Rally Bulgaria 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2010

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 15:12

Anybody understands this? It looks like he finished the stage, and got a 10 minute penalty
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 15:18

finnies!! any news :confused:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 09 Jul 2010, 15:24

Kimi Raikkonen crashed his car out at the end of Day 1

09 July 2010
Citroen Junior Team driver Kimi Raikkonen crashed his C4 World Rally Car out on today's final stage Belmeken Lake. Kimi and his co-driver Kaj Lindstrom were uninjured in the accident. The car will be transported back to Service Park. The team and the driver would like to restart tomorrow by SuperRally system.The FIA WRC Sporting Regulations decided to allocate to the cars affected by the interruption of SS4 the same times set by them in SS2.
http://www.rallybulgaria.com/cgi-bin/e- ... 47&n=30&g=

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 09 Jul 2010, 15:25

beefree88 wrote:Anybody understands this? It looks like he finished the stage, and got a 10 minute penalty
If they can continue, meaning that they feel ok and the car can be fixed I would be ok with the 10 min penalty....though it is terrible to be at the top and roll to the bottom...reminds me the myth of Sisyphus :(
Could please someone try to raise our spirits??

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 09 Jul 2010, 15:25

Was it a puncture?

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 09 Jul 2010, 15:26

I am so sad to find that Kimi crashed out. I had pinned my hopes a lot and he was just about getting everything like in a fairytale. I am happy that Kaj and Kimi are unhurt.

Still what he has achieved today is really good and something to be happy and that should give me enough heart to look forward for tomorrow.

Now since he has already crashed and slided down the standings, lets just cheer him for the best for tomorrow and hope he would do even better than what good he has achieved.

Like on my wish list for next 2 days would be completing the rally salvaging any point if possible, finishing any of the stage in 3rd or even win it. So lets hope that we would have a better days ahead.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 15:28

Acropolis wrote:
beefree88 wrote:Anybody understands this? It looks like he finished the stage, and got a 10 minute penalty
If they can continue, meaning that they feel ok and the car can be fixed I would be ok with the 10 min penalty....though it is terrible to be at the top and roll to the bottom...reminds me the myth of Sisyphus :(
Could please someone try to raise our spirits??
I'd be okay with any penalty, I just don't get the reason
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 09 Jul 2010, 15:29

luieluv wrote:I am so sad to find that Kimi crashed out. I had pinned my hopes a lot and he was just about getting everything like in a fairytale. I am happy that Kaj and Kimi are unhurt.

Still what he has achieved today is really good and something to be happy and that should give me enough heart to look forward for tomorrow.

Now since he has already crashed and slided down the standings, lets just cheer him for the best for tomorrow and hope he would do even better than what good he has achieved.

Like on my wish list for next 2 days would be completing the rally salvaging any point if possible, finishing any of the stage in 3rd or even win it. So lets hope that we would have a better days ahead.
Thanks luieluv. your voice of rationality makes me feel better.....

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 09 Jul 2010, 15:30

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 09 Jul 2010, 15:31

wow, Kimis crashes seems to be in a spectacular way every time he does compared to others who just stop in a stone ore something. Im glad they are OK! and really hope they can continue tomorrow.

About you question Beefree.

That is his "starting" time with penalties IF he can continue tomorrow. They did the same thing in mexico. At the moment the citroen guys are probably trying to get the car running again and look if the chassis is ok , if the chassis isn't ok they are not allowed to start tomorrow.... so we just have to wait till we get the information...

why he got 10 min instead of 5 min i don't get but there are probably some rules about it. The penalty comes from not getting the car into finnish line for the day.

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 09 Jul 2010, 15:33

Not exactly the end of the world. If Kimi continues in the pace he had - he will be in the top ten by the end of day 3, BUT I don`t know about SuperRally rules - how the points can be gained under this system I'd like to know?
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Jul 2010, 15:33

Julia wrote:

wow, Kimis crashes seems to be in a spectacular way every time he does compared to others who just stop in a stone ore something. Im glad they are OK! and really hope they can continue tomorrow.

About you question Beefree.

That is his "starting" time with penalties IF he can continue tomorrow. They did the same thing in mexico. At the moment the citroen guys are probably trying to get the car running again and look if the chassis is ok , if the chassis isn't ok they are not allowed to start tomorrow.... so we just have to wait till we get the information...

why he got 10 min instead of 5 min i don't get but there are probably some rules about it. The penalty comes from not getting the car into finnish line for the day.
just looked at the penalty page at the wrc site ... 3 others also got a penalty of 10minutes ... maybe it´s a new rule?
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 09 Jul 2010, 15:34

The expectations for rally Bulgaria was so extremely high (also unreachable in a sense), and that is also unfortunately sometimes when things have a way of going astray. I am not disappointed, Kimi got a chance to show his speed and he was fast, there will be more tarmac rallies when things will go right. The most important thing is that Kimi and Katsu are alright :)

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 09 Jul 2010, 15:37

http://www.citroen-wrc.com/?Apres-la-so ... m=facebook
After Räikkönen went off the road in SS4, his codriver Kaj Lindström explain : “We went off in a slow corner after around 20 kms. The car slid off the road and ended on the roof. We were able to jump out of the car and we are both ok. We hope to restart tomorrow… Just waiting for the mechanics to check the car.”

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 09 Jul 2010, 15:39

ReAlien wrote:
Not exactly the end of the world. If Kimi continues in the pace he had - he will be in the top ten by the end of day 3, BUT I don`t know about SuperRally rules - how the points can be gained under this system I'd like to know?
he gets the point if he can gain the time and be in the top ten in the end...therefor the penaltytime so you can continue to compete. so a top ten is posible still.