Erzbergrodeo XVI

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Erzbergrodeo XVI

Post by Kriss » 30 May 2010, 16:59

Erzbergrodeo XVI 2010 03.06.-06.06.2010
Noch 3 Tage 13 Stunden, 4 Minuten und 20 Sekunden ...

Erzbergrodeo XVI: Former Formula-1 World Champion Kimi Räikkönen challenges the “Iron Giant”!
Presse Erzberg - 07.05.2010It’s all about speed! Though the Erzbergrodeo is best known as the world’s biggest Offroad event for motorbikes, Citroen WRC factory pilot Kimi Räikkönen will try to beat the Iron Road Prologue’s top time on 4 wheels.

Räikkönen will be challenged by none other than Taddy Blazusiak. The polish KTM factory rider is regarded as the world’s most dominant Xtreme Enduro rider and has won the notorious Red Bull Hare Scramble at Erzberg for three years in a row. Taddy will attack the „Iron Giant“ with his 2-stroke KTM and is once again one of the clear favourites to grab the prestigious Hare Scramble win in 2010.

In cooperation with Red Bull and KTM, Erzbergrodeo-Mastermind Karl Katoch presents the spectaculous fight Rallye-Car versus Offroad motorcycle on June 6th as one of the highlights at the 16th Erzbergrodeo. „We are really happy that Kimi has taken up this challenge with enthusiasm. Our spectators will have the outstanding possibility to witness the ultimate comparison of a high-tech Rallye car versus the ultralight and powerful Enduro motorcycle.“, says Katoch.

Räikkönen will be the first to attack the Iron Road Prologue’s 13 kilometer long gravel track with his more than 300 hp strong Citroen C4 WRC car. The 2007 Formula-1 World Champion has recently changed from his Ferrari cockpit into the highly competitive WRC Rallye Championship for 2010 and is currently ranked 10th place overall after 4 rounds. It’s more than obvoius that the blazingly fast Finn will arrive well prepared and fully loaded at Erzbergrodeo!

After Kimi’s dust has settled, Taddy Blazusiak will fire up his KTM 250 EXC and head towards the Erzberg’s summit to beat Kimis time. Not an easy task at all - but even though Räikkönen has way more horsepower under his wheels, Blazusiak will have the advantage of the ultralight and better handling of his motorbike on his side. The KTM can reach a high speed of 140 km/h and more on the wide gravel road and can go faster through the Prologue’s numerous hairpins.

No matter, who’s gonna win this challenge in the end – one thing is absolutely for sure: Motorsports fans from both sides can look forward to breathtaking drifts and astounding action at the Erzbergrodeo XVI.
http://www.erzbergrodeo.at/jart/prj3/mm ... 9416694508

LadyR

Re: Erzbergrodeo XVI

Post by LadyR » 30 May 2010, 18:17

Will be there! Hope, it will be exciting! :cool:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 30 May 2010, 18:19

it would superb
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 May 2010, 18:24

LadyR wrote:Will be there! Hope, it will be exciting! :cool:
so we can get info, pics, videos from you? :hug:
Have a great time :shhh:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 30 May 2010, 18:29

Kriss wrote:
I will do my best!
And I will defo post my stuff here! :) Hopefully, there will be enough chance to catch our man! :n

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 May 2010, 18:46

LadyR wrote:
Kriss wrote:
I will do my best!
And I will defo post my stuff here! :) Hopefully, there will be enough chance to catch our man! :n
I'm sure you will find the way :O

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 01 Jun 2010, 12:25

Great event, as I see it from the text, wish I could be there too and see how tough this summit track is with own eyes.
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 01 Jun 2010, 15:56

LadyR, that's really awesome!!!! :shhh: I hope you have a lot of fun and of course can see Kimi in action pretty close!!!! :thumbsup:

Have fun dear!!! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 01 Jun 2010, 16:07

Enjoy yourself LadyR I do hope you have a really good time :thumbsup: it should be soectacular and if you bumped into Kimi that would be the icing on the cake - fingers crossed for you, am jealous at the thought :drool:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 01 Jun 2010, 16:07

I'm going too!! :D I can't wait! :cool:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 01 Jun 2010, 16:13

miezicat wrote:I'm going too!! :D I can't wait! :cool:
Great Verena!!!! Have a great time also dear!!!! :shhh: And tell us everything after!!! :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 01 Jun 2010, 16:20

Ice-Ludy wrote:
miezicat wrote:I'm going too!! :D I can't wait! :cool:
Great Verena!!!! Have a great time also dear!!!! :shhh: And tell us everything after!!! :lol:
thanks Ludy, I hope I will have something to tell. :O

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 01 Jun 2010, 17:03

here is little more info from the http://www.redbullrallye.com site:
KIMI VS. TADDY IN RED BULL HARE SCRAMBLE SHOWDOWN

Kimi will go head-to-head with another Red Bull athlete: multiple trial bike champion Taddy Blazusiak, from Poland. While Taddy will be on his usual KTM trials bike, Kimi will race him in the Citroen C4 WRC that the Finn uses on this year’s World Rally Championship.

The challenge is an awesome one: 15 kilometres of dirt road up a mountainside quarry, with more twists and turns than the Da Vinci Code.

