Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by luieluv » 09 Jul 2010, 15:40

Now heres the deal. If everything goes well for next two days of this rally then i feel Kimi can finish as high as 8th in overall standings. Now I am not saying only for the sake of making fellow kimsters happy but i just checked and found that after SS3 Kimi was approx 2 to 2.5 minutes ahead of Turan,Wilson and H.Solberg who are currently placed in 8th,9th and 10th position.

So under fairly decent circumstances if Kimi can finish the remaining all the stages at the similar pace of first 3 stages in relative to Turan,Wilson and H.Solberg then Kimi would finish near about close to Turan which is 8th. So finishing 8th is very much possible. So if in 3 stages Kimi had a gap of 2.5 minutes then in remaining 10 stages Kimi has to cover 6.5 minutes. Seems fairly proportionate. So 8th is very very much possible.

And if Kimi decides to up the ante then i wont be surprise even if he wallops Piggy's 7th position.

So all in all i am really looking forward for next two days and so should all of you. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 09 Jul 2010, 15:42

ReAlien wrote:
Not exactly the end of the world. If Kimi continues in the pace he had - he will be in the top ten by the end of day 3, BUT I don`t know about SuperRally rules - how the points can be gained under this system I'd like to know?

I believ Kimi can score points, i.e - driver can but manufacture wont get any points. Or its vice versa. Either of one.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 09 Jul 2010, 15:42

thank you Luieluv
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 09 Jul 2010, 15:42

thanks luieluv :) :pray:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 15:46

Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:Anybody understands this? It looks like he finished the stage, and got a 10 minute penalty

wow, Kimis crashes seems to be in a spectacular way every time he does compared to others who just stop in a stone ore something. Im glad they are OK! and really hope they can continue tomorrow.

About you question Beefree.

That is his "starting" time with penalties IF he can continue tomorrow. They did the same thing in mexico. At the moment the citroen guys are probably trying to get the car running again and look if the chassis is ok , if the chassis isn't ok they are not allowed to start tomorrow.... so we just have to wait till we get the information...

why he got 10 min instead of 5 min i don't get but there are probably some rules about it. The penalty comes from not getting the car into finnish line for the day.

Well, the rule says, that the crash cage shuld be undamaged to continue tomorrow. For crashing out they should have a 5 minute penalty, I don't undertsand why they got 10
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 15:49

luieluv wrote:
ReAlien wrote:
Not exactly the end of the world. If Kimi continues in the pace he had - he will be in the top ten by the end of day 3, BUT I don`t know about SuperRally rules - how the points can be gained under this system I'd like to know?

I believ Kimi can score points, i.e - driver can but manufacture wont get any points. Or its vice versa. Either of one.

Latvala did the same in Turkey or something. We should check that
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 09 Jul 2010, 15:50

you are writing so fast during rallytime its impossible to join :lol: but some curraging statistic:

Ogiers first 13 wrc-rallies (his first rally was the last rally 2008 and the rest of the results are from last year):
26, 6, 10, R, 17, 7, R, 2, R, 6, 5, 5, R

And Kimis WRC rallies so far:
29, R, 8, 5, 10, ?

notice the similarity in Ogiers results and Kimis resluts at the moment and especially that Ogier retair 4 times last year! Its normal to crash when you are learning... and now see where he is after his learning year.
Last edited by Julia on 09 Jul 2010, 15:57, edited 3 times in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 09 Jul 2010, 15:52

beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:
ReAlien wrote:

Latvala did the same in Turkey or something. We should check that

the problem is that latvala couldn't continue because the car was so damaged....

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 15:53

Julia wrote:you are writing so fast during rallytime its impossible to join but some curraging statistic:

Ogiers first 13 wrc-rallies (he did hes first rally was the last rally 2008 and the rest of the results are from last year:

29, R, 8, 5, 10, ?

notice the similarity inOgiers results and Kimis resluts at the moment and especially that Ogier crash 4 times last year! Its normal to crash when you are learning... and now see where he is after his learning year.

And Ogier has been driving rally before .. oki it doesn´t have to mean that Kimi will become as fast as Ogier but it´s normal to have some offs..I prefer it this way tha the other way around...and if he is able to continue tomorrow everything will be fine ... good results will come sooner or later (hope it will be at the germany rally :pray: :p
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 15:55

Thanks for the statistics Julia!
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 15:57

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Julia wrote:you are writing so fast during rallytime its impossible to join but some curraging statistic:

Ogiers first 13 wrc-rallies (he did hes first rally was the last rally 2008 and the rest of the results are from last year:

29, R, 8, 5, 10, ?

notice the similarity inOgiers results and Kimis resluts at the moment and especially that Ogier crash 4 times last year! Its normal to crash when you are learning... and now see where he is after his learning year.

And Ogier has been driving rally before .. oki it doesn´t have to mean that Kimi will become as fast as Ogier but it´s normal to have some offs..I prefer it this way tha the other way around...and if he is able to continue tomorrow everything will be fine ... good results will come sooner or later (hope it will be at the germany rally :pray: :p

That's right, Claudie! Ogier won the national championship so he had the required kilometers under his belt.

@ Luie, you're a lifesaver here :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 09 Jul 2010, 15:58

I personally fail to see any horrible disaster in Kimi's off. Other than Citroen maybe running out of cars before the season ends.

Now that he has shown that he is able to finish rallies without major incidents and even be fairly competitive I think he was due another roll. For me the awesome pace he was showing before more than compensates for the crash. I'll reserve my depression for if/when he crashes in Finland again :p.

And I'm not that bothered about loosing the position. The Ford's are obviously so disadvantaged that I didn't feel much joy in him being ahead of them in the first place. I was mostly interested in the comparison between his and the other Citroen drivers' pace. After all, the green times were the biggest thrills of today (if not of his entire rally career), not so much the position.

I'm of course also hoping for him to be able to continue tomorrow. He can give us more greens even if he's dead last in the standings, think about that folks!

(Ooh, I like those greens alright, I like them good and proper :n)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 16:00

Dracaena wrote:I personally fail to see any horrible disaster in Kimi's off. Other than Citroen maybe running out of cars before the season ends.

Now that he has shown that he is able to finish rallies without major incidents and even be fairly competitive I think he was due another roll. For me the awesome pace he was showing before more than compensates for the crash. I'll reserve my depression for if/when he crashes in Finland again :p.

And I'm not that bothered about loosing the position. The Ford's are obviously so disadvantaged that I didn't feel much joy in him being ahead of them in the first place. I was mostly interested in the comparison between his and the other Citroen drivers' pace. After all, the green times were the biggest thrills of today (if not of his entire rally career), not so much the position.

I'm of course also hoping for him to be able to continue tomorrow. He can give us more greens even if he's dead last in the standings, think about that folks!

(Ooh, I like those greens alright, I like them good and proper :n)

uuurgghhh that green is horrible :blink: my eyes ... I prefer pink

but agree with everything you said (okay delete Finland and put in Germany :p )
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 09 Jul 2010, 16:01

Kriss wrote:
Kimi Raikkonen crashed his car out at the end of Day 1

09 July 2010
Citroen Junior Team driver Kimi Raikkonen crashed his C4 World Rally Car out on today's final stage Belmeken Lake. Kimi and his co-driver Kaj Lindstrom were uninjured in the accident. The car will be transported back to Service Park. The team and the driver would like to restart tomorrow by SuperRally system. The FIA WRC Sporting Regulations decided to allocate to the cars affected by the interruption of SS4 the same times set by them in SS2.

http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 47&n=30&g=

It's good that the cars behind Kimi don't have to suffer too much from the situation :). I was afraid they'd be cursing that damn pay driver rookie who ruined their race...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 16:01

From all news I've read it's almost certain that Kimi will continue tomorrow if they get the car fixed.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL