The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Julia » 04 Apr 2011, 11:38

Jeff Gordon seems to bee a big Kimi-fan:
KYLE BUSCH ANNOUNCED TODAY THAT KIMI RAIKKONEN HAS SIGNED WITH HIS TEAM AND WILL MAKE HIS TRUCK SERIES DEBUT AT CHARLOTTE NEXT MONTH. YOU’RE SMILING. CAN YOU VERBALIZE YOUR THOUGHTS?

On one hand I think that’s awesome. I’m a big Formula One fan and I admire Kimi. He’s got a lot of talent. I can’t believe it. I couldn’t believe it when Juan Pablo (Montoya) made that announcement. And so, so many things are going through my mind. I can’t wait for him to come in here and do an interview because the one-word answers that you guys (media) are going to get out of those questions is going to be hilarious to watch (laughs). I might come in here for that first session. But I think it says a lot about NASCAR that somebody like him is considering coming here. I admire him for wanting to take the step to go Truck racing and not just jump into a Cup car. Obviously the word is out there to the best drivers in the world (that) if you think you’re just going to come in here and jump in a Cup car and be competitive, you’re kidding yourself. And I think that’s pretty cool about our sport; and that we’re drawing this international group of talent. That’s awesome. I hope to one day see him in the Cup Series.”

DO YOU KNOW KIMI RAIKKONEN? HAVE YOU MET HIM AND BEEN AROUND HIM? HOW WILL HE ADAPT AND BLEND IN? YOU SAY HE’S NOT A GREAT MEDIA GUY.

“I didn’t say he’s not a great media guy, he just doesn’t give you a lot to go on (laughs).”

IF HE CAME TO YOU AND ASKED FOR SOME POINTERS OR HINTS ON HOW TO HANDLE HIMSELF, WHAT WOULD YOU TELL HIM?

“I think when you’re a talent like that, and again I’ll compare him to Juan Pablo. I know they’re a little bit different styles, but I’ll compare them in the fact that they both have a tremendous amount of talent and a lot of racing experience. There’s not a whole lot you can tell them because they know how to get into different race cars and adapt. But I will say that this is one type of series and vehicles that I think are far more challenging than people realize, especially when you’ve come out of high-downforce cars. I think the Rally cars that he’s been driving probably give him more experience or get him better-prepared to come over here to this series than any of his Formula One cars that he’s ever driven. The last thing you want to do is to try to get one of these cars feel like a Formula One car or hope that maybe one day you can, because you never will. So I’d just tell him to be patient and try to stay in the best equipment that he can and try to go out there and follow the guys that are going fast to learn the lines and the braking points at each of the tracks that he goes to. That would be the quickest way I think to learn and adapt and be competitive.”
sounds like he is going to get along with the other drivers just fine... :lol:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Apr 2011, 11:44

Julia wrote:
SilentKiller wrote:So is Kimi testing tomorrow???
I understood he ws suppose to test on monday, but the test was private (no media invited, nothing new there :zz: )

from wrc.com:
Tuesday:
Raikkonen’s new venture: Wrc.com finds out more about the Ice Man’s plans to dovetail his WRC season with a move into the NASCAR Truck Series.
maybe we get some post-testcomments from Kimi?

is it just me or has wrc.com taken over the promoting of Kimi? they seem to have quite straight lines to him at the moment ...
I suppose they have already noticed Kimi is not going to do any PR related to rallying, so if they want to keep on profiting of Kimi's name, they better begin working on it a bit. And just in case Kimi decides to leave the championship at the end of the season, they better milk the cow as much as they can.

WRC.com has always been very nice with Kimi, that's clear, but some attitudes of people in the championship have been "funny". It was a bit of: "I profit from Kimi being in the championship, since I get more media attention and therefore my sponsors get more media attention even if my sponsors don't give him a single cent" and at the same time it was a bit of "Kimi is not a real rally driver, if he wants to drive he has to pay for it". :confused:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Apr 2011, 11:53

Julia wrote:from nascar.com:
A spokesman for Raikkonen said he'd been told the Finn wanted to get Monday's test under his belt and that he would then make a statement about his future plans. KBM's release said details of sponsorship, Raikkonen's schedule and his team's structure would be released at a later date.
seems that even the promoters of NASCAR have got in contact with Kimi and not referring to "his facebookpage" as source of information. Was a little astonished when I read the first piece of news on Kimi on nascar.com :roll:: ( hopefully that spokesperson of Kimi has informed them that Kimi doesnt have a facebookpage nor twitter account, nor does he give out information before he wants to give out information :zz: )
I think, it is logical the Nascar promoters contact Kimi. It is true Nascar is mainly focused in the US, where Kimi is an almost unknown person. But Nascar also sells TV rights in Europe and for example in Latin America (Nascar is very famous in there), where Kimi is a very popular person. Therefore, it is interesting for Nascar to see if they can use Kimi arrival to expand their market a bit more. If that way they can definetively get over the "Gillett-problem", it will make me happy.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Apr 2011, 12:01

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:from nascar.com:
A spokesman for Raikkonen said he'd been told the Finn wanted to get Monday's test under his belt and that he would then make a statement about his future plans. KBM's release said details of sponsorship, Raikkonen's schedule and his team's structure would be released at a later date.
seems that even the promoters of NASCAR have got in contact with Kimi and not referring to "his facebookpage" as source of information. Was a little astonished when I read the first piece of news on Kimi on nascar.com :roll:: ( hopefully that spokesperson of Kimi has informed them that Kimi doesnt have a facebookpage nor twitter account, nor does he give out information before he wants to give out information :zz: )
I think, it is logical the Nascar promoters contact Kimi. It is true Nascar is mainly focused in the US, where Kimi is an almost unknown person. But Nascar also sells TV rights in Europe and for example in Latin America (Nascar is very famous in there), where Kimi is a very popular person. Therefore, it is interesting for Nascar to see if they can use Kimi arrival to expand their market a bit more. If that way they can definetively get over the "Gillett-problem", it will make me happy.
I thought that too that was the reason I was a little bit surprised that in their first article where they commented the Kimi rumor they actually referred their information to kimis facebookpage (you, know the one that he doesnt have...)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Apr 2011, 12:04

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:
I understood he ws suppose to test on monday, but the test was private (no media invited, nothing new there :zz: )

from wrc.com:
Tuesday:
Raikkonen’s new venture: Wrc.com finds out more about the Ice Man’s plans to dovetail his WRC season with a move into the NASCAR Truck Series.
maybe we get some post-testcomments from Kimi?

is it just me or has wrc.com taken over the promoting of Kimi? they seem to have quite straight lines to him at the moment ...
I suppose they have already noticed Kimi is not going to do any PR related to rallying, so if they want to keep on profiting of Kimi's name, they better begin working on it a bit. And just in case Kimi decides to leave the championship at the end of the season, they better milk the cow as much as they can.

WRC.com has always been very nice with Kimi, that's clear, but some attitudes of people in the championship have been "funny". It was a bit of: "I profit from Kimi being in the championship, since I get more media attention and therefore my sponsors get more media attention even if my sponsors don't give him a single cent" and at the same time it was a bit of "Kimi is not a real rally driver, if he wants to drive he has to pay for it". :confused:
yeah, it annoys me too sometimes but at the moment I think it is a win-win situation to even Kimi ... wrc.om has taken over quite alot of the promo thing that RB was doing last year ... so he hasn't have too do almost anything by himself... he can just concentrate on driving... and wrc.com takes care of that he is in headlines every now and then...

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Apr 2011, 12:09

Julia wrote: I thought that too that was the reason I was a little bit surprised that in their first article where they commented the Kimi rumor they actually referred their information to kimis facebookpage (you, know the one that he doesnt have...)
:lol: I remember reading that.
I don't have facebook, so I don't surf around that kind of social media. When I read that, I just thought Kimi had gone nuts and created a facebook, or that maybe they were talking about IceOne facebook (do they have one? :huh: ). I didn't go to check it, I don't even know how to check if somebody has a facebook or not :blush:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 04 Apr 2011, 12:12

Julia wrote:
We might be lucky :)

Tweet from Bob Varsha
Off to Jefferson, GA, for Kimi Raikkonen's NASCAR CWT test with Kyle Busch Motorsports. Still can't get my head around the idea.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 04 Apr 2011, 12:13

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote: I thought that too that was the reason I was a little bit surprised that in their first article where they commented the Kimi rumor they actually referred their information to kimis facebookpage (you, know the one that he doesnt have...)
I don't have facebook, so I don't surf around that kind of social media. When I read that, I just thought Kimi had gone nuts and created a facebook, or that maybe they were talking about IceOne facebook (do they have one? :huh: ). I didn't go to check it, I don't even know how to check if somebody has a facebook or not :blush:
Yeah I also thought that they are talking about the IceOneRacing FB and Twitter page! :)

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Apr 2011, 12:20

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Julia wrote:

Tweet from Bob Varsha
Off to Jefferson, GA, for Kimi Raikkonen's NASCAR CWT test with Kyle Busch Motorsports. Still can't get my head around the idea.
Neither can I, Mr Varsha, neither can I. But I'm working hard on it. :zz:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Apr 2011, 12:21

Mar wrote:
as I understood ALL Kimi and Ice one facebookpages are fanpages except the ice one motorkross-facebookpage which is strictly motorkrossrelated ... but when everybody else have sites, facebookpages, twitteraccounts people dont seem to understand that Kimi does it his own way and even his site is the last place to get the freschest news about what is going on ... :lol:

dont worry Mar, you are not the only one without a facebook-account nor twitter account... I join you on that on :shhh:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 04 Apr 2011, 12:23

Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Julia wrote:

Tweet from Bob Varsha
I knew that you would write something like this :lol: :p :hug:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Apr 2011, 12:24

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:
Yeah I also thought that they are talking about the IceOneRacing FB and Twitter page! :)
but those official ones are strictly motorkross not a word about Kimis escapades unless he has shown off on a motorkross event :lol:

I guess Kimi has figured out his fans are much better promoting him and keeping upp with the news in the social media (facebook and twitter etc.) that he would be himself :lol:
Last edited by Julia on 04 Apr 2011, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Apr 2011, 12:30

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Julia wrote:

Tweet from Bob Varsha
I knew that you would write something like this :lol:

:lol: :lol: i guess mr Bob Varsha atm hopes he could draw back his words about Kimi from last week ... :lol:

thanks for the information, hopefully we get atleast some picks or something... :thumbsup:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 04 Apr 2011, 12:32

Julia wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:
but those official ones are strictly motorkross not a word about Kimis escapades unless he has shown off on a motorkross event :lol:

I guess Kimi has figured out his fans are much better promoting him and keeping upp with the news that he would be himself :lol:
true :lol: so I can understand that they, not knowing Kimi, assumed that those pages are official :lol:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Apr 2011, 12:47

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:I knew that you would write something like this :lol: :p :hug:
Are you saying I’m predictable?Image
(Joking, of course :hug: )

Julia wrote: :lol: :lol: i guess mr Bob Varsha atm hopes he could draw back his words about Kimi from last week ... :lol:

thanks for the information, hopefully we get atleast some picks or something... :thumbsup:
+1 (to everything)