Jari-Matti Latvala

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Jari-Mari thread

Post by sleenster » 04 Aug 2010, 16:19

Arli Racegirl wrote:I think that just one name but actually his real name is Jari-Matti.
Hey guys, tell me why Jari-Mari? I am curious :D
Actually I have no idea either :lol:

I saw some other people doing it and I thought it was funny so I adopted it too. In fact, there has been other variations like Jari-Marjaana. Basically, take any female Finnish name and stick it after Jari :lol:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 04 Aug 2010, 16:46

Wolfie wrote:Kinga, just wait for the rest of the interviews, man they went hard on him on MTV3 last year after Poland :(
I was referring to the fact that Kimi wants to win always and 2nd or 3rd place is not enough! Just like what Jari-Matti said. :)
dindi wrote: Redstorm: Haha they're all pretty much for Kimi. I'm the weird one going for the goober-looking dude here.
... and I'm for Kaj too... :blush:

We call him Jari-Mari because Kimi and Kaj said this when they were talking about him. I think it's a cute joke, nothing else. :)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Aug 2010, 17:01

oh i had no idea i misspelled his name, sorry,any way i still like him,and he is my #2driver
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Aug 2010, 17:14

Kinga wrote: I was referring to the fact that Kimi wants to win always and 2nd or 3rd place is not enough! Just like what Jari-Matti said. :)
But in every other way besides that, Kimi and Jari-Mari are completely opposite :lol:

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 04 Aug 2010, 17:21

Thanks @sleenster and @Kinga for the explanation :thumbsup:
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

Vers
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Vers » 04 Aug 2010, 17:25

In Finland he is often called Jari-Mari, Jari-Marjaana and whatever because he is, well, a bit girlish, and he always used to cry like a girl when he crashed :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Aug 2010, 17:27

Vers wrote:In Finland he is often called Jari-Mari, Jari-Marjaana and whatever because he is, well, a bit girlish, and he always used to cry like a girl when he crashed :)
Awwwwwwww that is heartbreaking :(

He wears his heart on his sleeve (I know that is very un-Finnishlike, but I find it adorable)

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 05 Aug 2010, 02:37

It is adorable, Sleen :D
Kinga wrote:We call him Jari-Mari because Kimi and Kaj said this when they were talking about him. I think it's a cute joke, nothing else. :)
Tsk tsk! Kaitsu and Kimi picking on my Jari-mari :<>:
Arli Racegirl wrote:I was near the Ford service on the morning of Saturday. I got an autograph from him and after he back to me and asked my pen. He said "can I borrow your pen, please?" I got so nervous heheh. Then he wrote "to top" and his signature in finnish in a Finland flag. He is lovely.
Oh, what a polite gentleman :)

Awww... that he's a bit of a crybaby doesn't turn me off one bit.

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 05 Aug 2010, 02:45

Vers wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfoAZLMivk0 Nice celebrations :lol:
Kiitos, Vers! Oh, he was sooo cute in the end, during the champagne spraying... cowering like a little boy.
Off-Topic: show
This is sickening. I find whatever he does cute. I bet if he picked his nose with three fingers I'd still find it cute.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 05 Aug 2010, 06:24

Because I am such an evil enabler of dindi :lol: .........

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 05 Aug 2010, 06:46

sleenster wrote: He wears his heart on his sleeve (I know that is very un-Finnishlike, but I find it adorable)
One of the reasons why I like him! :)

Dindi, do not worry, I find everything about Jari-Matti cute too!! :O

Btw, Kimi is polite too, he also told my friend that he would give her pen back! You know that was our luck that he searched for us in the crowd when he finished the signing! That was when I asked him for the photo. :O

Loeb on the other hand stolen my pen! :lol:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 05 Aug 2010, 07:35

Sebastien Loeb, tsk tsk tsk. A pen thief! We should take him to the World Motorsport Council, Kinga! :lol:

Sleen, I do appreciate that you are enabling me even if it's bad for my psychological health. LOL. Thank you!!! :hug:

Raaaaaaaaawr!!!
I wonder if, when I go to a rally and show up at the Ford tent, wait for Jari-Mari to come and when he comes, ask for a photograph then kiss him on the cheek... I wonder if he's gonna punch me in the face... :huh:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 05 Aug 2010, 07:41

dindi wrote:Sebastien Loeb, tsk tsk tsk. A pen thief! We should take him to the World Motorsport Council, Kinga! :lol:
You can't imagine how funny the situation was. He signed his signature for me and I wanted to get my pen back, I touched the pen but he was holding it in his hand strongly and other people came closer to him to sign for them too and I still wanted to get it back but he was holding it and started to run away LOL and then I realised that I won't get it back!! :lol:
dindi wrote:Image
Raaaaaaaaawr!!!
Soo raaaaawr for Jari-Mari too!!!! Not just for Kimi? Oh, Dindi... :p

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 05 Aug 2010, 07:44

Sorry, I know... I'm a two-timer... JM looks so aggressive in that pic. Please forgive me.

Finnish friends,
would it be criminal if I hugged Jari-Mari? What do you think? Oh no, I'm obsessed with the idea now...

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 05 Aug 2010, 07:53

Oh my DD what did happen to you? :blink: :( I guess that Kimi is boiling with jealousy at home! :roll:: Poor thingy :( :hug:

:lol: :O
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)