Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:21

Wolfie wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
dindi wrote:Eep! Double post, Nikki. Please delete :blush:


yeah give her some work

hehe what do you do now .. I am quoting her :p even more work to be done :hug:


Am I stupid because I don't see the double post :huh:

By all means, give me some work, otherwise I'm just bragging about the moderator-thing without lifting a finger :lol:

Would you for example get mad at me if I would lock this thread during stage 3 tomorrow?

I knew you wouldn't mind it :hug:
You'll be pelted with stones from all parts of the globe, Nikki :::

User avatar
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2693
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Location: Schlaaaaand

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 17:21

aikkonen waits on restart decision
News9th July 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

Kimi Raikkonen’s hopes of restarting Rally Bulgaria hang in the balance following his roll on the fourth stage of the all-asphalt event.

The ex-Formula One world champion was in fourth overall when he went off the road less than eight kilometres from the end of the 27.57-kilometre Belmeken Lake stage.

Although initial reports suggested the Finn would be able to restart on day two, his Citroen Junior Team have said a full inspection of his Citroen C4 will be required before he gets the all-clear to return to action on Saturday morning.

Citroen Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier commented: “We will look at the car when it is back and see if we can re-start under SupeRally tomorrow. That is certainly our hope, but we can only assess this once we see the car properly. ”

Of Raikkonen’s accident, Citroen Racing boss Olivier Quesnel, said: “I think Kimi maybe was too fast because he had the same split times as Seb [Loeb] and Dani [Sordo]. But I hope he can be okay to come back tomorrow and learn some more.”

Raikkonen’s service is due to be brought back to the service park in Dolna Banya at 2030hrs local time.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 17:22

damn rite he is fast

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:23

ReAlien wrote:I see it as follows: It's his learning curve. Snow was first surface in WRC car for him so it took him two crash outs to get to the level. On the gravel he was a bit more experienced, so it took him one crash out to get hold of it, more or less. On tarmac he had to make his sacrifice too, alas, I suspect his surprising results played some role in that crash was almost as severe as in Mexico, he was sure pleased with himself and might have moved his limits a bit too far, just to find the edge... Now he knows it and will continue with more care and I'm sure even more speed. Tarmac is his thing in rally, it is an axiom for now. :)
:thumbsup:

Claudie, how should we say it, then? 'Coz I'm familiar with the English pronunciation. Should it be pronounced like the word "cloudy"?

User avatar
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1074
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Boudica » 09 Jul 2010, 17:24

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:at least kimi always crashes in style :blush: :lol:




Hell yeah :cool:
Image

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:25

Kimi was going as fast as Dani and Loeb? :huh: Dang, he was testing the limits, alright!

Somehow I imagine that he's gonna get teased by the boys at the service park... or the bar :::
Last edited by dindi on 09 Jul 2010, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 17:26

dindi wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Would you for example get mad at me if I would lock this thread during stage 3 tomorrow?

I knew you wouldn't mind it :hug:
You'll be pelted with stones from all parts of the globe, Nikki :::


Image

Image

Image

Am I good at playing your emotions or not :n
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2693
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Location: Schlaaaaand

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 17:27

dindi wrote:
ReAlien wrote:I see it as follows: It's his learning curve. Snow was first surface in WRC car for him so it took him two crash outs to get to the level. On the gravel he was a bit more experienced, so it took him one crash out to get hold of it, more or less. On tarmac he had to make his sacrifice too, alas, I suspect his surprising results played some role in that crash was almost as severe as in Mexico, he was sure pleased with himself and might have moved his limits a bit too far, just to find the edge... Now he knows it and will continue with more care and I'm sure even more speed. Tarmac is his thing in rally, it is an axiom for now. :)
:thumbsup:

Claudie, how should we say it, then? 'Coz I'm familiar with the English pronunciation. Should it be pronounced like the word "cloudy"?


exactly :thumbsup: that´s the german pronunciation :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:28

Becs Tweets: "Back in HQ - weird day. Feel bad for Kimi and Kaj, lovin the pace today - not lovin the roll though."

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:30

Cloudy ( :p ),
Off-Topic: show
German pronunciation's pretty interesting... like when I read the news and I'm reading a story about your chancellor, Angela Merkel. I have to say it as "Anggela" :D

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Julia » 09 Jul 2010, 17:42

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85134

Raikkonen rapid before crash

By David Evans Friday, July 9th 2010, 17:27 GMT

The split times from the fourth stage of Rally Bulgaria have shown that Kimi Raikkonen was ahead of Sebastien Loeb for the first two sectors of the 17-mile Belken Lake test.

Raikkonen was enjoying his most competitive stage of his World Rally Championship career before he rolled off the road not far from the end of the test.

At the first split, just under a mile from the start, the Citroen Junior Team driver was a tenth of a second faster, but in the next four miles he pulled a further three tenths out of the six-time World Rally champion.

Raikkonen then dropped time to Loeb, but was still only five seconds behind him when he went off the road. Had he finished the stage, Raikkonen would likely have halved the gap between his time and Loeb's fastest time.

Citroen Junior Team principal Benoit Nogier said: "We've been very pleased with the pace we have seen from Kimi today. And in this stage in particular, he was going really well."

Raikkonen's Citroen is currently on its way back to the service park on the back of a recovery truck, but following an initial inspection from Citroen technicians it is thought unlikely he will return for the second day of competition. Confirmation of whether he restarts is expected later this evening.

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by luieluv » 09 Jul 2010, 17:48

Julia wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85134

Raikkonen rapid before crash

By David Evans Friday, July 9th 2010, 17:27 GMT

The split times from the fourth stage of Rally Bulgaria have shown that Kimi Raikkonen was ahead of Sebastien Loeb for the first two sectors of the 17-mile Belken Lake test.

Raikkonen was enjoying his most competitive stage of his World Rally Championship career before he rolled off the road not far from the end of the test.

At the first split, just under a mile from the start, the Citroen Junior Team driver was a tenth of a second faster, but in the next four miles he pulled a further three tenths out of the six-time World Rally champion.

Raikkonen then dropped time to Loeb, but was still only five seconds behind him when he went off the road. Had he finished the stage, Raikkonen would likely have halved the gap between his time and Loeb's fastest time.

Citroen Junior Team principal Benoit Nogier said: "We've been very pleased with the pace we have seen from Kimi today. And in this stage in particular, he was going really well."

Raikkonen's Citroen is currently on its way back to the service park on the back of a recovery truck, but following an initial inspection from Citroen technicians it is thought unlikely he will return for the second day of competition. Confirmation of whether he restarts is expected later this evening.

Really sad.. seems the chances of kimi continuing are very less. :(
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 479
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by valuk » 09 Jul 2010, 17:48

So it is over? Bummer :(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

User avatar
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1771
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Location: New York

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by Maria d » 09 Jul 2010, 17:48

wow that would be sad if he could not return to the rally. :(
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

User avatar
ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 515
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 21:07
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 17:48

Wolfie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Because there has been talk about luck, Alonso has told that he would be leading the championship if he would have had better luck :zz: Does he mean that Vettel has been lucky :zz:

Off-Topic: show
He-he, exactly! :lol:
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Post Reply