Around 1000 riders compete in the event over the course of the weekend, watched by thousands of spectators, but one of the highlights will be the showdown between Kimi and Taddy on Saturday.

It’s a straightforward race from start to finish, and plenty of pride is at stake because the loser will have to wash the winner’s vehicle.

Kimi has never been scared to push himself to the limit, but the challenge he has set himself this time is an awesome one, as Taddy has been the Hare Scramble champion for the past three years running.

Kimi, by contrast, has contested only five World Championship rallies at the wheel of his Citroen C4 WRC. As usual, he will be co-driven by fellow Finn Kaj Lindstrom, while Taddy will tackle the course on his own.

Kimi said: “It should be a really interesting experience, although I really don’t know what to expect. I love bikes and I’ve got a few of my own, so I’m really looking forward to meeting Taddy and seeing the action. One thing I don’t enjoy though is washing bikes, so I have to make sure that I win! Seriously though, it’s going to be a nice challenge and I really don’t know who can be quickest. I suppose it depends on what the course is like. I’ve seen some videos and it looks awesome. We’re going to have a lot of fun this weekend…”

Taddy added: “Erzberg is the race that started my career as an extreme enduro rider, so it is a very special for me. Getting the chance to compete against Kimmi in his rally car will be great. He's a great guy and a huge name in motorsport so I'm honoured to be racing against him. I will be doing some testing this week in order to be as best prepared as I can be. I've been fortunate at Erzberg and have three wins now, so I'm looking to make that four. But anything can happen at Erzberg, it's such a demanding and unforgiving place.”
they seems to have a nice price for losing :lol:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 01 Jun 2010, 19:52

Julia wrote:here is little more info from the http://www.redbullrallye.com site:
KIMI VS. TADDY IN RED BULL HARE SCRAMBLE SHOWDOWN

Kimi will go head-to-head with another Red Bull athlete: multiple trial bike champion Taddy Blazusiak, from Poland. While Taddy will be on his usual KTM trials bike, Kimi will race him in the Citroen C4 WRC that the Finn uses on this year’s World Rally Championship.

The challenge is an awesome one: 15 kilometres of dirt road up a mountainside quarry, with more twists and turns than the Da Vinci Code.

Around 1000 riders compete in the event over the course of the weekend, watched by thousands of spectators, but one of the highlights will be the showdown between Kimi and Taddy on Saturday.

It’s a straightforward race from start to finish, and plenty of pride is at stake because the loser will have to wash the winner’s vehicle.

Kimi has never been scared to push himself to the limit, but the challenge he has set himself this time is an awesome one, as Taddy has been the Hare Scramble champion for the past three years running.

Kimi, by contrast, has contested only five World Championship rallies at the wheel of his Citroen C4 WRC. As usual, he will be co-driven by fellow Finn Kaj Lindstrom, while Taddy will tackle the course on his own.

Kimi said: “It should be a really interesting experience, although I really don’t know what to expect. I love bikes and I’ve got a few of my own, so I’m really looking forward to meeting Taddy and seeing the action. One thing I don’t enjoy though is washing bikes, so I have to make sure that I win! Seriously though, it’s going to be a nice challenge and I really don’t know who can be quickest. I suppose it depends on what the course is like. I’ve seen some videos and it looks awesome. We’re going to have a lot of fun this weekend…”

Taddy added: “Erzberg is the race that started my career as an extreme enduro rider, so it is a very special for me. Getting the chance to compete against Kimmi in his rally car will be great. He's a great guy and a huge name in motorsport so I'm honoured to be racing against him. I will be doing some testing this week in order to be as best prepared as I can be. I've been fortunate at Erzberg and have three wins now, so I'm looking to make that four. But anything can happen at Erzberg, it's such a demanding and unforgiving place.”
they seems to have a nice price for losing :lol:
thanks for that. go Taddy! :n :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 01 Jun 2010, 20:03

Erzbergrodeo 2010 - List of Events

=== SATURDAY ===

GENERALI Iron Road Prolog – 2nd heat

At 08:00 in the morning 1,500 riders battle theit way to the summit of the Erzberg again. Only the best 500 pilots will bet he chosen ones for the infamous RED BULL HARE SCRAMBLE on Sunday.

FÖRCH One-On-One Rider Presentation II

From 03:00pm to 05:00pm there is a second rider presentation in the Erzbergrodeo arena.

RED BULL Motorclash

At 06:00pm a true highlight of the whole Erzbergrodeo will take place! Former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Räikkönen will race his WRC Citröen C4 Rallyecar against 3-time Erzbergrodeo champ Taddy Blazusiak. A reckless, crazy high-speed pursuit to the top of the Iron Giant.

FÖRCH FMX-Party

The fmx4ever-crew will leave spectator with their mouths open in amazement. Breathtaking jumps and manevers more than 10 meters above the heads of a enthusiastic crowd seem to deny all laws of gravity.

RIDER PARTY

Following the prize giving ceremony of the GENERALI Iron Road Prolog, where the final 500 riders for the RED BULL Hare Scramble will be announced, all hell breaks loose. The legendary RIDER PARTY takes up speed and will not end before the break o dawn.
http://www.erzbergrodeo.at/jart/prj3/mm ... 3771051154