Rally Jordan 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally Jordan 2011

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Apr 2011, 16:45

But I think that if they would cancel the whole they would have written it! But they just said the first "etappe" so I think they mean stage :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Apr 2011, 16:45

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Strange :confused: Maybe he doesn´t have to be there any more?

Etappe means stage :) At least I think that they mean stage! :confused:
Claudie, you’re getting me all confused! Image (joking! :hug: )

I’m almost sure Etappe is "leg" and WP is "stage" :confused: And the photo on the left says "Der erste Tag der Rallye Jordanien fällt aus" :fear:

Nevermind, I can't find any confirmation about this anywhere and wrc.com is simply down. I keep hoping somebody in Rally-Magazin got it terribly wrong

PS. I think Kimi is using his "contacts" in the FIA to get rid of all the press conferences. :p

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Apr 2011, 16:48

Mar wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Strange :confused: Maybe he doesn´t have to be there any more?

Etappe means stage At least I think that they mean stage!
Claudie, you’re getting me all confused! Image (joking! :hug: )

I’m almost sure Etappe is "leg" and WP is "stage" :confused: And the photo on the left says "Der erste Tag der Rallye Jordanien fällt aus" :fear:

Nevermind, I can't find any confirmation about this anywhere and wrc.com is simply down. I keep hoping somebody in Rally-Magazin got it terribly wrong

PS. I think Kimi is using his "contacts" in the FIA to get rid of all the press conferences. :p
Hehe okay didn´t read the text of the picture! :( Yeah Wertungsprüfung mean stage! But Etappe means stage AND leg so this is really confusing :lol: :blush:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 16:50

Now I am even more confused that before :lol:

But usually when they use leg in english it means day :(

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Apr 2011, 17:08

Etappe could be stage or leg so that isn't clear but like Mar said under the pic it says first day canceled :(

but strange that there isn't more news about that :confused:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Apr 2011, 17:30

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90648
Delays unlikely to halt Jordan Rally

By David Evans Monday, April 11th 2011, 16:58 GMT

Despite continued transport problems, the Jordan Rally is expected to go ahead as planned - with the recce starting on Tuesday morning in standard road cars.

The boat transporting the recce cars and all the teams' kit from Italy to Israel has been delayed by an engine problem, but is expected to dock just in time for the teams to make the event happen.

Arrival in Haifa is scheduled for 1400 local time tomorrow. The customs closes at 1900 tomorrow night, but paperwork for the transfer from the boat and into Israel is already being worked on. The earliest the kit is likely to arrive in the service park in the Dead Sea is around midnight tomorrow, leaving the teams just over 24 hours to build a service infrastructure which usually takes four days.

The only overseas team currently in the service park is British-based outfit Autotek, which runs Nasser Al Attiyah's Ford Fiesta S2000. Autotek shunned the route taken by the factory teams and went via Greece and Cyprus, arriving in Israel late last week.

Prodrive's Paul Howarth, in Jordan running Daniel Oliveira's Mini, admitted the service park looked a strange place this afternoon.

"There aren't many trucks down there, put it that way," said Howarth. "This week is going to be a challenge, there's no doubt about that – but that's what this sport is about."

Several of the drivers are known to have raised questions over the safety aspect of completing the recce in standard road cars when they usually use Group N rally cars. Howarth, however, said the roads in Jordan should not cause too many problems.

"There's only the Dead Sea stage which is a little bit rough," he said. "Otherwise, running standard 4x4s won't be a problem. A lot of the S2000 boys recce in these kind of cars all the time, it's not going to be a problem.

"It's the same with getting service set up. It's not too bad for us, but for Citroen and Ford, they've got a timeframe to work in and when it's a situation like that, everybody digs in an gets it done."

The recce will start with the cars running the tracking systems used in the FIA Middle East Rally Championship as the safety equipment is in the North One Sport trucks on the delayed boat.

A source added: "It's okay to say the boat's coming at two tomorrow, but nothing is set in stone here. And how long is it going to take to come through customs? Some of the mechanics arrived into the port the other day and took three hours to get their passports stamped. Things can take as long as somebody wants them to take around here.

"Until the trucks are parked in service and the cars are off the ground and being worked on, we should nothing for granted. And when those trucks are going to be there remains the big, big, question."

The Jordan Rally is schedule to start on Thursday morning. To qualify as a full round of the WRC, the organisers must run at least 66 per cent of the route. It is possible the opening day of the event could be cancelled and the necessary mileage made up by adding one stage to Friday or Saturday. It is believed the organisers are looking into the potential for revising the route for the fourth round of the series.
so it seems it isn't canceled... yet :fear:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 17:37

miezicat wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90648
The Jordan Rally is schedule to start on Thursday morning. To qualify as a full round of the WRC, the organisers must run at least 66 per cent of the route. It is possible the opening day of the event could be cancelled and the necessary mileage made up by adding one stage to Friday or Saturday. It is believed the organisers are looking into the potential for revising the route for the fourth round of the series.
:fear: :pray:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 17:46

Ok, so not only do they not have timing equipment they have no tyres as well :lol: :confused: and who knows how fast they can unload and transport this stuff even when it arrives because it's like another 150km from the port to the service park
The ship containing all the equipment, recce cars, MICHELIN tyres and North One trucks has yet to show up in the Israeli port of Haifa, despite being schedule to arrive on Monday morning. It is still somewhere in the Mediterranean, and the delay is expected to be at least 24 hours.
http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/201 ... ur-heroes/

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Apr 2011, 18:08

Oh, this is getting better and better by the minute :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Apr 2011, 18:11

Mar wrote:Oh, this is getting better and better by the minute :lol:
:O It's going to be very interesting

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 20:34

Some more background info about the problems from today's GP Week magazine:
Seems like Citroen is partly responsible for this :<>:

Image Image

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 12 Apr 2011, 00:26

Mar wrote: PS. I think Kimi is using his "contacts" in the FIA to get rid of all the press conferences. :p

Maybe his heart is somewhere else... :zz:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 12 Apr 2011, 05:59

icemaid wrote:
Mar wrote: PS. I think Kimi is using his "contacts" in the FIA to get rid of all the press conferences. :p
Maybe his heart is somewhere else... :zz
:blink: ohhhhh....where?

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 12 Apr 2011, 09:01

A tweet from WRCgerardquinn

Rally Jordan Organisers consider revised route. To qualify as a full round of the WRC, they must run at least 66 per cent of the route
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Apr 2011, 10:50

planetemarcus tweeted:
Some rumours indicated DAY1 Rally Jordan is cancelled.. to be continued..
:(