, he is only in the lead because of Lorenzo and Pedrosa's crashes and subsequent non attendance for Jorge. So hopefully lorenzo bags full points.

Really Marquez has been begging for an injury with how he constantly pushes. I dont get his accident though, surely he shouldve been slowing down due to marshals on track and 2nd, its just a weird accident from the start.

Too many accidents and injuries in Moto Gp. Moto 2 crash is the worst in the warm up =[

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Sep 2013, 12:40

Thats why Lorenzo is the best rider in moto GP. Them Honda's are much better than the Yamaha.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 01 Sep 2013, 12:57

What a race!

Lorenzo might be the best of the immediate post-Rossi era, but after what we've seen today I have no doubt Marquez will overcome him sooner rather than later. Still a bit untidy but so much speed! And all that in spite of the injury. Pedrosa's riding the same bike and he didn't even have a shot.

How many races left in the championship? Lorenzo's gonna need a DNF from Marc to get back into the hunt.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2013, 14:13

There's no doubt that Lorenzo has been riding brilliantly for the past three years but Marquez has come in and taken that to a new level. The way he rides the bike is phenomenal and no-one can match it. Sure, someone else will come in but right now he's the benchmark and it's his first season at the age of 20. And he rode injured today!

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Sep 2013, 15:26

Marquez rode with a dislocated shoulder, Lorenzo missed two races and then rode to 6th with a re-broken collar bone, was crying on his way to the pits and had to be lifted off the bike in excruciating pain. Marquez didnt show any sign of injury, he was bouncing off the bike in parc ferme and dead chirpy and happy. He wasn't affected. Marquez is only leading because Lorenzo had to miss Sachsenring and shouldve missed Laguna too but rode the ride of the season.

Marquez is great, but the Honda is the best bike. The fact he lost today is down to a mistake not injury, he had Lorenzo over a barrel and dropped the ball. Pedrosa is still suffering from HIS collarbone breakage too. Without the injuries Pedrosa and Lorenzo have, marquez wouldnt have won 4 in a row nor have a 39 point gap. he would at maximum be 19 points ahead.

Thats why i dont see marquez as being as great as people say; he's had 4 races easy because of main rivals injuries and he has the best bike. Pedrosa has never been that great. Even last year he dropped the ball. Marquez's style has been begging for an accident, he's lucky it was merely a dislocated shoulder.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 01 Sep 2013, 16:43

I don't know, man. I think the level of competition between the top2 / top3 in MotoGP is stupendous. These guys NEVER settle for 4th or 5th, they're gunning for the top 2 spots every race, except in case of injuries or wet/crazy races. Even Pedrosa, just look at the results from last season. Pedrosa won every race he finished from Indy on, and Lorenzo was RIGHT behind him every single time.

Best bike or not, for some 20-year-old youngster to come in and meddle with these two in his first season is no mean feat. There's no arguing that his opponents' injuries account for his current lead in the standings, but that doesn't lessen the value of his accomplishment in my view. He beat everyone fair and square in his second-ever race!

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 01 Sep 2013, 16:43

EDIT: double post, delete.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Sep 2013, 18:46

Its certainly no mean feat, but like you said; theyre a different era where they just send it up the inside. Its like when marquez basically slammed into the side of Lorenzo; that aint on. There shouldn't be no contact and it should be clean. But its from the Playstation era isn't it. I would loved to have seen Simoncelli up front; he wouldve been similar but I feel he would give more respect too.

Pedrosa to me is past it in the sense that like Lorenzo; he has had so many injuries that Dani is weakening now, he's broke that collar bone 5 or 6 times. He had his chance last year and lost. This year he was neck and neck with marquez but i still say that the injuries are exaggerating marquez. If Lorenzo and Pedrosa didn't have them, marquez wouldnt have a lead gifted.

I dont understand all these crashes though. its always comments like the cold tyres, they had problems with these bridgestones for years and years, the same 'cold temperature' comments. you never had that with Michelin...

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 19 Oct 2013, 15:28

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110740
MotoGP organisers have ordered that riders must change bikes during Sunday's Australian Grand Prix after concerns were raised over the duration of Bridgestone's rear tyre.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Oct 2013, 17:35

s*** tyres strike again in Moto Gp then.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 19 Oct 2013, 18:24

On the plus side, at least they're doing what it takes to prevent a tyre explosion before it actually happens.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Oct 2013, 22:43

Unlike some poor italian manufacturer renouned for average tyres!

Alden8100
car driver
car driver

Post by Alden8100 » 26 Oct 2013, 14:23

mikhailv wrote:Its certainly no mean feat, but like you said; theyre a different era where they just send it up the inside. Its like when marquez basically slammed into the side of Lorenzo; that aint on. There shouldn't be no contact and it should be clean. But its from the Playstation era isn't it. I would loved to have seen Simoncelli up front; he wouldve been similar but I feel he would give more respect too.

Pedrosa to me is past it in the sense that like Lorenzo; he has had so many injuries that Dani is weakening now, he's broke that collar bone 5 or 6 times. He had his chance last year and lost. This year he was neck and neck with marquez but i still say that the injuries are exaggerating marquez. If Lorenzo and Pedrosa didn't have them, marquez wouldnt have a lead gifted.

I dont understand all these crashes though. its always comments like the cold tyres, they had problems with these bridgestones for years and years, the same 'cold temperature' comments. you never had that with Michelin...
I am totally agree with you. Certain 2 facts on this page are unequivocally the best we have all had. You are 100% good here that Its like when marquez basically slammed into the side of Lorenzo that aint on. There should not be no contact and it should be clean.

Learn about our services
Alden
"I am not Alone,understand"

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Nov 2013, 18:54

Glad Jorge took a superb win, he was on the limit at what should've been a Honda track. I dont know who cant count at Honda, but jesus christ.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 10 Nov 2013, 11:24

Title decider today!!!