Kimi- and WRC-articles by Heikki Kulta/Turun Sanomat

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi- and WRC-articles by Heikki Kulta/Turun Sanomat

Post by SpaMaster » 16 Nov 2010, 05:26

One thing to remember is Kimi and Massa had vastly different driving styles. Alonso and Massa have more similar driving styles comparatively. F2007 was not built with Kimi in mind. May be if Kimi had been with Ferrari without the suspension problem in 2008, he would have been two times WDC, and Dyer/Stella would have slowly convinced Ferrari's development engineers to make a car to Kimi's liking. Massa was also political unlike Kimi. But Massa is also very much a confidence driver. Once that confidence was gone, he was not his strong self. Because sometimes Massa was qualifying below Force India, Mercedes, Renault, etc. That Ferrari was not that slow. A combination of many factors have pulled down Massa's performance, but Alonso's personality and similar driving style is on top of them.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 16 Nov 2010, 06:47

SpaMaster wrote:One thing to remember is Kimi and Massa had vastly different driving styles. Alonso and Massa have more similar driving styles comparatively. F2007 was not built with Kimi in mind. May be if Kimi had been with Ferrari without the suspension problem in 2008, he would have been two times WDC, and Dyer/Stella would have slowly convinced Ferrari's development engineers to make a car to Kimi's liking. Massa was also political unlike Kimi. But Massa is also very much a confidence driver. Once that confidence was gone, he was not his strong self. Because sometimes Massa was qualifying below Force India, Mercedes, Renault, etc. That Ferrari was not that slow. A combination of many factors have pulled down Massa's performance, but Alonso's personality and similar driving style is on top of them.
+ 10000000000

To the bold part: I'm more than convinced that Kimi would have been a 2 times world champion by the end of 2008. :O That way the year 2009 wouldn't have turned out how it did.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 16 Nov 2010, 08:15

On James Allen's site, there were a few people who now actually believe that kimi was kicked out by domenicalli as soon as he took the helm at ferrari. It had nothing to do with kimi's mojo etc. Now they cannot kick alonso (becos they kicked kimi for fonzi) for not summoning his great big "talent" when it was required, they blame it on the team. I feel so much happier now...

PS. I still have nothing against alosno but he is unfortunate that he is in the team which I promise to "love" and "support" for the rest of domenicalli's tenure! :O
The JINX

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 16 Nov 2010, 08:30

brendakarli wrote: PS. I still have nothing against alosno but he is unfortunate that he is in the team which I promise to "love" and "support" for the rest of domenicalli's tenure! :O
:lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Nov 2010, 11:56

SpaMaster wrote:One thing to remember is Kimi and Massa had vastly different driving styles. Alonso and Massa have more similar driving styles comparatively. F2007 was not built with Kimi in mind. May be if Kimi had been with Ferrari without the suspension problem in 2008, he would have been two times WDC, and Dyer/Stella would have slowly convinced Ferrari's development engineers to make a car to Kimi's liking. Massa was also political unlike Kimi. But Massa is also very much a confidence driver. Once that confidence was gone, he was not his strong self. Because sometimes Massa was qualifying below Force India, Mercedes, Renault, etc. That Ferrari was not that slow. A combination of many factors have pulled down Massa's performance, but Alonso's personality and similar driving style is on top of them.
I have to say that it seems like the sentence was given maybe even in 2007 and no matter what Kimi would have done his days were numbered there.

But it had to be justified and we all know and remember how painful that was when the majority was screaming the opinion of the Italian and Spanish media (and Ferrari-bosses) which led to us having to defend him for eating one freaking ice cream :roll::

Now all of a sudden a handgesture is blown out of proportions by 'haters' :roll::
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL