Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by luieluv » 08 Jul 2010, 11:13

A Tweet from Becs Williams :

Becsywecsy

Presser done. Kimi yawned so I asked him if I was keeping him awake. It got a laugh. I'm a bloody comedian now! Penalty shoot out next!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 08 Jul 2010, 11:14

beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:
luieluv wrote:Rally bulgaria Shakedown Results :

P. solberg - 1:39.4
D. Sordo - 1:39.8
S. Ogier - 1:39.9
S. Loeb - 1:40.5
K. Raikkonen - 1:40.5 :thumbsup: !yahoo:
J. Latvala - 1:42.2
M. Hirvonen - 1:41.3
P. Andersson - 1.42.6
M. Wilson - 1.42.6
Considering the shakedown stage was of 9 odd Kms, I think Kimi on Tarmac has closed down the gap from 1 odd second per km on other surfaces to 1 second per 10 kms on Tarmac. Kimi has reduced 90% of the gap on Tarmac and thats no mean achievement if it is proved in stages too.

Hoping that Kimi will do well. Iceman cometh
It's only about 2,5 km
Thanks for correcting me.. My bad...

so he has reduced the gap to 40% almost on Tarmac. Still good. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 08 Jul 2010, 11:22

Wolfie wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:What times is this Rally on, on Sunday?
The rally starts tomorrow and will end on Sunday afternoon. So clear everything - it's going to be Friday all day long, Saturday all day long and Sunday all day long starting from morning. You will be kicking yourself for missing any stages so BE HERE :<>:
We will see, F1 is more important to me :p
Moderator-Wolfie orders you to be here :n
No one bosses me around! Bad wolfie :<>:
Off-Topic: show
No one bosses me around! Bad wolfie. :<>:

I shall be there boss.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 08 Jul 2010, 11:39

Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Oi, it's from Portugal - the rally radio.
No beach this weekend Wolfie..? :lol:
Absolutely not - the heat gets to me and my mother gets hysterical if I don't answer the phone - I got a bad sunstroke in Canada when little. Just told my friend that she can ask me anywhere else except the beach :lol:

Sammy, you not going either, right :<>:
A little fishin´maybe, pleaaaaaase.. :pray:
Oi, would you be willing to take me fishing? They always row me back to the shore after half an hour since they have these ridiculous accusations that I scare the fish away with my talking :<>:
You? Talk? Too much? Naah, impossible... :lol: Anyway, can´t scare them talking. Fried walleye....mmmmmm
Yeah, let´s go fishing one day..

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 08 Jul 2010, 11:55

Solberg beats them all at the shakedown - 1:39.4
08 July 2010

Petter Solberg set the pace in today's opening practice for Rally Bulgaria – 1:39.4 min. The Norwegian rocked the stop-watch after his sixth training pass of the track by Momin prohod and Gorna Vassilitsa.next in line in the Top 6 are Daniel Sordo of Citroen with 1:39.8 min., Sebastien Ogier of Citroen Junior team – 1:39.9, Solberg again (his fourth passing) – 1:40.5, the champ Sebastien Loeb – 1:40.5. That same time was reached by Kimi Raikkonen of Citroen. The best time for Ford drivers is the Mikko Hirvonen’s one – 1:43.3 min.
The fastest in the shakedown among JWRC was Alessandro Broccoli of Renault Clio R3 – 1:52.3 min. Todor Slavov of Renault Clio R3 marked 1:53.2. at the race.
The WRC stars provoked a great interest for the Bulgarian spectators as well as the Rally Bulgaria accreditated journalists. Just about 5000 spectators and almost 1000 cars crowded the exits to the shakedown between Momin prohod and Gîrna Vassilitsa by the village of Kîstenets.
It was quite an impression that WRC drivers tried the time out, going through the 2.1 km long stage. Pirelli mechanics measured the tires’ temperature in the beginning and the end of the stage, making the most of the teams’ data about the tires’ heating and wearing out.
http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 47&n=19&g=

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 08 Jul 2010, 12:20

from the wrc.com
Petter fastest in Rally Bulgaria Shakedown

Citroen privateer Petter Solberg got his partnership with new co-driver Chris Patterson off to a perfect start earlier today by setting the fastest time at the pre-event shakedown for Rally Bulgaria.

