Neste Oil Rally Finland 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Neste Oil Rally Finland 2011

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 30 Jul 2011, 14:53

Sordo lost a lot of time !

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 30 Jul 2011, 14:59

Power stage Live on Rai sport 2

Highlights on Sport1 at 17.30 GMT

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 30 Jul 2011, 15:00

Seems like my prediction yesterday of 9th place being the best that Kimi could hope for in this rally came true. Not that I am especially pleased with that mind you. He should have beaten Wilson in my opinion.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Jul 2011, 15:13

Sleenie, Dani just retired from the rally. :(

Soren, he could not beat Wilson because of the damage on his car. Kimi has done today something he had never done before. He was on pace with the top guys on gravel. He even ended up being faster than Petter in some stages, and Petter is the one that has the same car he has and is a world champion.

I'm extremely pleased with what I've seen in this rally. I don't mind the final position at all, because I've seen he can make it on gravel too. Up to know he had shown, he could do it on tarmac and snow (Saturday afternoon in Sweden). But today, he showed he could also make it in the most important surface in rallying: gravel.

He has hit a fence? yep, so what? the pace is there. He can stop crashing later on, it's the speed what matters. And for somebody with only 24 rallies in his life, hitting a fence after 6 rallies not touching anything is a very low "incident" rate.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Jul 2011, 15:16

Mar wrote:Sleenie, Dani just retired from the rally. :(

Soren, he could not beat Wilson because of the damage on his car. Kimi has done today something he had never done before. He was on pace with the top guys on gravel. He even ended up being faster than Petter in some stages, and Petter is the one that has the same car he has and is a world champion.

I'm extremely pleased with what I've seen in this rally. I don't mind the final position at all, because I've seen he can make it on gravel too. Up to know he had shown, he could do it on tarmac and snow (Saturday afternoon in Sweden). But today, he showed he could also make it in the most important surface in rallying: gravel.

He has hit a fence? yep, so what? the pace is there. He can stop crashing later on, it's the speed what matters. And for somebody with only 24 rallies in his life, hitting a fence after 6 rallies not touching anything is a very low "incident" rate.
Ohhhhh :( I am having such a crappy day already :(

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 30 Jul 2011, 15:19

Hmm, that does put in into perspective Mar. How much did the damage inflict on his pace you think? I could not follow the rally so closely this weekend. What stage did he hit the fence?

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Jul 2011, 15:36

Soren wrote: Hmm, that does put in into perspective Mar. How much did the damage inflict on his pace you think? I could not follow the rally so closely this weekend. What stage did he hit the fence?
He has the whole right side wrinkled, some damage in the rear and no front bumper at all. The aerodynamic is damaged because of that and the car doesn't turn properly.

It happened in the first stage of the afternoon loop (SS17).
Before the incident, Kimi was on pace with Petter. Ater that he's about 0.5 s/km behind. Yep, I would say, 0.5 Km/s, more or less.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 30 Jul 2011, 15:36

Soren wrote:

Hmm, that does put in into perspective Mar. How much did the damage inflict on his pace you think? I could not follow the rally so closely this weekend. What stage did he hit the fence?
I guess that Kimi had possibility to beat Henning. He was so much faster than he at today morning.
I miss a babysitter

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 30 Jul 2011, 16:07

Anyone have a streaming link? This one doesnt seem to work: http://www.soccertvlive.net/watch/75924 ... nship.html

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Jul 2011, 16:13

So apparently...ESPN is not showing the power stage live because of some football thingy :(
http://tv.espn.co.uk/oo/espl/tv-schedule/

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Jul 2011, 16:17

Neither is Nitro. They're going to show it "live" in 1 and a half hour :blink:

Lucke
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Lucke » 30 Jul 2011, 16:18

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/7596 ... ship-.html
not in english tho
edit: and it's buffering for me all the time... cant really watch it like that :(

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 30 Jul 2011, 16:27

Kimi in. 2 points. Ok, it could have been more points, but his pace was great.
Good job.

Auni
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Auni » 30 Jul 2011, 16:34

I'm really, really satisfied...on first day i didn't think, he could come in the top ten... :blush: and his speed today was more than great :thumbsup: so
CONGRATULATION KIMI!!! :C:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 30 Jul 2011, 16:36

To be honest, I actually didn't even expect him to get into the top 10 because of how many entries there were (Mini and the other Finnish drivers) :blush: