Rally de Portugal 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally de Portugal 2011

Post by Moominpappa » 27 Mar 2011, 19:03

Loiste wrote: Sorry, I just try to express my feelings from this Rally and explain why I cannot say :"wow, Kimi! Well done, boy!" as I did after Sweden 2011. :wave:
I agree you that after great rally in Sweden I thought also that Kimi could be more near the top guys here but we must also remember that Kimi was not in Mexico. He has less experience from new car than others. I am still hopeful that next rally goes as good as Sweden. I can't wait Kaj's opinion after this race.
I miss a babysitter

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Mar 2011, 19:57

Moominpappa wrote:
Loiste wrote: Sorry, I just try to express my feelings from this Rally and explain why I cannot say :"wow, Kimi! Well done, boy!" as I did after Sweden 2011. :wave:
I agree you that after great rally in Sweden I thought also that Kimi could be more near the top guys here but we must also remember that Kimi was not in Mexico. He has less experience from new car than others. I am still hopeful that next rally goes as good as Sweden. I can't wait Kaj's opinion after this race.
Moomin, if you find it somewhere please post it here :hug:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 27 Mar 2011, 21:21

Moominpappa wrote:
I didn't expect from him the same as in Sweden, because this race is clearly harder for the less experienced. We'll see it later in the year, but probably this is one of the places where we should see the smallest difference compared to his performance last year .
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 28 Mar 2011, 05:16

Mar wrote:Sleenieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
They're showing the power stage now in Nitro and they have a guest: Dani :)
Also German TV showed the Power stage in the evening ( I think 20.00 gmt ) :O
Last edited by Sébastien Loeb on 28 Mar 2011, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 28 Mar 2011, 05:36

Ice 1 Racing driver Raikkonen said: “I knew Petter would push like hell [on the last stage] but it was okay. We learned a lot with this car on this rally after just a little test. We improved the car, now we have to pick up the speed a bit.”

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Mar 2011, 16:39

WRC Rally Portugal: Petter Solberg and Kimi Raikkonen in the points

Petter Solberg and Chris Patterson, who were the best performers at the end of the Rally of Portugal, led the group of three Citroën DS3 WRCs that were entered by private teams and run with the back-up of Citroën Racing Technologies. They finished sixth, one place ahead of Kimi Raikkonen and Kaj Lindström in seventh. On their first appearance of the season, Peter van Merksteijn Jr and Eddy Chevaillier reached the finish.

Petter Solberg was extremely competitive from the very beginning, but lost all chance of winning at the end of the opening day. A double puncture on the front wheels meant that he was forced to retire from the opening day. The former World Champion re-started the following morning at an impressive pace, setting six fastest stage times and earning himself the title of best performer. By the finish he managed to climb back to sixth and score eight points in the World Rally Championship for drivers.

On his second Rally of Portugal, and his first appearance on gravel this year, Kimi Raikkonen drove a consistent rally from start to finish, steering clear of mistakes. He finished in seventh overall.

Peter van Merksteijn Jr made his Citroën DS3 WRC debut in Portugal. On his return to competition, the Dutch driver concentrated on getting to know his new car. Only a small engine problem after crossing a watersplash on the second day prevented him from driving all the stages. After rejoining the action on Sunday, he eventually finished in 22nd place.
http://www.rallybuzz.com/wrc-rally-port ... itroen-wp/

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 28 Mar 2011, 17:52

For those of you that are interested, my review of Kimis rally in Portugal :)
http://desdirodeabike.wordpress.com/201 ... ady-drive/
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Mar 2011, 18:19

Soren wrote:For those of you that are interested, my review of Kimis rally in Portugal :)
we are always interested in your blogs :thumbsup:
great writing as usual :C:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 Mar 2011, 19:28

Thanks Soren :)

Poor dude... (google translate)
Michael Orr: Two broken ribs for his 100th rally!

Khalid Al Qassimi and co-driver Michael Orr have reached the finish of the Rally of Portugal in fourteenth position, 27 minutes behind the winner, Sébastien Ogier.

Installed in the top 10 after the first stage following the arrest of Petter Solberg, the pilot complained that Emirates does the imbalance of his car early in the race. It would maintain its position in the area points to the ES11, where a collision with a large stone he lost any chance to finish higher than 14th place finally obtained.

"I was on the attack, because I want to become a better driver: the only way to do is take a little more risk in some corners," said Khalid Al Qassimi at the national press. " Unfortunately, it went wrong this time: we hit a rock damaging the car and made ​​us leave in six or seven head-to-tail. "

Absent from the last two stages of the second stage, following the breakdown of a suspension in the impact, Khalid Al Qassimi has returned for the final day of racing. Yet his co-pilot was not at his best form following the mishap of the day: Michael Orr suffers from two broken ribs, a cruel reward for his 100th WRC rally!

"It was to regain my confidence after what had happened," said the driver of Team Abu Dhabi. "I wanted to feel comfortable again with the car and I think we've achieved, without encounter additional problems. The rain has made ​​the last stage very slippery and it was not easy, but it was a useful day for us. "

Tenth car in the final standings of the race to be eligible for Lusitanian Constructors' Championship, the Ford Fiesta RS WRC Khalid Al Qassimi has a point which is in addition to the six taken down in Sweden. The crew could have claimed the ninth place in the final 15 minutes without penalties combined for three special unfinished or played Saturday.

Michael Orr made ​​his WRC debut in 1993 and was particularly the first officer of Antony Warmbold and Matthew Wilson. For three years he was associated with Khalid Al Qassimi.
http://rallye.automoto365.com/news/?lan ... ls&id=2908

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 28 Mar 2011, 20:06

Soren wrote:For those of you that are interested, my review of Kimis rally in Portugal :)
Very nice, thanks. Btw. You told there that Kimi was 5th in Jordan last year. In my mind it was in Turkey. But I remember well that rally Jordan was really hard for everyone.
I miss a babysitter

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 28 Mar 2011, 21:14

Thanks Soren
I like what you write :shhh: Flag:##

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 28 Mar 2011, 21:19

Moominpappa wrote:
Very nice, thanks. Btw. You told there that Kimi was 5th in Jordan last year. In my mind it was in Turkey. But I remember well that rally Jordan was really hard for everyone.
Right you are. I corrected this now. Thanks Moominpappa :)

Cheers Mr. Loeb :O
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Mar 2011, 17:01

Haven´t been home since saturday so I couldn´t follow the rally! BUt glaaaaad that Kimi finished seventh :) :) :) His pace might have been not the best but it´s already an improvement that he doesn´t make that many mistakes anymore :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 17:19

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Haven´t been home since saturday so I couldn´t follow the rally! BUt glaaaaad that Kimi finished seventh :) :) :) His pace might have been not the best but it´s already an improvement that he doesn´t make that many mistakes anymore :)
Saturday you said that you're going to the hair-dresser. It's Tuesday, is you hair ready? :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Mar 2011, 17:21

Kriss wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Haven´t been home since saturday so I couldn´t follow the rally! BUt glaaaaad that Kimi finished seventh :) :) :) His pace might have been not the best but it´s already an improvement that he doesn´t make that many mistakes anymore :)
Saturday you said that you're going to the hair-dresser. It's Tuesday, is you hair ready? :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:

Welcome back from the hairdresser Claudie :D