It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 16:30

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 98  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 13:06  
F1 Driver

Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
I knew that you would write something like this :lol: :p :hug:

Are you saying I’m predictable?Image
(Joking, of course :hug: )

Just when it comes to your opinion about Kimbo and NASCAR :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 13:27  
F1 Routinier

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
I knew that you would write something like this :lol: :p :hug:

Are you saying I’m predictable?Image
(Joking, of course :hug: )

Just when it comes to your opinion about Kimbo and NASCAR :lol:

It is just, that I don't like surprises coming out of the blue ::oops:;
I went out for lunch and the world was as expected. And when I came back SHOCK! Kimi goes Nascar. :blink:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:16  
F1 Routinier

A tweet by leighdiffey
Quote:
Bob Varsha and I just got kicked out of Gresham Speedway. I guess Kimi is a but nervous about his Truck test!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:17  
GP2 Driver

Mar wrote:
It is just, that I don't like surprises coming out of the blue ::oops:;
I went out for lunch and the world was as expected. And when I came back SHOCK! Kimi goes Nascar. :blink:

Quote:
Kimi does like to keep peole guessing and always has a few surprises in the bag as the IceMan - so his move to NASCAR as well as continuing with his 2011 WRC commitments is not entirely out of the ordinary for Kimi.
:p :lol:

Quote:
Kimi to combine WRC with NASCAR for 2011

The Kimi Raikkonen to NASCAR story is now no April Fool's joke. On Saturday Kyle Busch Motorsports, a Camping World Truck Series team announced that it had signed the 2007 Formula One World Champion to a limited schedule.

"I am really excited to have the opportunity to start my venture into NASCAR with Kyle Busch Motorsports," said Kimi in a statement issued by the team Saturday morning.

"Kyle is one of the best in NASCAR, and being able to draw on his knowledge will be a valuable asset as I make my transition to a new form of racing. He has put together an experienced team that builds fast race trucks.

"I look forward to being a part of a team that has proven to be a winner on and off the race track."

The 25-year old Busch, who also drives in all three of NASCARs top-level series, said: "We are honored that Kimi Raikkonen, a former Formula 1 World Drivers' Champion and proven winner, has chosen to start his career in NASCAR with Kyle Busch Motorsports."

"Adding one of the most talented drivers in the world is a continuation of building a team of proven winners and champions at KBM. I look forward to assisting in Kimi's transition to NASCAR as both an owner and teammate."

NASCAR previously announced that the Finnish driver was cleared to make his debut at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 20th and that has been confirmed in the press release. Raikkonen will test on Monday at Gresham Motorsports Park, a half-mile oval in Georgia.

"We're now going to get him some laps in a truck and see him in Charlotte," Busch said in a television interview just before qualifying in Martinsville on Saturday morning.

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:19  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
A tweet by leighdiffey
Quote:
Bob Varsha and I just got kicked out of Gresham Speedway. I guess Kimi is a but nervous about his Truck test!

Sounds like Kimi alright :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:29  
F1 Driver

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A tweet by leighdiffey
Quote:

Yep! :lol: But unfortunately we won´t get any pics :(

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:37  
F1 Driver

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A tweet by leighdiffey
Quote:

Yep! :lol: But unfortunately we won´t get any pics :(

thanks luie! :thumbsup:

nothing new there, when Kimi says it is a private test and the media is not invited he REALLY means it :lol: ... and I guess speed is definitely not going to get the scoop on this one ... he probably going to make them crawl before he talks to them after the statements last week :zz:

but Im pinning my hopes that he says something to wrc.com or somebody else
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 15:53  
F1 Routinier

bobvarsha wrote:
Raikkonen test report: asked to leave before Kimi turned a lap in the race truck.Watched the first laps from outside the fence, then split.

http://twitter.com/bobvarsha/status/54932769129762816
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 16:33  
F1 Driver

a press release from gresham motorsport park ( I cant believe they put out a press release about kimi testing there... :blink: ) but atleast we got to know that he is testing also tomorrow... was little worried about his one day test.

Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen, Left Turns Equal Right Move At GMP

JEFFERSON, GA (April 4, 2011) – Reporters and photographers were the first to open the gates at Gresham Motorsports Park this morning as they awaited the arrival of Kimi Raikkonen, former F1 Champion. Raikkonen arrived in America this past weekend to make his first test run at GMP today. He has signed with Kyle Busch Motorsports to run a limited schedule in the NASCAR Camping World Truck series and will make his NCWTS debut at Charlotte on May 20, 2011.

The 2007 Formula One Champion is a native of Finland and currently drives in the World Rally Car Series since leaving Formula One in 2009. Raikkonen will be a familiar face to some of the NASCAR drivers including Juan Pablo Montoya and Nelson Piquet Jr., who were both former F1 drivers.

“Gresham Motorsports Park is proud to have Raikkonen choose this track for his first-ever NASCAR test,” said Gresham Motorsports Park’s General Manager, Dan Elliott. “We know that Kimi will be successful no matter where he competes.”

Raikkonen plans to run a two-day closed test at GMP in preparation for his NCWTS debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway’s Education Lottery 200 on May 20, 2011.

Please visit our website, www.GreshamMotorsportsPark.com, for information and details about the upcoming year at GMP. Also, join the GMP fan page on facebook or follow GMP on Twitter.

http://www.catchfence.com/2011/truckser ... ce=twitter
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 16:34  
F1 Routinier

Julia just beat me :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 16:42  
F1 Routinier

Oh goody, at the very least there might be some long range paparazzi pics :D
Thanks Julia! :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 17:09  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
A tweet by leighdiffey
Quote:

Kimi already making friends! :p
Jeff Gordon is right, the first press conference is going to be funny to watch :lol:

PS. I may criticise the boy for many things, but I will never do it for his dislike for journalists. I had to deal with some of them once because of professional reasons and they really got to my nerves. I ended up feeling very stressed. (Sorry if somebody here is a jouno, I'm sure you're one of the nice ones! :hug: )
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 17:14  
F1 Rookie

I'm just glad that the test went well. I do hope he will enjoy the truck racing.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 17:16  
F1 Driver

sleenster wrote:
Oh goody, at the very least there might be some long range paparazzi pics :D
Thanks Julia! :thumbsup:

+1 :shhh:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 17:19  
F1 Routinier

zoefrances wrote:
I'm just glad that the test went well. I do hope he will enjoy the truck racing.

I think the test just started. They should have a whole day of testing today. I think he's still on it.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 98  Next