Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 800
Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by sammyosammy » 08 Jul 2010, 19:01

apple wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
apple wrote:Kimi said to MTV3 he drived carefully during the shakedown. They changed the car for last attempt but it wasnt good according to Kimi. He also said it isnt so necessary to compare the times of shakedown as its totally different from the rally route.


Where do you get this stuff from eh?

Hiyah, warrior :p from my crystal ball..That is commercial tv broadcaster finnish MTV3 which totally ruined the quality of rally programs compared to YLE which made a awesome job by sending every stage live two years ago. Sometimes they manage to get a comment from a rally driver if they try hard enough.. :zz:


A very big TOUCHÉ.. :<>:

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by apple » 08 Jul 2010, 19:05

Off-Topic: show
Someone pressed the reset button :blink: Work,work,work, we had a 500m2 concrete job the other day. Been rather tired after that and this heat doesnt help at all. Been dreaming about Honda Shadow though, it helps.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 19:53

sammyosammy wrote:
apple wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
apple wrote:Kimi said to MTV3 he drived carefully during the shakedown. They changed the car for last attempt but it wasnt good according to Kimi. He also said it isnt so necessary to compare the times of shakedown as its totally different from the rally route.


Where do you get this stuff from eh?

Hiyah, warrior :p from my crystal ball..That is commercial tv broadcaster finnish MTV3 which totally ruined the quality of rally programs compared to YLE which made a awesome job by sending every stage live two years ago. Sometimes they manage to get a comment from a rally driver if they try hard enough.. :zz:


A very big TOUCHÉ.. :<>:


MTV3 had a golden opportunity to get exclusive interviews with Kimi like they did in Arctic Rally since Anette is Kimi's ex-girlfriend but have you noticed that they don't get anything anymore after writing in such a negative way about Kimi all the time?

Serves them right :<>:

And now they got WC-hockey too and I hope they were unaware of the fact that they couldn't put all the games on the paychannel - that would have been the top!!!

Yay, Apple and her crystal ball - don't upset her Raging, she has powers that goes beyond our understanding :n
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Moominpappa » 08 Jul 2010, 19:58

I agree that MTV3 is c**p compared by YLE.
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 949
Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Location: Bahamas

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by RagingJamaican » 08 Jul 2010, 20:41

Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
apple wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
apple wrote:Kimi said to MTV3 he drived carefully during the shakedown. They changed the car for last attempt but it wasnt good according to Kimi. He also said it isnt so necessary to compare the times of shakedown as its totally different from the rally route.


Where do you get this stuff from eh?

Hiyah, warrior :p from my crystal ball..That is commercial tv broadcaster finnish MTV3 which totally ruined the quality of rally programs compared to YLE which made a awesome job by sending every stage live two years ago. Sometimes they manage to get a comment from a rally driver if they try hard enough.. :zz:


A very big TOUCHÉ.. :<>:


MTV3 had a golden opportunity to get exclusive interviews with Kimi like they did in Arctic Rally since Anette is Kimi's ex-girlfriend but have you noticed that they don't get anything anymore after writing in such a negative way about Kimi all the time?

Serves them right :<>:

And now they got WC-hockey too and I hope they were unaware of the fact that they couldn't put all the games on the paychannel - that would have been the top!!!

Yay, Apple and her crystal ball - don't upset her Raging, she has powers that goes beyond our understanding :n


Apple upsets me, she makes fun of my Scottish accent :(

Her powers must be very poor then.

User avatar
Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 991
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 23:05
Location: Brasil
Contact:

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Anelise » 08 Jul 2010, 20:45

Kimi Räikkönen Shakedown Rally Bulgaria 2010 MTV3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbKyLS-ZTuI

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 21:01

RagingJamaican wrote:Apple upsets me, she makes fun of my Scottish accent :(

Her powers must be very poor then.


She does no such thing :hug:

What's to make fun of a Scottish accent? I love the accent :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 21:02

Anelise wrote:Kimi Räikkönen Shakedown Rally Bulgaria 2010 MTV3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbKyLS-ZTuI


Anelise dear, you are working overtime bringing all the information here, much appreciated :hug:

To all others too :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 164
Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 13:12

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by bourbon » 08 Jul 2010, 21:10

Okay I am seriously getting frustrated with the WRC site. I can tell that the rally started - the countdown is fine. But now you look at start times and time table and you can't tell anything at all. According to the start times, it started yesterday on the 7th - which is not true. Then the clock on the front says it is 2pm - but doesn't say where or in what country. And the start time on the start time page says 9:00 am - again, where - in Bulgaria? In the home country of Rally? In GMT? I haven't a clue and you can't tell when anything is going to start. They had the shakedown and I found out it was happening in the middle of it on Twitter.

