Erzbergrodeo XVI

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Erzbergrodeo XVI

Post by Acropolis » 07 Jun 2010, 11:38

Kimi looks just like a kid.....a mischievous kid.....
again,so happy for you ladyR!!!!!!

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 07 Jun 2010, 12:07

Thanks and welcome people again! Glad, that you all enjoyed.

Having Kimi in WRC gives us all the hope to see him close. We already got many evidences about that this year!
That's damn cool! :)

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 07 Jun 2010, 12:39

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:so again...great pics ladyR :) :) :) and thanks soooo much for sharing :) :)

damn nobody pays attention about his smell .... but got to admit it: I forgot it as well :lol:

I have to admit that when I saw the picture that LadyR posted of him really up close, I did think 'he looks like he smells amazing' :lol:

Thanks for all the pictures - they're fantastic! :thumbsup:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Jun 2010, 15:17

A very nice and fun article about Kimis and Taddys fight from Red Bull webbsite :cool:
Taddy's Carwash

It was Taddy Blazusiak v Kimi Räikkönen, two wheels against four, in a unique race at Austria’s Erzberg Rodeo – and it was Kimi who took the spoils, while Taddy took to Kimi’s car with bucket and sponge…

In the end, it came down to just 28 seconds. Räikkönen – the fearless Iceman of former Formula One fame – challenged Blazusiak, a fellow madman and enduro biker, to a duel at the Erzberg Rodeo.

Kimi would be driving the two-litre, turbocharged, 300bhp Citroën C4 WRC that he normally uses on the World Rally Championship, while Taddy was on his KTM trials bike. This boasted the somewhat more modest output of 71bhp from 550cc.

But it’s all about ‘horses for courses’, an appropriate metaphor when it comes to dealing with a rodeo. In fact, most bucking broncos would deliver a considerably smoother ride than the one offered by the gravel surface that Kimi and Taddy were competing on.

The route was a 13km boulder-strewn road, carved out of a mountainside quarry. Imagine Climb Dance (the epic Ari Vatanen Pike’s Peak hillclimb film) crossed with Mad Max, and you get the general idea.

Erzberg is the venue for the Red Bull Hare Scramble: a knockout race during which around 1,500 mad bikers compete for the title of Hare Scramble champion. Taddy, from Poland, has won it for the last three years – so it would be fair to conclude that he knows it a bit.

Kimi, by contrast, has just five world rallies under his belt in the C4 WRC. And he’s never driven on a road as rough as this. In fact, until he started rallying this year, a rough road for Kimi meant running over a manhole cover in Monaco.

“It reminds me a bit of the Safari Rally in places,” said Kimi’s co-driver Kaj Lindstrom after they returned from a quick recce – complete with a puncture on the Citroen C-Crosser that they had purloined for practice purposes. In total, they faced 93 corners, many of them blind.

Taddy however – short for Tadeusz, the Pole’s full name – was unperturbed. “I think I’m going to have a job beating the car down the road, even though I know the way pretty well,” he said. “The beginning part of the road is tight and twisty, so I’m going to have to try and take advantage there.”

Kimi doesn’t generally go in for bold predictions and sweeping statements – nor was he about to start now. “I wouldn’t want to guess who is going to be quicker,” said Räikkönen. “For us, it’s going to be a question of getting the car down there in one piece. Some parts of the road are very rough, so it could be easy to have some damage or a puncture, and other bits are really narrow.”

Taddy set off first, just to show Kimi what he had to beat. Dodging the rocks, he screamed down the course in front of an estimated 45,000 spectators, many of whom were by now well-acquainted with the beer tent. It was a great show, and the Pole reckoned he couldn’t have done it faster.

Next up was Räikkönen, the Iceman now beginning to melt in the unexpectedly warm weather of Austria. He, too, gave it everything in front of an appreciative audience, but it was impossible to tell visually who was quicker. A black market of betting emerged among punters looking to make a quick buck, with Kimi attracting a lot of the smart money.

The result was announced at a dramatic finale, with the loser having to wash the other’s vehicle. Helpfully, the organisers had provided a bucket of water and some sponges for the occasion.

“It’s all about the fun today – the real action starts tomorrow with the actual Hare Scramble,” said Taddy. He was fortunate to see things that way, as he was the one who ended up wielding the sponges. