The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by sleenster » 23 May 2011, 17:54

More pics (no facebook account needed):
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0781761939

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 23 May 2011, 17:55

Oops forgot to post this here :blush:

NASCAR Camping World Truck 2011 Series - Round 7: Charlotte, North Carolina - Qualifying

Download it here: http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?p=256014#p256014

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 23 May 2011, 18:22

There also is speculation Raikkonen will make his Sprint Cup debut next month at the road course in Sonoma, Calif.

http://captainthunderracing.com/modules ... =0&thold=0

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 23 May 2011, 19:27

Kimi Raikkonen To Make NASCAR Nationwide Series Debut At Charlotte
by Jeff Gluck • May 23, 2011 2:52 PM EDT

Kimi Raikkonen is moving up the NASCAR ladder rather quickly, it appears.

After Raikkonen made a solid NASCAR debut in Friday's Truck Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, the former Formula One champion is already headed for the Nationwide Series, according to the Top Gear 300's entry list.

Raikkonen is entered in Joe Nemechek's No. 87 car, and the car is already locked into the field (there are 46 entries). Nemechek, who is running for Nationwide Series points this season, will attempt the race in the No. 97 car instead.

The car is apparently being prepared by Kyle Busch Motorsports – it's been housed at the KBM shop, according to Busch. But Busch insisted to reporters this weekend that he didn't own the car, so it makes sense that Nemechek is actually the owner.

How is Raikkonen moving up so quickly, you ask? Follow the dollar signs. The Finland native brought money to the KBM truck and apparently had plans all along to drive in the Nationwide race during his trip to America.

So far, it's gone well. Raikkonen seemed comfortable in the Truck race and finished 15th – though, as NASCAR fans know, the competition gets much tougher in the upper levels.

It's unclear whether Raikkonen will stick around and drive more races this season, but he already has an eye on making a Sprint Cup start or two if his NASCAR plans stay on track.
http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2011/5/2 ... ormula-one

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 May 2011, 20:17

Entry List of Nascar Nationwide CMS 2011 :

So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 24 May 2011, 14:01

Does anyone know what time is practice, quali & race this Saturday?
Thanks.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 24 May 2011, 14:17

icemaid wrote:Does anyone know what time is practice, quali & race this Saturday?
Thanks.
It's:

Practice 1: Thursday at 2 p.m.
Practice 2: Thursday at 5:10 p.m.

Qualy: Saturday at 10 a.m.
Race: Saturday at 2:30 p.m.

All these are local time (Eastern summer time), I don't know how to translate it to your time, Icemaid.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 May 2011, 14:27

Mar wrote:
icemaid wrote:Does anyone know what time is practice, quali & race this Saturday?
Thanks.
It's:

All these are local time (Eastern summer time), I don't know how to translate it to your time, Icemaid.
I hope there will be live streaming of it, the practices are broadcast on Speed TV but qualifying and the race are being broadcast on ESPN 2 and ABC :confused:
http://www.nascar.com/races/tune_in/

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 24 May 2011, 14:31

Mar wrote:
Thanks.
It's:

Thanks Mar! :hug:

I'm 12 hrs ahead of US.
So it would be 2am & 5am for practice, :blink:
10pm for quali :) & 2.30am for the race. :blink:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 May 2011, 15:02

Montoya praises Raikkonen's debut

By Diego Mejia
Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 05:42 GMT

Juan Pablo Montoya praised Kimi Raikkonen's performance on his NASCAR debut last weekend and does not anticipate that the Finn will have much trouble quickly stepping up the stock car ladder.

The Colombian followed the debut of his former McLaren Formula 1 team-mate closely, even offering advice during practice and ahead of the race - and admitting they probably talked more than they ever did during their time in F1.

Before Raikkonen ran at Charlotte, Montoya had said he would not choose the mile-and-a-half venue for a start in NASCAR but following Friday's race he said the Finn showed he could adapt quickly not only to the car and track but also to the different style of racing, despite a few brushes with the wall.

"Kimi did really good," said Montoya. "I thing it's good that the trucks are a bit flexible and the noses don't push in the fenders like we do [in Cup] but I think overall he did a good job. He learned a lot. It's funny because he started in the back and [was] patient, he'll start getting it. I think when you follow people you learn what they do and you can pick it up a lot faster."

Montoya remembered how he got plenty of help and support from rivals when he landed in NASCAR in 2006 and said he wanted to show the same kind of support to Raikkonen as he understood what the 2007 F1 world champion was facing at the start of his NASCAR foray.

Their meeting in practice last Friday at Charlotte was their first encounter since they retired on the first lap of the 2006 US Grand Prix after a multi-car pile up in what turned out to be Montoya's final outing in F1.

"It was more the team than him you know, telling them why is he so loose and why is he struggling," said Montoya. "Our driving styles were a little bit different in Formula 1 but I know what I would like out of a car... I just went to say hi and see how he was doing. People did it to me here and I was really shocked so if I can help, I'll lend my hand."

The Colombian says Raikkonen moving to NASCAR full-time will depend on how much he likes it and believes the first impression of the racing can be an eye-opening one. Raikkonen admitted following his debut that the racing part was better than what he expected, as he moved up from 31st on the grid to finish 15th.

"It depends if he likes it, I don't know how much fun he had [on Friday]," said Montoya when asked about the chances of seeing Raikkonen making a full-time move. "I think it's shocking at the beginning of the races - once you race around so many people all the time it's like 'wow! Haven't done that in a while, or ever', you know?"

Montoya doesn't anticipate Raikkonen having much difficulty in stepping up to the Nationwide Series next weekend, as he is already in the preliminary entry list for Saturday's event at Charlotte where he is set to drive a NEMCO Motorsports Toyota prepared by Kyle Busch Motorsports.

"I think [the car] would be very similar [to the truck], but it depends on what car he's in. I don't know, I've never driven a [current] Nationwide car but I think if he has a decent car he should be fine."

Montoya's first Nationwide Series outing was his third stock car race after competing twice in the ARCA Series. Driving at Memphis for Chip Ganassi's outfit, he started the event from ninth and crossed the finish line in 11th place and on the lead lap.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91684

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 May 2011, 16:49

Press Release

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information
Phone: 646-369-4044
Email: mikep@modernmessage.com

KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN RETURNS TO NASCAR THIS WEEKEND FOR HIS DEBUT IN THE NATIONWIDE SERIES AFTER A SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THE CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES

Perky Jerky Reveals Paint Scheme for Kimi Räikkönen’s No. 87 Toyota

DENVER, CO. (May 24, 2011) Perky Jerky, the ultra-premium jerky flavored with a hint of guarana that’s quickly gaining fame around the world, unveiled today the paint scheme set to adorn the No. 87 Toyota Nationwide Series race car that Kimi Räikkönen will race in his return to NASCAR this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This race will mark Räikkönen’s second NASCAR performance in as many weeks, with Perky Jerky as the primary sponsor.

On May 20th, Räikkönen made his first appearance in NASCAR when he competed in the Camping World Truck Series. Amidst a crush of media and international fans, the Finnish racer qualified 31st in the field and piloted his truck to complete the race in 15th position, an epic performance for his first time in a NASCAR truck and on a speedway. Räikkönen described his first NASCAR experience as “fun”, and commented that he’s looking forward to another NASCAR performance, where he can put his first education into practice.

The NEMCO-owned No. 87 Perky Jerky Toyota will be assembled, managed and fielded by Kyle Busch Motorsports on behalf of Perky Jerky.

“Last week, Kimi put on an incredibly impressive performance at Charlotte Motor Speedway by powering his Perky Jerky truck through half the pack”, said Brian Levin, Perky Jerky founder and chairman of the herd. “Now with one speedway race under his belt, the world will be watching as Kimi Räikkönen brings the No. 87 Perky Jerky Toyota to the finish line in first place.”

Already entrenched in NASCAR as the official and exclusive jerky of the Daytona 500, Perky Jerky has developed a marketing strategy that includes consumer sampling via Velcro suits, better known as the “jerk suit” and tasting opportunities via the “jerk bar”, a traveling sampling display, which has become a must-stop at many NASCAR events around the country.

