RallyRACC-Spain

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: RallyRACC-Spain

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 26 Oct 2010, 20:50

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:So I've been reading some rumours about Dani which I don't know whether they are true but apparently his father has a very large influence on his career and was the guy pulling the strings to replace Dani's codriver. Also, it seems like during the rally the Spanish media were reporting that Dani's (father?) was implying that Citroen gave him the wrong setup of the car on purpose so that they could sabotage his chances of winning. Then Citroen will be in a better position to negotiate with him for a new deal.

@Mar, have you heard anything like that? Or is this gutter press as usual?
I know Dani’s dad is very important in his career and he's usually at the end of the stages, but I don't know if he has really talked.

The rumours about Citroën playing around with Dani’s car are old (but don't forget Spain and France have never been good neighbours). I don’t really know to what extent they’re true. There were rumours about his co-driver since a while ago, most people knew that they barely were on speaking terms.

I have been taking a look to the last rumours in Spanish language. In papers and so there's almost nothing: a couple of little things in As (they talk about the "sabtage" in a headline, but they don't name in in the text) and nothing in Marca.

In forums: The people who were in Rally Catalunya are talking about Red Bull not wanting to sponsor the Junior Team. Citroën offering less to Sordo than they did a couple of months ago, and that story about Dani not getting a full season. The rumours about Solberg and Citroën. And they say Loeb has not signed for next season yet :blink: . Now, that’s a surprise!!!

I will follow the stories to see how much is true and how much is people just making things up.
some more rumours about kimi? :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Oct 2010, 20:57

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:So I've been reading some rumours about Dani which I don't know whether they are true but apparently his father has a very large influence on his career and was the guy pulling the strings to replace Dani's codriver. Also, it seems like during the rally the Spanish media were reporting that Dani's (father?) was implying that Citroen gave him the wrong setup of the car on purpose so that they could sabotage his chances of winning. Then Citroen will be in a better position to negotiate with him for a new deal.

I know Dani’s dad is very important in his career and he's usually at the end of the stages, but I don't know if he has really talked.

The rumours about Citroën playing around with Dani’s car are old (but don't forget Spain and France have never been good neighbours). I don’t really know to what extent they’re true. There were rumours about his co-driver since a while ago, most people knew that they barely were on speaking terms.

I have been taking a look to the last rumours in Spanish language. In papers and so there's almost nothing: a couple of little things in As (they talk about the "sabtage" in a headline, but they don't name in in the text) and nothing in Marca.

In forums: The people who were in Rally Catalunya are talking about Red Bull not wanting to sponsor the Junior Team. Citroën offering less to Sordo than they did a couple of months ago, and that story about Dani not getting a full season. The rumours about Solberg and Citroën. And they say Loeb has not signed for next season yet :blink: . Now, that’s a surprise!!!

I will follow the stories to see how much is true and how much is people just making things up.
Thanks Mar :hug:

One thing I noticed is that reading some of the Spanish forums is that I've seen quite a few people say that they think Dani should join Ford :blink:. I'm not sure why though. Maybe they think he will be treated more fairly there or something? But, first of all, Ford have denied that they are negotiating/ever made an offer to Dani.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 26 Oct 2010, 21:00

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Mar wrote:

some more rumours about kimi? :lol:
Errrr… I was searching for things about Dani and… :blush:

I know there was a comment about Kimi but, what was it? Image
I think it was: Citroën is thinking about 3 official cars, one for Loeb, another for Ogier and another for Solberg. Solberg would not count for manufacturers points (like Al Qassimi for Ford). The two Junior cars would be for Dani and Kimi. Whoever wrote that was sure Kimi was getting a Citroën.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Oct 2010, 21:06

Oh, I just remembered! I was listening to an interview with Petter Solberg world rally team boss but I don't remember if it was on TotalRally.com or WRR :(. He said that they spent a lot of time building up the Petter Solberg World Rally Team and if they were to drive for a manufacturer, they would have to dismantle their existing team and use the personnel and facilities of the manufacturer team. He sounded like that they were not keen to do that so it seemed to me that they were trying their best to remain as a privateer.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 26 Oct 2010, 21:08

sleenster wrote:
Mar wrote:

