Rally Jordan 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally Jordan 2011

Post by dindi » 16 Apr 2011, 14:42

WTF? Is it over? Aargh! Just got from working all week! :(

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 16 Apr 2011, 14:42

miezicat wrote: welcome :)
got the full interview in the rerun now http://www.mediafire.com/?v3t1q43pt56yanb

btw Becs and Colin haven't realised yet that Kimi will not drive Rally d'Italia... Colin was saying he will try to get a longer interview with Kimi in Sardegna :( hope he will succeed in Greece then :thumbsup:

and Kimi's preview in Finnish is up now :lol:
I also noticed Becs and Colin were convinced Kimi was going to be in Sardinia. It's such a shame he's not going to be there, he's getting the rythm with the car and 9 weeks without rallying are going to hurt his driving :(

BTW, Kimi was today especially nice with Colin. When Colin went to search for him to the place where he had parked the car to change the pucture, I thought Kimi would punch him (that's what I would have done). But instead of that, he answered each one of Colin's questions, as good polite boys do. Is that the Nascar effect? Or has Kimi already discovered that Colin is very loud but doesn't bite? :blink:

Yep, the best moment to publish a preview is just after the rally ends. :lol:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 16 Apr 2011, 14:43

It is over *bawls*

But ooh! Kimi finished 6th!!! Happy happy joy joy! :::

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 16 Apr 2011, 14:49

dindi wrote:It is over *bawls*

But ooh! Kimi finished 6th!!! Happy happy joy joy! :::
He was 5th, but he had a puncture on the penultimate stage because of a huge rock that was on the middle of the road :(
Nevermind, he drove very well :) (except today morning, he was a snail then)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 16 Apr 2011, 14:52

dindi wrote:WTF? Is it over? Aargh! Just got from working all week! :(
Oh Jari-Mari, dindi :(

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 16 Apr 2011, 15:03

sleenster wrote:
Oh Jari-Mari, dindi :(
We will see in next rally :shhh:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 16 Apr 2011, 15:05

I know, Sleenie. I saw that he lost to Mr. Attitude Problem by just .2 :(

Mar: Such a shame!

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 16 Apr 2011, 15:22

Wow. Just heard the replay of his interview after the last stage. He was speaking clearly and he said it's his best drive so far, or one of his best drives! Nice.

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 16 Apr 2011, 16:59

Mar wrote: Is that the Nascar effect? Or has Kimi already discovered that Colin is very loud but doesn't bite? :blink:
I think Kimi used to Rally rules. Of course we could't expect that he would be so emotional as Jari-Matti but this year he speaks more often than last year... He gives detailed answer and I really have nothing to complain. :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 16 Apr 2011, 17:36

Missed you :( :hug:

BTW Kimi´s preview (!!!!) is up! :lol: (Courtesy of Wolfie :hug: )
Kimi Jordan Rally preview in Finnish

MORE THAN ENOUGH OF CHALLENGES

Okay, so I went to drive a NASCAR-test. It was completely super awesome. ( :blink: :lol: :shhh: )That serie is a completely different world and everything is new for us who are used to drive elsewhere. It's interesting and challenging to go there.

But now we are driving rally again. It is after all 'our thing' at the moment.

Jordan is one of the most trickiest gravel rallies. We were here last year so we have some kind of understanding over what we can expect this weekend. So far being in the same rally for the second time has helped us and it's 100% sure that we have an advantage of it in Jordan too.

I have a pleasant image from Portugal's gravel. Once we recovered from screwing up the setups - the whole front of the car was too high - the car felt good in the final games.

It's going to be exciting to see how it goes now. This rally is as challenging as challenging can be. The roads are hard gravel and loose sand. The weather is quite warm too. You don't seem to find any focusing points from the terrain. Fortunately I have learned to make and understand notes better and better all the time. They are really important in this rally.

They have warfare going on nearby but it's peaceful in Jordan. We all wish that the rally could be pulled through without any incidents.

Our goal is once again to get through the route without making any bad blunders. Last time we came in 8th in Jordan. They were our first points.

We are now going there to see if we can improve our position. It's going to be a tough twist since the group is so even at this point
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 16 Apr 2011, 17:56

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:BTW Kimi´s preview (!!!!) is up! :lol: (Courtesy of Wolfie :hug: )
:lol: in time...

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 16 Apr 2011, 19:33

I couldn't be on line either - early rally this round and I had to follow on my cell phone, lol. But AWESOME 6th! Great Job Kimi! :thumbsup: Flag:##
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 16 Apr 2011, 21:30

bourbon wrote:I couldn't be on line either - early rally this round and I had to follow on my cell phone, lol. But AWESOME 6th! Great Job Kimi! :thumbsup: Flag:##
Oh Gosh! I had a lot of difficulties to follow this rally, but I did the way I could... :confused: Anyway, I am here just to say I am really happy for the result today! Kimi and Kaj did a great great rally. Unfortunately he had the puncture but that doesn't change the fact he drove pretty well in this rally. Congrats to Kimi and Kaj! :shhh: :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 17 Apr 2011, 10:03

Good rally of Kimi, congratulations! I watched the special stage live on tv yesterday afternoon. Great to the the cars live!

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 17 Apr 2011, 15:53

Loiste wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:BTW Kimi´s preview (!!!!) is up! :lol: (Courtesy of Wolfie :hug: )
:lol: in time...
yes :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)