The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Kriss » 21 May 2011, 15:45

Loiste wrote:
Principals from Red Bull Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing both denied interest in providing equipment for next week’s race for Raikkonen
:<>: I can't understand why Kimi is a persona non grata for RB. What did Kimi do last year to deserve such careless treatment from RB.

:huh:
he was drinking from their bottle, advertising them everywhere :huh:

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 21 May 2011, 15:49

Kriss wrote:he was drinking from their bottle, advertising them everywhere :huh:
RB is his individual sponsor but thay don't want to sponsor his racing anymore.

arale
kart driver
kart driver

Post by arale » 21 May 2011, 15:49

Loiste wrote:
Principals from Red Bull Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing both denied interest in providing equipment for next week’s race for Raikkonen
:<>: I can't understand why Kimi is a persona non grata for RB. What did Kimi do last year to deserve such careless treatment from RB.

Yep, Perky Jerky is smart enough to sponsor Kimi. It's not a well-known brand in the States that you won't find it in Walmart/Kroger or most local groceries. And Kimi got them lots of international and domestic exposure yesterday!
I can understand why RB doesn't sponsor Kimi for WRC. It's a dying sport that with zero media exposure.
Red Bull should consider to sponsor Kimi for NASCAR. He's more attractive than most of domestic drivers.

Hamer
car driver
car driver

Post by Hamer » 21 May 2011, 16:57

Kimi is driving next weekend!
Nemechek's nationwide car + their and Busch's crew together = everything is possible in America :)

As long Kimi stays cool as was this weekend, not making fool mistakes, it seems like everything works as he wishes! Top man Iceman :thumbsup:

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 21 May 2011, 17:39

arale wrote: Red Bull should consider to sponsor Kimi for NASCAR. He's more attractive than most of domestic drivers.

I'm with you there.

Perky Jerky tries to spred it's product onto american market so why do you think that Kimi is the best person to help them in this way? He is not too popular in USA...Media talks a lot but Kimi is nemo for the most american fans of racing...

RB knows that half of Europe was watching Kimi's race, he did very well - but they are still not interesded in support. :(

ps. Respect to Perky Jerky , kbm AND NEMCO Motorsports! :drool:

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 21 May 2011, 17:50

glad kimi did well in the truck race. the big test will be next weekend. hope kimi can do well

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 21 May 2011, 18:12

Damn I missed the race..

I was up till 3am IST.. should have slept early and woke up early...
I guess Kimi enjoyed racing once again!! :cool: :cool:

Kimi the ICEMAN does it again...
:D

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 May 2011, 18:32

Hi-res:

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 21 May 2011, 19:02

Hey guys. I put together a review of yesterdays eventful NASCAR truck race. I am so proud of Kimi. Hope you will give it a read :)

Link: http://desdirodeabike.wordpress.com/201 ... charlotte/
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 21 May 2011, 19:37

Loiste wrote:

As far as I know, those teams simply doesn't have avaiable cars. Next year might be a different case
In Red Bull's case one thing is sponsorship, and another is giving him a place in their own team. Sponsoring him personally instead of hire him as a driver might have upsides too. He's not bound to them, free to try things out, choose whatever he wants .
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 21 May 2011, 19:43

Soren wrote:Hey guys. I put together a review of yesterdays eventful NASCAR truck race. I am so proud of Kimi. Hope you will give it a read :)

Link: http://desdirodeabike.wordpress.com/201 ... charlotte/
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Vers
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Vers » 21 May 2011, 20:18

Loiste wrote: Perky Jerky tries to spred it's product onto american market so why do you think that Kimi is the best person to help them in this way? He is not too popular in USA...Media talks a lot but Kimi is nemo for the most american fans of racing...
If you watched the practice sessions for example then you know why :O

Kimi got easily more TV time than any other driver.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 May 2011, 21:20

Vers wrote:
Loiste wrote: Perky Jerky tries to spred it's product onto american market so why do you think that Kimi is the best person to help them in this way? He is not too popular in USA...Media talks a lot but Kimi is nemo for the most american fans of racing...
If you watched the practice sessions for example then you know why :O

Kimi got easily more TV time than any other driver.
Perky Jerky definitely got their advertising bang for the buck this weekend. Even if a NASCAR fan didn't know who Kimi was, it still benefits Perky Jerky to see their brand plastered all over the TV screens constantly.