"Not bad, eh?" said Petter after completing his sixth and final run in a session-winning time of 1m 39.4s. "The car felt good and I'm feeling confident about the partnership inside the car too. The shakedown road wasn't exactly like the roads we saw on the recce - it's a bit more slippery - but the car set-up worked well."

Fellow Citroen C4 WRC driver Dani Sordo was closest to Solberg's time, stopping the clock four-tenths slower, while Citroen Junior team driver Sebastien Ogier, also in a C4, rounded off the top three times with a 1m 39.9s.

Former Formula One champion and WRC newcomer Kimi Raikkonen underlined his skill on asphalt by sharing the fourth fastest time - 1m 40.5s - with six times World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb.

"He's more comfortable on the tarmac, that's for sure," commented Raikkonen's co-driver Kaj Lindstrom. "There was a delay at the start before our first run, so we lost all the heat from the tyres, but things got better from there. He went well at our pre-event test and we've done a good time here. I'm excited about this rally..."

"He is certainly very fast on tarmac," acknowledged Loeb. "I think the most difficult part for him will be to be fast on the first loop - with only two passes on the recce. But his first pass today was okay, so we'll see tomorrow. It's certainly going to be interesting. Asked whether he thought the Finn could be a serious threat this weekend, Loeb said: 'I hope not."

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... +Shakedown+
Last edited by Julia on 08 Jul 2010, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 12:22

Oi, Loeb saying 'I hope not' :)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 12:28

Ilta-Sanomat is following the rally closely starting from tomorrow:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/t/ralli/

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 08 Jul 2010, 12:39

Wolfie wrote:Oi, Loeb saying 'I hope not' :)
he sound fear of kimi's pace :lol:

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 08 Jul 2010, 13:07

Hello peeps :)

Man, I wish I could hang wit u guys in here all weekend like last time. But Im moving into a new apartment this weekend so I wont have much time to follow the rally. Will pop in here from time to time to get some updates and a little feel of the (hopefully) excitement :D

Go Iceman! You have millions of supporters pushing you towards the podium! But no stage wins please or I will have to eat my hat in a bet I was stupid enough to make in another forum.. &doh
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 13:09

Soren wrote:Hello peeps :)

Man, I wish I could hang wit u guys in here all weekend like last time. But Im moving into a new apartment this weekend so I wont have much time to follow the rally. Will pop in here from time to time to get some updates and a little feel of the (hopefully) excitement :D

Go Iceman! You have millions of supporters pushing you towards the podium! But no stage wins please or I will have to eat my hat in a bet I was stupid enough to make in another forum.. &doh
:lol:

Hope you have time to come here often and good luck with the new home :hug:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 08 Jul 2010, 14:02

Again, I'm so embarrassed that they keep asking Loeb about Kimi, especially things like "will he be a serious threat" :blush:. Show some respect "journalists", he's The Loeb for Zeus' sake!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 08 Jul 2010, 14:10

Dracaena wrote:Again, I'm so embarrassed that they keep asking Loeb about Kimi, especially things like "will he be a serious threat" :blush:. Show some respect "journalists", he's The Loeb for Zeus' sake!
Zeus sake? do you use this expression? we are only left with: our good gods, or gods want this.....

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 08 Jul 2010, 14:20

Acropolis wrote:
Dracaena wrote:Again, I'm so embarrassed that they keep asking Loeb about Kimi, especially things like "will he be a serious threat" :blush:. Show some respect "journalists", he's The Loeb for Zeus' sake!
Zeus sake? do you use this expression? we are only left with: our good gods, or gods want this.....
I've used Zeus here a few times, is it offending to a Greek? So you have sayings there about "the gods" but not about any particular one? Do you say "Oh my Gods" instead of "Oh my God"? I just got curious :).

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 08 Jul 2010, 14:25

Dracaena wrote:
Acropolis wrote:
I've used Zeus here a few times, is it offending to a Greek? So you have sayings there about "the gods" but not about any particular one? Do you say "Oh my Gods" instead of "Oh my God"? I just got curious :).
not offending at all,just curious, we still have respect for them in a way....no, we don't say oh my gods,only oh my god but sometimes we may say: the good gods will do this or that for us