Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 307
Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 07:09

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Soren » 09 Jul 2010, 12:30

ReAlien wrote:
realms wrote:no more stages today right ?
Wrong!
SS4 Belmeken Lake 2 27.57 9/7/10 16:10:00 TO RUN

So how long til it starts - considering the local time?
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

User avatar
ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 515
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 21:07
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 12:30

apple wrote:
ReAlien wrote:About that tire thing - I didn't get it as I don't know the tire regulations in WRC. How will he benefit from choosing soft tires in SS3 in case if it rains in SS4?

They cant change the tyres anymore.
But how soft tires will help him in case of rain if they cannot change the tires in SS4? :confused: How soft tires might be better in rain than hard ones?
Last edited by ReAlien on 09 Jul 2010, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

User avatar
ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 515
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 21:07
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 12:31

Soren wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
realms wrote:no more stages today right ?
Wrong!
SS4 Belmeken Lake 2 27.57 9/7/10 16:10:00 TO RUN

So how long til it starts - considering the local time?
In 40 mins.
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 12:32

valuk wrote:
Off-Topic: show
:wave: :hug:
Thanks! You guys post like crazy, great job. But it does make me feel like one of those slow and incompetent guys from your old job. :blush:


Off-Topic: show
These rallies are a special occasion, it gets mental here so don't feel slow and incompetent, you're nothing like the guys from my old job :lol:

Just take your time and expect to press the Submit-button at least 10 times...
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 12:34

Wolfie wrote:Ilta-Sanomat:

SS3

Kimi Räikkönen did the 6th best time - with soft tyres.

The formula champ took a big risk when leaving for SS3 with soft tyres whereas others trusted on a harder compound. That might be the reason why Räikkönen tried to save his tyres and got behind Hirvo and Jari-Mari.

Räikkönen is gambling since rain has been predicted for SS4. If it doesn't, then Räikkönen's tyres might wore out too much.


Thanks Nicole!
I guess softs should work better if it rains, so he gambled on that. Others had to play safe, because they are all harder on the tires than Kimi.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

User avatar
Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 343
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 11:00

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Leijona » 09 Jul 2010, 12:35

I'm feeling very, very nervous about the tyre gamble..... it's a win or loose situation. but if it works out, it could be a BIG pay off for Kimi !Great!

Off-Topic: show
My work day is over. I'll try to rush home before SS4 starts!

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 12:36

dindi wrote:My wild imagination running... if it rains, he could win his very first WRC stage! So please rain!!!

Kimbo, what took you so long? :D


Welcome Kimbo :hug:

Dindi, soon you need this one to put some speed into people Image

:lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 479
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by valuk » 09 Jul 2010, 12:36

Sorry if already posted, but his comment made me smile.

Team tips Raikkonen for podium

Quesnel said: "We are very pleased to see the speed from Kimi this morning and I think he will get better this afternoon. Maybe he can make the podium this time."

Raikkonen was also pleased with his achievements on the opening loop.

"It was good this morning," he said. "We had some understeer at the end of both stages. I'm not sure what it was causing the problem, maybe the tyre was starting to move. In some corners, there was quite a lot of s*** being pulled into the road by the cars ahead."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85107

:lol:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 12:37

Nikki,
Off-Topic: show
That emoticon gives me nothing but kinky thoughts.


Misheard pacenotes for Ogier?
Last edited by dindi on 09 Jul 2010, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 12:37

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Ilta-Sanomat:

SS3

Kimi Räikkönen did the 6th best time - with soft tyres.

The formula champ took a big risk when leaving for SS3 with soft tyres whereas others trusted on a harder compound. That might be the reason why Räikkönen tried to save his tyres and got behind Hirvo and Jari-Mari.

Räikkönen is gambling since rain has been predicted for SS4. If it doesn't, then Räikkönen's tyres might wore out too much.


Thanks Nicole!
I guess softs should work better if it rains, so he gambled on that. Others had to play safe, because they are all harder on the tires than Kimi.


Beefree, imagine the situation of rain on SS4 and Kimi with a huge advantage :drool:

Rain dancing!!!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by apple » 09 Jul 2010, 12:38

ReAlien wrote:
apple wrote:
ReAlien wrote:About that tire thing - I didn't get it as I don't know the tire regulations in WRC. How will he benefit from choosing soft tires in SS3 in case if it rains in SS4?

They cant change the tyres anymore.
But how soft tires will help him in case of rain if they cannot change the tires in SS4? :confused: How soft tires might be better in rain than hard ones?

Pirelli brought to Bulgaria more softer tyres because of the possibility of the rain ,so I assume those tyres work better.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 12:38

ReAlien wrote:
apple wrote:
ReAlien wrote:About that tire thing - I didn't get it as I don't know the tire regulations in WRC. How will he benefit from choosing soft tires in SS3 in case if it rains in SS4?

They cant change the tyres anymore.
But how soft tires will help him in case of rain if they cannot change the tires in SS4? :confused: How soft tires might be better in rain than hard ones?


Softer compound might have more grip
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 12:40

dindi wrote:Nikki,
Off-Topic: show
That emoticon gives me nothing but kinky thoughts.


Misheard pacenotes for Ogier?


Off-Topic: show
Oi, sorry, am I that dirty-minded :blush: Maybe this would be better: Image


Did Ogier mishear the notes?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by brendakarli » 09 Jul 2010, 12:42

@valuk, I feel the same way with WRC too
The JINX

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 479
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by valuk » 09 Jul 2010, 12:43

Wolfie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
These rallies are a special occasion, it gets mental here so don't feel slow and incompetent, you're nothing like the guys from my old job :lol:

Just take your time and expect to press the Submit-button at least 10 times...


Off-Topic: show
This forum works like a well-oiled news machine when the rally is on. Sometimes I just sit back and enjoy the magic. Big thanks to everybody for their great work. :shhh:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Post Reply