Wales Rally GB 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Wales Rally GB 2011

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 11:12

beefree88 wrote:
Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Haha noooo! Doubt that he will do that :lol:
I don't know, I don't see the F1 thing as sure. That would end up with Kimi staying at home taking care of the garden. :fear:
I'm ready to cheer for the Nascar possibility if needed :blush:
Well, I'd endure Nascar as anything else he wishes to drive, but I couldn't support the same way I did with WRC and F1. It's a shame there isn't an IRC with ocassional WRC + Le Mans option
IRC would be interesting. The problem is that, if what I'm hearing in Spain is true (and these sources are usually pretty reliable), next year we will have less works WRC seats than this year. Even the guys that now have a seat will have problems to have one and some of them might end in one of the paid seats in IRC (I suppose). Situation is simply desperate in the championship.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 11:21

Oh! and BTW, Citroën's line up could be quite surprising, Colin maybe got it right yesterday night, even if it was by pure chance :O

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Nov 2011, 11:23

Mar wrote:Mikko also said, Kimi might have been a bit unconcentrated lately trying to decide what he should do next.
He seems to be another one of the bunch that thinks Kimi will keep on rallying sooner or later :)
Why do you think that he thinks that? :confused:

Don´t think that this mistake (which was actually his real big one this season) has anything to do about Kimi thinking about his future.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Nov 2011, 11:25

Mar wrote:Oh! and BTW, Citroën's line up could be quite surprising, Colin maybe got it right yesterday night, even if it was by pure chance :O
:huh:

You talk in riddles for me today :lol: Sorry I think my brain still doesn´t work today :blush:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 12 Nov 2011, 11:25

Mar wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Haha noooo! Doubt that he will do that :lol:
I don't know, I don't see the F1 thing as sure. That would end up with Kimi staying at home taking care of the garden. :fear:
I'm ready to cheer for the Nascar possibility if needed :blush:
Well, I'd endure Nascar as anything else he wishes to drive, but I couldn't support the same way I did with WRC and F1. It's a shame there isn't an IRC with ocassional WRC + Le Mans option
IRC would be interesting. The problem is that, if what I'm hearing in Spain is true (and these sources are usually pretty reliable), next year we will have less works WRC seats than this year. Even the guys that now have a seat will have problems to have one and some of them might end in one of the paid seats in IRC (I suppose). Situation is simply desperate in the championship.
It clearly depends somewhat on who gets financial and other support. Al Quasimi will be in a Citroen works seat , and he's usually slower than Kimi. But than again in F1 it's similar despite that there's much more money. Or exactly because of that
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 11:26

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:Mikko also said, Kimi might have been a bit unconcentrated lately trying to decide what he should do next.
He seems to be another one of the bunch that thinks Kimi will keep on rallying sooner or later :)

Don´t think that this mistake (which was actually his real big one this season) has anything to do about Kimi thinking about his future.
I can only guess, he didn't give that many details. Maybe he thinks Kimi has been under big pressure to make a decission in one way or the other. :confused:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 11:27

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:Oh! and BTW, Citroën's line up could be quite surprising, Colin maybe got it right yesterday night, even if it was by pure chance :O
:huh:

You talk in riddles for me today :lol: Sorry I think my brain still doesn´t work today :blush:
I'm talking in riddles for everybody and not just you :lol:

Dani's dad is talking with Citroën. But shhh! don't tell.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 11:34

beefree88 wrote: It clearly depends somewhat on who gets financial and other support. Al Quasimi will be in a Citroen works seat , and he's usually slower than Kimi. But than again in F1 it's similar despite that there's much more money. Or exactly because of that
Isn't it Al-Attiyah? (it doesn't really matter, one of the two)
I can understand Kimi doesn't want to keep on spending his own money to fill Citroën's.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Nov 2011, 11:39

Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

I can only guess, he didn't give that many details. Maybe he thinks Kimi has been under big pressure to make a decission in one way or the other. :confused:
Hehe okay. But what I don´t get is why do you think that he (Mikko) thinks that Kimi will keep on rallying?

About the Sordo to Citroen...Wow that´s an interesting rumour! But Mini isn´t that bad and there he doesn´t have to follow orders. :confused:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 11:50

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:I can only guess, he didn't give that many details. Maybe he thinks Kimi has been under big pressure to make a decission in one way or the other. :confused:
Hehe okay. But what I don´t get is why do you think that he (Mikko) thinks that Kimi will keep on rallying?

About the Sordo to Citroen...Wow that´s an interesting rumour! But Mini isn´t that bad and there he doesn´t have to follow orders. :confused:
I don't know, they asked Mikko if he thought Kimi could keep on rallying next season and he said "sure" and he kept on going with the "he has improved..."

And about Dani... yep, the Mini isn't that bad but question is: in how many rallies are we going to see a Mini team next year? The ciffer going through Spain at the moment is ridiculous low.
What I've heard is that Richards is fighting hard to keep the team alive but they are in serious trouble, they have some serious problems with BMW.
But Richards is really working hard on it, maybe he can somehow save the situation, fingers crossed.

To make everything still better, Wilson has not finished the new deal with Ford yet and they are running out of time. The deadline to entry the manufacturers for next season is December 12th (because of Rally Monte Carlo), there is only one month left. :fear:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 12 Nov 2011, 11:56

Oh okay didn´t know that Hirvo also said this. :)

Oi, that doesn´t look good at all :( Damn!!!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 12 Nov 2011, 12:57

:(

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 13:05

sleenster wrote::(
good morning :hug:

Aren't you starting to feel too anxious when you wake up during a rallying weekend? :p

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 12 Nov 2011, 13:10

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote::(
good morning :hug:

Aren't you starting to feel too anxious when you wake up during a rallying weekend? :p
I'm starting to get afraid of going to sleep :p

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Nov 2011, 13:57

Petter won't re-start tomorrow