It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 17:21

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 193  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 15:09  
F1 Driver

The video from the press conference

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=30 ... conference

And another one about Raikkonen during the Shakedown...sorry if was already posted...

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=30 ... rd%20stuff

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 15:38  
F1 Rookie

Julia wrote:
"Asked whether he thought the Finn could be a serious threat this weekend, Loeb said: 'I hope not."

I love the man! :lol: He IS the great champion in deed.

Thanks all for the updates and videos and all the things you bring in here, you are the best. :thumbsup:

Sharing shakedown time with Loeb is a really promising sign! :cool:, but hey, I hope he is careful in his first tarmac rally, please! :pray:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 16:48  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
Oi, Loeb saying 'I hope not' :)

Bless him. He's a big enough man not to be bigheaded. I could name a few F1 drivers, who would have been much much more arrogant in a situation like this :)

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 16:56  
F1 Rookie

Dracaena wrote:
Again, I'm so embarrassed that they keep asking Loeb about Kimi, especially things like "will he be a serious threat" :blush:. Show some respect "journalists", he's The Loeb for Zeus' sake!

Absolutely! However he showed his class. Sometimes I wonder how it must feel for the others, that Kimi is treated like a celebrity despite that he's still inexperienced, and often clearly strugles to keep up with them

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 17:06  
F1 Rookie

Kimi said to MTV3 he drived carefully during the shakedown. They changed the car for last attempt but it wasnt good according to Kimi. He also said it isnt so necessary to compare the times of shakedown as its totally different from the rally route.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 17:29  
F1 Routinier

Rally Bulgaria 2010: Kimi Räikkönen back on the hard stuff

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:07  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
Jari-Matti Latvala: “Our car’s better than in Spain”

08 July 2010
The roads are a mixture of everything – fast, and smooth, and wide, and also bumpy and narrow. There are a couple of jumps on the stages. The branches of the trees make it difficult to see so you have to trust your notes. I think our car’s better than in Spain last year, although we still have some works to do. When I raced in Germany recently I learned many things to make my driving better on asphalt. The only thing is if we had thunderstorms, I think we may do, it would be much more difficult.

Quote:
Sebastien Loeb: “I’m a potential winner”

08 July 2010
Of course, I’m a potential winner. I have always performed well on asphalt but every one seems to be going well. I’m not sure whether I would be the fastest of Citroen drivers. I’m not sure about the weather. The safety crews can be really helpful. There are lots of hidden corners and waterpatches during this shakedown, so the safety crews are a good thing for the rally.

Quote:
Mikko Hirvonen: “We must get as close to Citroen as we can”

08 July 2010
It’s mainly very fast and different than the other asphalt road. Your pace notes has to be perfect and you have to trust them because it is difficult to see around the corners, because of trees and bushes. If you slow down too much, you can lose a lot of time. Roads are not as rough as we thought – only stage 5 is very bumpy. This time we must get as close to Citroen as we can. I think they have something to get their car faster. I can’t complain about my focus.

All the above news from official website of this rally

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:22  
GP2 Driver

press conference
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... _bul1.aspx

Quote:
Q:
Kimi, this will be your first WRC round on tarmac and it seems the expectation for you to do well is quite high after so many years on the tarmac of F1 – but rally is a totally different discipline and indeed different tarmac. What are your thoughts on the weekend ahead?
KR:
I really try to do the best I can. It should be easier and more natural for me in tarmac. But still the other guys will go very fast. They have a lot of experience with their cars, but I do still feel more comfortable on tarmac than on gravel. We will do our best and see after tomorrow how we are going.

Q:
You have prepared for this event by competing at a tarmac event in Italy – how did you enjoy the experience, and has it given you more confidence for Bulgaria?
KR:

It helped. It was the first time I competed with the car on tarmac. With the shakedown the previous day and the rally we have some experience. We tried two types of different tyres, there were some tricky conditions and it definitely helped. The test wasn’t on roads like this but at least we tried many things and I think we improved the car a bit. Like I said, I think we have more or less done what we wanted so we just have to see how well we will do.

Q:
Now that we are half-way through the season are you any closer to deciding on your future within rallying?
KR:
For sure I’ll let everybody know, when I make the decision. There are always options to do many things. I have to take the right one for myself.

Q:
When would we expect this decision?
KR:
When I know it…

Q:
What do you think of the stages here in Bulgaria?
KR:
I think they are quite nice. Some areas are pretty bumpy and have a bit of sand but I think they are probably better than many people expected. There are quite long and interesting stages and I was quite impressed.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:26  
F1 Routinier

thanks miezicat :hug:

Quote:
Q:
When would we expect this decision?
KR:
When I know it…

thanks Kimi, it helped a lot :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:32  
F1 Rookie

apple wrote:
Kimi said to MTV3 he drived carefully during the shakedown. They changed the car for last attempt but it wasnt good according to Kimi. He also said it isnt so necessary to compare the times of shakedown as its totally different from the rally route.

Where do you get this stuff from eh?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:40  
F1 Routinier

Quote:
Safety crews vital on Rally Bulgaria says Loeb

World champion Sebastien Loeb has spoken of the vital role that will be played by safety crews on Rally Bulgaria, the first Tarmac rally of the WRC season.

Loeb has been a long-term advocate of safety crews on asphalt events. They pass through stages shortly before they go live to provide an accurate account of the road surface and any obstacles drivers might encounter.

Their involvement has been the subject of considerable debate in recent seasons following moves by the FIA, the sport’s governing body, to outlaw them on grounds of cost.

“Of course it depends on the conditions but it is always nice to know they are there to confirm the pacenotes and tell us if anything has changed,” said the works Citroen driver. “It’s just for safety because if you have water on a corner on a [fast] rally like this then you have no chance to stay on the road.”

Rain and even thunderstorms have been forecast for Rally Bulgaria, which takes place in the Rila mountains and joins the WRC for the first time.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/safe ... says_loeb/
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:49  
F1 Rookie

Thanks miezicat!!!! :hug:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:52  
F1 Routinier

Anelise wrote:
Thanks miezicat!!!! :hug:

+1 :hug:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:56  
F1 Rookie

RagingJamaican wrote:
apple wrote:

Hiyah, warrior :p from my crystal ball..That is commercial tv broadcaster finnish MTV3 which totally ruined the quality of rally programs compared to YLE which made a awesome job by sending every stage live two years ago. Sometimes they manage to get a comment from a rally driver if they try hard enough.. :zz:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2010, 18:57  
F1 Rookie

apple wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
apple wrote:

Hiyah, warrior :p from my crystal ball..That is commercial tv broadcaster finnish MTV3 which totally ruined the quality of rally programs compared to YLE which made a awesome job by sending every stage live two years ago. Sometimes they manage to get a comment from a rally driver if they try hard enough.. :zz:

The white witch has a crystal ball? :S

How much? I would like one...

Where you been apple? Been missing my favourite ipod.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 193  Next