The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by sleenster » 03 Jun 2011, 17:38

Some tweets:
jeff_gluck wrote: The Raikkonen bump? Nationwide Series ratings were up 23 pct for Charlotte (overall, they're up 16 pct from this point last season).
diegofmejia wrote: Kyle Busch said in a press conference in Kansas that is open to more races with Kimi Raikkonen in trucks or Nationwide ...
nateryan wrote: KyBu: "I'm disappointed a lot of my quotes got taken out of context & misintepreted. Kimi Raikkonen's people have paid in full." #Nascar
nateryan wrote: More KyBu on Raikkonen: He's paid in full. "We're not mad whatsoever." Says he's open to more truck and Nationwide races (w/Nemco). #nascar
nateryan wrote: But KyBu adds no further discussions yet about running anything more with Kimi Raikkonen. Says Atlanta and Homestead are options. #nascar

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 03 Jun 2011, 21:35

Kyle Busch says money not an issue with Raikkonen

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -- Kyle Busch dispelled the notion that a lack of funding played a role in Kimi Raikkonen's brief stint with the NASCAR star's racing team.

But Busch couldn't clarify the former Formula One champion's future in NASCAR or with Kyle Busch Motorsports.

Busch said Friday before practice at Kansas Speedway, site of Sunday's Sprint Cup race, that money wasn't an issue with the Finn, who signed a deal with Kyle Busch Motorsports in April to run three to five Trucks Series races.

Raikkonen ran a pair of Trucks races, then decided to run the Nationwide event last week in Charlotte, finishing four laps down in 27th.

"They paid for the Truck races, but then he said, 'OK, let's do a Nationwide race.' So, we took those funds from the end of the year and put them to that Nationwide race. So, they are paid in full for the races they've run," Busch said.

Busch said he hasn't discussed future NASCAR plans with the Finn, though he's open to talking with Raikkonen about running more Trucks or Nationwide races, mentioning venues such as Atlanta, Martinsville and Homestead.

"I like Kimi. I liked working with him and talking with him and developing a little bit of a relationship there," Busch said. "I feel like he had a good time while here and working with us."

Raikkonen spent nine years in Formula One, driving for Sauber, McLaren and Ferrari. He had 18 wins and won the 2007 championship, and his decision to give NASCAR a go created buzz around the circuit.

He is currently racing for the World Rally Car Championship with his own team, ICE 1 Racing, but is not scheduled to compete in that series again until next month in Greece.

"He's got Rally and other stuff that he's worried about. We're not mad whatsoever. We knew things would change so that's why contracts are always kind of weirded out anyway," Busch said.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/r ... otorsports

junebug
car driver
car driver

Post by junebug » 04 Jun 2011, 01:02

Thanks Sleenster
:pray:
I hope Kimi comes back over here. He is a great driver. He ran 12th to 15th in the Nationwide race till he picked up that spliter under his car.

Kittina
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Kittina » 04 Jun 2011, 11:04

Busch: Next move up to Raikkonen

Kyle Busch says he remains open to running Kimi Raikkonen in further NASCAR Truck or Nationwide Series outings, although no more races are planned for the time being.

The NASCAR star fielded a Toyota Tundra truck from Kyle Busch Motorsports two weeks ago for Raikkonen's stock car debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He then ran the Finn again a week later in the Nationwide Series through NEMCO Motorsports at the same track, where Raikkonen ran well until a pit speeding penalty put him two laps down.

Busch had initially spoken about running the 2007 Formula 1 world champion in as many as five Truck races, but plans quickly changed and Raikkonen made the jump immediately to NASCAR's second tier series.

The owner/driver says the decision whether to carry on with the team is down to Raikkonen himself, but he says Kyle Busch Motorsports would be able to run him again either in the Trucks or Nationwide Series.

"If they want to come and run a few more Truck races, we've got the opportunity to do a couple more Nationwide races, and I'm sure myself and [NEMCO Motorsports boss] Joe Nemechek can put something together," said Busch. "It's all up to those guys, really."

He added: "Kimi is a hard guy to read sometimes, but that is just kind of his personality. That's alright, nothing wrong with that. I like Kimi. I liked working with him and talking with him and developing a little bit of a relationship there.

"I feel like he had a good time while here and working with us and working on the Truck and Nationwide side. As Juan [Pablo Montoya] said, it's quite a challenging racetrack to pick as your first race track to go racing at - Charlotte is.

"If he wants to come back and run some other venues like an Atlanta or a Martinsville or a Homestead or whatever, those are definitely some options that are open and we're open to discussions."

Raikkonen has been tipped to make his Sprint Cup Series debut at the end of the month at Sears Point, the Finn saying last week he was keen on trying out a road-course event after testing a Cup car for Robby Gordon's team before his Nationwide debut.

KBM's Rick Ren said his team could run Raikkonen for a Cup debut through an established team in NASCAR's top series, but the timing for such move was tight and options very limited.

Raikkonen returns to the World Rally Championship in two weeks for the Acropolis Rally.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91966

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Jun 2011, 12:07

junebug wrote:Thanks Sleenster
:pray:
I hope Kimi comes back over here. He is a great driver. He ran 12th to 15th in the Nationwide race till he picked up that spliter under his car.
Hi junebug (what a cute name! :blush: )

Yeah, the final result was disappointing but the way he drove was definitely not disappointing. Just typical Kimi bad luck coming into play as usual :roll::

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Jun 2011, 19:26

sleenster wrote: Yeah, the final result was disappointing but the way he drove was definitely not disappointing. Just typical Kimi bad luck coming into play as usual :roll::
Yes, I am sure that people who follow more NASCAR think just like that but people who want show Kimi in bad value looks at only at the final result. As we are seen before and will see in the future.
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Jun 2011, 21:43

tkarint
car driver
car driver

Post by tkarint » 17 Jun 2011, 10:50

Kimi shouldn't have left F1. Was he on Japan tour this time?

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Jun 2011, 19:25

bobpockrass

Kimi Raikkonen won't drive for Robby Gordon at Infineon, Gordon says. #nascar
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

f1heronomus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1heronomus » 17 Jun 2011, 19:54

Special interview with Kimi Räikkönen: http://racingnewsflash.com/content/spec ... C3%B6nen-0

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 18 Jun 2011, 01:31

f1heronomus wrote:Special interview with Kimi Räikkönen: http://racingnewsflash.com/content/spec ... C3%B6nen-0
Nice to hear that he still loves wheel to wheel racing!!! :)
Hope he will do some more Nascar races besides rally if he doesn't return to F1.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 18 Jun 2011, 06:24

icemaid wrote:
f1heronomus wrote:Special interview with Kimi Räikkönen: http://racingnewsflash.com/content/spec ... C3%B6nen-0
Hope he will do some more Nascar races besides rally if he doesn't return to F1.
+1 :thumbsup:

f1heronomus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1heronomus » 18 Jun 2011, 09:27

icemaid wrote:
Yeah! I think Kimi likes more NASCAR (or F1) because he can compete close the other drivers? But maybe oval its not that nice cause its quite boring?

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 18 Jun 2011, 10:03

f1heronomus wrote:
icemaid wrote:
Yeah! I think Kimi likes more NASCAR (or F1) because he can compete close the other drivers? But maybe oval its not that nice cause its quite boring?
Well, there's also Le Mans. It means a lot of side-by-side racing, it is in Europe, it takes place in nice circuits and maybe he can combine it with rallying.

He has talked about both the Le Mans series and the 24h a few times. And from next season on, the FIA will be involved in the series.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 18 Jun 2011, 10:19

I really really hope he will take part at some of the races of the LeMans series :pray:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)