i1 series 2012 canceled

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

i1 series 2012 canceled

Post by reppo » 05 Feb 2012, 17:26

Häkkinen will not race :(
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... -peruttiin
Häkkinen was supposed to make a return - but the season was canceled

05.02.2012 16:55

Double F1 World Champion Mika Häkkinen's return to race track was called off, when the Indian i1 Super series was suddenly put in the ice for 2012 season.

The series was intended to compete with nine teams supplied by Indian town, which would challenge each other with SR3 cars manufactured by Radical Sportscar. Besides Häkkinen, to the series of seven events, were enrolled other ex and current Finnish formula stars.

Together with Heikki Kovalainen and Mika Salo also Jacques Villeneuve, Ralf Schumacher, Giancarlo Fisichellaa and Vitantonio Liuzzia was expected to compete for two-million-dollar prize money.

The organizer Machdar Motorsport, however, was forced to cancel the series, which was set up with great hullabaloo, by pleading of unexpected schedule changes. The organizers target is now 2013 season.

- The hard decision to postpone the series has been made in agreement with the shareholders and all participants of the series. They are fully behind this decision, because it was made thinking of long-term interests of the series, says Darshan M CEO of Machdar Motorsports.

MTV3