Thanks Mar :hug:

One thing I noticed is that reading some of the Spanish forums is that I've seen quite a few people say that they think Dani should join Ford :blink:. I'm not sure why though. Maybe they think he will be treated more fairly there or something? But, first of all, Ford have denied that they are negotiating/ever made an offer to Dani.
so we are speculating Dani in the spanisch thread :lol: thanx mar for the information

Wilson stated this weekend that they are still (always ) looking for possibilities to strengthening the team but they have to be on a commercial basis to fit the budget (atlest at the moment) so Danis changes to get better deal at Ford are slim... but i understand their logic because it looks like he is going to be forever nr two in citroen.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Oct 2010, 21:13

Anyway Malcolm Wilson is not interested in a driver unless they are a pay driver :roll::. As far as I know, the only drivers who are not pay drivers in Ford are the two Finnish boys and five-year-plan. Wilson has been taking money from whoever wants a Ford car, i.e. Villagra, H Solberg, Duval, Al Qassimi, Block, Turan, etc etc. Just putting in anybody who can pay for a car is not going to make their team stronger.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 26 Oct 2010, 21:15

sleenster wrote: Thanks Mar :hug:

There’re several reasons.
First thing is that, as I said before, Spain and France have never been good neighbours. Traditionally, the French have thought that we are second class human beings and Spaniards have thought that French are *****beep*****. Of course these are myths, but they’re there.

Here we have a French team with an incredible French champion and a Spanish boy. Dani has never won a rally yet, but he has never been allowed. For example, last season, Dani had to let Loeb win in Rally Catalunya.

And then comes another French boy (Ogier) and he’s allowed to fight and win rallies. At the same time, Dani had problems with his car in several occasions, while neither Loeb nor Ogier had that problem (Kimi has, but everybody forgets him when thinking about these things), therefore: conspiracy theories.

Most people think that if Dani stays in Citroën he will be forced to play #2 to Ogier once Loeb retires (as Julia says), because Ogier is French and Dani is Spanish.

That’s why people want Dani to go to Ford.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 26 Oct 2010, 21:18

sleenster wrote:Anyway Malcolm Wilson is not interested in a driver unless they are a pay driver :roll::. As far as I know, the only drivers who are not pay drivers in Ford are the two Finnish boys and five-year-plan. Wilson has been taking money from whoever wants a Ford car, i.e. Villagra, H Solberg, Duval, Al Qassimi, Block, Turan, etc etc. Just putting in anybody who can pay for a car is not going to make their team stronger.
... mmmm everything has to be on commercial basis....the most fascinating that as I understood it even jari-mari was a pay driver his first year/years in the MAIN team. I dont know if he is anymore this year but .... and the you wonder why they dont succeed..

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 26 Oct 2010, 21:19

Julia wrote:so we are speculating Dani in the spanisch thread :lol: thanx mar for the information

Wilson stated this weekend that they are still (always ) looking for possibilities to strengthening the team but they have to be on a commercial basis to fit the budget (atlest at the moment) so Danis changes to get better deal at Ford are slim... but i understand their logic because it looks like he is going to be forever nr two in citroen.
Poor Dani, he doesn't even get his own speculation thread :lol: .

I think that's his problem, somehow he always manages to remain in the background and is never the protagonist. :confused:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 26 Oct 2010, 21:24

Julia wrote:
sleenster wrote:Anyway Malcolm Wilson is not interested in a driver unless they are a pay driver :roll::. As far as I know, the only drivers who are not pay drivers in Ford are the two Finnish boys and five-year-plan. Wilson has been taking money from whoever wants a Ford car, i.e. Villagra, H Solberg, Duval, Al Qassimi, Block, Turan, etc etc. Just putting in anybody who can pay for a car is not going to make their team stronger.
... mmmm everything has to be on commercial basis....the most fascinating that as I understood it even jari-mari was a pay driver his first year/years in the MAIN team. I dont know if he is anymore this year but .... and the you wonder why they dont succeed..
Yeah, I've heard something like that, that both Mikko and Jari-Mari were actually pay drivers before actually, but I don't really know all the details about it. But it has something to do with their manager, Timo Jouhki, who is apparently some very rich dude in Finland and he has invested a lot of money to help Finnish drivers.
Last edited by sleenster on 26 Oct 2010, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 26 Oct 2010, 21:25

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:so we are speculating Dani in the spanisch thread :lol: thanx mar for the information

Poor Dani, he doesn't even get his own speculation thread :lol: .

