Rallye de France Alsace 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rallye de France Alsace 2011

Post by sleenster » 01 Oct 2011, 12:14

Oh Dani :( Don't feel like watching the stream anymore, Ogier is just pulling out a bigger and bigger lead :(

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 01 Oct 2011, 12:27

sleenster wrote:Oh Dani :( Don't feel like watching the stream anymore, Ogier is just pulling out a bigger and bigger lead :(
Yeah :(

But second place is awesome as well Flag:##
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Oct 2011, 12:29

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:Oh Dani :( Don't feel like watching the stream anymore, Ogier is just pulling out a bigger and bigger lead :(

No :<>: I want Dani to either win it or bin it :p

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 01 Oct 2011, 16:13

sleenster wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

No :<>: I want Dani to either win it or bin it :p
Be careful what you wish for!
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Oct 2011, 17:26

I'm with Beefree there (I'm such a coward! :p ) but Richards has said that Dani has to go for it tomorrow because they have nothing to lose, so it's win it or bin it.

sarnee_ice
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sarnee_ice » 01 Oct 2011, 19:17

http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/201 ... %E2%80%A6/

Accident report…
Kimi Räikkönen retired from the Rallye de France yesterday in the wake of a bizarre accident on the road section leading to stage three. He collided with the car of Henning Solberg, the latest drama in the 2007 F1 world champion’s incident-packed season.

Solberg and Räikkönen were in the process of warming up their MICHELIN tyres before the start of the third stage, Pays d’Ormont. The Finn’s Citroën DS3 WRC was running at #8 and he was due to start ahead of the Norwegian, in Ford #15 – it was logical, therefore, that Räikkönen should try to get ahead before the time control.

Räikkönen consequently put his foot down in an attempt to pass, but did so just as Solberg hit the brakes (Henning was warming those up, too). The Citroën ran into the back of the Ford and ended its rally in an adjacent ditch, its front right suspension broken.

Kimi could have restarted under SupeRally regulations, but preferred instead to return home to Switzerland. After withdrawing from Rally Australia, his ICE1 Racing team was excluded from the World Championship for Manufacturers, although Kimi is still entered for the forthcoming events in Spain and Britain. Elsewhere, meanwhile, the Finn is in close talks with the Williams team about a potential return to F1 in 2012.

sarnee_ice
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sarnee_ice » 01 Oct 2011, 19:18

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 3095075756

WRC | KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN: OUT BUT NOT DOWN

Yesterday wasn't a particularly good day for Kimi Räikkönen, a freak crash ending his Rallye de France. But how does the longer term look for the Iceman, with all those F1 return rumours swirling round?

While warming up his tyres for the start of stage three in Alsace yesterday, Kimi somehow managed to run into the back of Ford driver Henning Solberg – who was doing exactly the same thing. With his suspension terminally damaged by the impact to his Citroën, Kimi was off for an early bath.

As his co-driver Kaj Lindstrom pointed out, these things can just happen: it’s nobody’s fault. When the person ahead is braking while the person behind is accelerating, the end result tends to be inevitable.

And maybe it’s karma kicking in, making up for the time when Lewis Hamilton ran into the back of Kimi in the pitlane at the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix.

But this does mean that Kimi has a little more time now to consider one of the big issues of the moment: what will the Iceman do next year? There’s been speculation linking him to a Formula One return with Williams, while other people think he might keep on rallying. As Kimi himself says, there’s the third option of doing nothing at all. So what are the chances? Let’s speculate…

Go back to Formula One
Kimi’s been to visit the Williams factory and he certainly knows his way around Formula One, having won the title in 2007.

Pros: There are no road sections, it’s familiar territory, and you can make a lot more money in F1 than rallying.

Cons: Williams aren’t a top team any more, he’s been there and done that, it means dealing with the piranha-like F1 media. Again.

Keep on rallying
The Iceman has got two years’ worth of experience invested in rallying and he’s beginning to get the hang of it now. Why not persevere?

Pros: It’s beginning to get easier now, it’s a lot of fun, there are only 13 rounds a year and the journalists seem quite nice.

Cons: It seems harder to win than it is in Formula One and rallying is not especially lucrative. If you go off in Sweden, you might freeze to death.

Walk away
If in doubt, sit it out. Money’s not exactly an issue for the Iceman and it’s a shame to have a great collection of toys at home but not have the time to play with them.

Pros: Who wants to work for a living when you don’t have to? And it’s a neat solution to what might be a difficult decision. Also, it buys you time. Sounds appealing.

Cons: You might get bored. Apart from that, not much really.

Go racing but not in F1
Kimi’s tried NASCAR and also Peugeot’s 908 Le Mans car. But neither of those seems to have exactly grabbed him. There’s always DTM too.

Pros: There’s less pressure, not as much media attention, and it’s not as time-consuming as F1 – but you still get the chance of racing a car. Best of both worlds?

Cons: Do you really need to do any other sort of racing when you’re already a Formula One world champion? Wouldn’t it be just a bit boring?

So there are the options. Now over to the Iceman…

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Oct 2011, 19:28

Thank you sarnee_ice for the news :shhh: :hug:

Mar wrote:
Transfer Bomb: Ogier eclipsing Hirvonen's Ford!
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... n-fordilla
If Mikko does go to Ford, it'll be kind of sad to see Mikko go from almost beating Loeb by 1 point in 2009 to being a number two driver to him :confused: because Citroen sure as hell is not going to give Mikko equal status with Loeb. I don't know what is wrong with Mikko's driving this year! :( It is frustrating Mar! :(

Mar wrote:I'm with Beefree there (I'm such a coward! :p ) but Richards has said that Dani has to go for it tomorrow because they have nothing to lose, so it's win it or bin it.
They didn't even expect to be in this position so they should go all out for the win. Even if he does bin in the process, when was the last time really Dani was told by a team to push 110% to win a rally for himself? It's a good thing for him. He is getting much love from the team :)

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Oct 2011, 19:43

I don't know what to think about Mikko any longer. :confused:

In the power stages he has the speed. That's the main reason why he's in the 2nd position in the championship, even if he's not been fast enough during the rallies.

But why is he fast in the powerstages and not during the rallies? :huh: I know that's what angries Malcom Wilson.

It's like some psychological problem, an accident he's not been able to go over, personal responsibilities that make him think it twice before taking risks... I really don't know. He has not suddenly forgotten how to drive, that's for sure

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 02 Oct 2011, 05:37

Dani faster than Ogier by 3.4s on SS18, he's on soft tyres and only carrying one spare. Go for it Dani!!! !yahoo:

1. 2 S. OGIER 2:45:22.8 0.0 0.0
2. 37 D. SORDO 2:45:29.2 +6.4 +6.4

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 02 Oct 2011, 06:28

Come on Dani! Get him! :thumbsup:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 02 Oct 2011, 06:52

I'm beginning to get nervous :lol:

If I could put my hands on Mikko! :<>: Now, even if Petter makes mistakes, he can't get into the poduim because he's been driving as fast as a snail. He's supposed to be fighting for a championship :roll:: How long does he want Jari-Matti to stop at the end of the rally to let him through?
Of course, your team-mate is going to let you through, but, boy, wake up!

Rant over.

PS. Oliveira's co-driver got hurt in yesterday's accident. He has 3 broken ribs.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 02 Oct 2011, 08:01

Dani and Oggier with exactly the same time in SS20

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 02 Oct 2011, 08:04

Woohoo down to 4.9 s different.
Go Dani!! :cool:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 02 Oct 2011, 11:53

:) Good job, Dani!
I hope, at least here, Ford doesn't come out to tell us how much more morally acceptable their team-orders are than those of Citroën, as they did in Germany. Jari-Matti has already given 9 points to Mikko.