Is there someone who has figured it out that could explain it or at least tell me what time zones they are in? I usually just wait till the start and go with the flow, but this time my schedule is all screwed, so I can't check in...
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

User avatar
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1693
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Acropolis » 08 Jul 2010, 21:20

the clock in the home page of wrc says 12:15am which is the time in Bulgaria now ( GMT+2)
Last edited by Acropolis on 08 Jul 2010, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 843
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 05:15
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Dracaena » 08 Jul 2010, 21:21

@ Bourbon: The timetable is in local time. I always check the time zone of the country beforehand so that I know when the action is on in Finnish time. The time zone for Bulgaria is +3 UTC (daylight saving time).

User avatar
RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 949
Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Location: Bahamas

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by RagingJamaican » 08 Jul 2010, 22:01

Wolfie wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:Apple upsets me, she makes fun of my Scottish accent :(

Her powers must be very poor then.


She does no such thing :hug:

What's to make fun of a Scottish accent? I love the accent :cool:


She makes fun of me when i say "eh" :(

I quite liked her before she made fun out of me, now my opinions changed :(

You seriously love the accent? Most people find it funny, i am scared to talk these days :(

User avatar
bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 164
Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 13:12

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by bourbon » 08 Jul 2010, 23:34

Thank you guys - that is good enough for me to figure it start times now. :)
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Julia » 09 Jul 2010, 00:07

Exclusive interview on Red Bull:s webbsite:

(I have to say that i really like their style ->definitely not stiff and sterile corporate style :O )

Kimi's postcard from Bulgaria

After the shakedown on the Rally Bulgaria, which is new to the WRC this year, Kimi Raikkonen spoke exclusively to Redbull.com about his thoughts on the rally, Bulgarian cuisine, getting back to asphalt... and Formula One.

RB: Kimi, how much easier is it going to be for you on asphalt as opposed to gravel? Asphalt is sort of more your thing...
KR: “Well that’s true enough. But rallying is still so new to me that this makes almost no difference. I’m still more unfamiliar with rallying than I am familiar with asphalt, if you see what I mean. In fact, it’s only my first asphalt rally in the WRC. So it’s not easy.”

RB: But you did one practice rally before, the Rally della Lanterna in Italy last month, and you were quick there. In fact you were leading for most of it. So that must have been very encouraging...
KR: Yes it’s true that this was a good experience and it was nice to lead a rally for the first time. But really, Bulgaria will be very different as a rally and also there will be many more tough competitors than there were on the Lanterna Rally. I didn’t notice Sebastien Loeb there for a start! So let’s not jump to any big conclusions.

RB: What’s the Bulgaria Rally like?
KR: “Very difficult actually. It’s obviously asphalt, but some of the asphalt is quite old and broken up. You have some very quick parts that are almost like a racing circuit but also some very slow and twisty parts. One of the biggest problems is that you have plants and small trees very close to the side of the road and this means that you cannot see through the corners; most of them are blind. Then you have the weather that can change a lot, today it was raining like hell in the afternoon for example but over the weekend I heard from someone that it could be nearly 30 degrees. You just don’t know. If this was a racing circuit, I suppose it would be like the old Nürburgring Nordschliefe!

RB: Speaking of racing, what are your thoughts on the Formula One season so far? Have you been following it?
KR: “A little bit but not so much to be honest. From what I can see it will come down to a battle between the Red Bulls and the McLarens, particularly Lewis Hamilton, who I think has been very strong so far this year. The Red Bull has been the quickest car but unfortunately it has had a bit of unreliability and that has cost some points. If this is sorted for the rest of the season then it should be a very good fight.”

RB: What about your own future: any further thoughts?
KR: “Not really. I’m just enjoying doing what I’m doing for now but soon I need to think about what I’m doing next year, probably after Rally Finland next month. I’m actually in no hurry and I don’t miss Formula One. If the right opportunity came along then you never know but also rallying is a sport that is all about experience and maybe it would be a shame not to continue to use the experience that I have built up so far in this sport.”

RB: What do you think of Bulgaria as a place?
KR: “It’s quite nice although the food is not so good! The rally is based in Borovets, which is a skiing resort. I love winter sports so I have a good feeling. Hopefully I’ll have the same good feeling on Sunday night..”

For more Kimi Raikkonen, visit his website and for more on the WRC Rally Bulgaria, visit our event page.


http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... fmodpos=A1

they also have managed (after 6 months!!!) to put up a profile to Kimi so its easier in the future to find news about him from their site. They haven't tagged almost any old news to it but hopefully all the new ones...

Kimis profile:

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... ontent-all

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by luieluv » 09 Jul 2010, 00:18

Thanks Julia. Yet another indications that Kimi is still mulling over the options in WRC and F1 both. God, This Guy is making us crazy. :P
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Post Reply