I think that's his problem, somehow he always manages to remain in the background and is never the protagonist. :confused:

...mmm... Dani seem to have a little bit of a massa/barichello syndrome... I so hope that he would have the guts to brake from the safe citroen and find a seat in one f the new teams which are hopefully coming in the next years.... it wold probably make good to him.

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 27 Oct 2010, 10:47

and Citroen has at least 1 driver in CJ who can take points from Ford factory team :zz:
sleenster wrote:Yeah, I've heard something like that, that both Mikko and Jari-Mari were actually pay drivers before actually, but I don't really know all the details about it.
pay drivers in factory team?
in Stobart I think J-M surely was some kind of a pay-driver... like Ogier this year :O

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Oct 2010, 16:00

Lunna wrote: pay drivers in factory team?
in Stobart I think J-M surely was some kind of a pay-driver... like Ogier this year :O
@Lunna
Off-Topic: show
Yes, pay drivers in Ford factory team :blink:. But, like I've said, I don't know all the details and I don't know how much of it is actually true. I don't mean pay drivers in the sense where they pay out of their own pocket to drive, but in the sense where their manager is very rich and is apparently very good at negotiating sponsorship deals for his drivers (something similar to Kimi and Red Bull, except that MH and JM are not rookies)

Again, these are only rumours that I have read, I'm not sure whether to believe those rumours though, because a non-Finnish person posted them on a forum and all the Finnish members went berserk and were saying it was nonsense because it implied that Mikko and Jari-Mari didn't deserve their seats.

But regardless of whether they were pay drivers or not once upon a time, I think they've driven well enough such that it's not obvious that they are pay drivers even if they actually are, so it makes people question whether those rumours are true. If they drove like five-year-plan in the factory team, then everyone will surely know that something is up because their performance will not be up to par for a factory team.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 Oct 2010, 14:02

Thank you very very much everyone for your nice thoughts about me during the rally. It really means a lot. If only I could have come here during last weekend for some comforting words. My weekend surely have been much much better. As I feel absolutely happy now and I'm in good mood thanks to your wonderful words! :hug:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:At least Kinga didn´t go there just to see the rally but also to spend here holiday there! Shame about the book :(

I feel more sorry for a friends of Kinga! She flew to Spain today just for the rally
To be honest I went there because of the rally. It's just we included sightseeing in Tarragona, Montserrat and Barcelona between the rally. I could have gone there in a much better period when one can swim in the sea. :) And actually the whole thing ruined my holiday because before the rally I couldn't think of anything else than how do I manage to give the book to Kimi and after the accident you know already how I've felt.
Linda-Anne wrote: I am so worried for Kinga, my heart goes out to her, she has made her book and now unless we get a miracle she will miss out on the chance to give it to him. I cant imagine how sad she will be feeling. As much as we all love Kimi, this time I feel we should all be sending our love and thoughts out to Kinga as this will have hit her hardest.
Wolfie wrote: But I agree, tons and tons and tons of happy thoughts to Kinga-dear, she is so genuine that this will crush her :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thank you so much! :hug:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 28 Oct 2010, 14:07

sleenster wrote:Oh, I just remembered! I was listening to an interview with Petter Solberg world rally team boss but I don't remember if it was on TotalRally.com or WRR :(. He said that they spent a lot of time building up the Petter Solberg World Rally Team and if they were to drive for a manufacturer, they would have to dismantle their existing team and use the personnel and facilities of the manufacturer team. He sounded like that they were not keen to do that so it seemed to me that they were trying their best to remain as a privateer.
One reason why Citroen might have interest to keep Petter as a privateer is that he has unlimited test amount unlike factory teams.