Kimi Räikkönen’s first Nationwide Series appearance will be this Saturday, May 28th in the Top Gear 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The race will be broadcast live on ABC at 2:30 ET nationwide.

About Perky Jerky: Four years ago during a ski lift calamity, Perky Jerky’s founders spilled energy drink all over their stash of beef jerky. Stranded, hungry and 40-feet off the ground, they ate the soaked jerky and realized they were on to something. Three years in the kitchen and hundreds of homemade jerky recipes later, Perky Jerky was perfected and launched in 2009. In less than two years, Perky Jerky has quickly reached stratospheric levels of popularity amongst athletes, moms, students, troops and truckers alike. Perky Jerky can be found at many retailers across the country, including Home Depot, 7-Eleven, Publix, Target, Sports Authority and many other fine retailers. Keep up with Perky Jerky on Facebook and on Twitter

To learn More about Perky Jerky, visit http://www.perkyjerky.com

To learn more about Kimi Räikkönen, visit http://www.kimiraikkonen.com.
http://www.perkyjerky.com/kimi-release/

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 May 2011, 16:51

I hope they're joking :blink:
perkyjerky wrote: Kimi loves perky jerky.. We had to fill up his bus several times a day:)
http://twitter.com/#!/perkyjerky/status ... 0576366593

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 May 2011, 17:01

Kimi Raikkonen tests Sprint Cup car

By Marty Smith
ESPN
Kimi Raikkonen is wasting no time acclimating himself to NASCAR.
Raikkonen, the 2007 Formula One world champion who finished 15th in his Camping World Truck Series debut Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway, spent Tuesday testing a Sprint Cup car for Robby Gordon Motorsports at Virginia International Raceway.

"I called Robby because Kimi wanted to test a Cup car," said Todd Hirschfeld, who is managing Raikkonen's racing effort in the United States. "It worked out because Robby had another obligation. So Kimi is taking care of the car today, and Robby will show up tomorrow.

"And it's up to Kimi whether he stays tomorrow, heads back to Finland or stays to run the Nationwide race Saturday at Charlotte," he said.

Raikkonen has reportedly committed to running Saturday's Nationwide event, but Hirschfeld says otherwise.

"I've seen the story where he's committed to run the Nationwide race at Charlotte, but he has not told me personally whether he'll do it or not," Hirschfeld said. "There's a car and team ready to go, but Kimi himself has not yet committed.

"He's taking this whole experience day by day," Hirschfeld said. "I was told before I started working with him, but this is the truth -- Kimi does what Kimi wants to do."
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cu ... id=6583656

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 24 May 2011, 17:01

Kimi did great @ Nascar trucks. First time I could actually watch a whole NASCAR race. I will watch Nationwide if he does that of course.

He did some great interviews - he speaks more fluently than he used to also - which is expected, at least by me. But I couldn't believe he was still saying: "I never said I wouldn't ever return to F1" LOL...he will wiggle that treat before his fans eyes for years to come :p Anyway, fun times with Kimi trying out various motorsports - he is rounding out my education! :thumbsup:
Last edited by bourbon on 24 May 2011, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 24 May 2011, 17:08

sleenster wrote:
Press Release

KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN RETURNS TO NASCAR THIS WEEKEND FOR HIS DEBUT IN THE NATIONWIDE SERIES AFTER A SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THE CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
Kriss wrote:
Kimi Raikkonen tests Sprint Cup car

Raikkonen has reportedly committed to running Saturday's Nationwide event, but Hirschfeld says otherwise.

"I've seen the story where he's committed to run the Nationwide race at Charlotte, but he has not told me personally whether he'll do it or not," Hirschfeld said. "There's a car and team ready to go, but Kimi himself has not yet committed.

"He's taking this whole experience day by day," Hirschfeld said. "I was told before I started working with him, but this is the truth -- Kimi does what Kimi wants to do."
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cu ... id=6583656
:blink:
Does he or does he not?
Kimi! :<>: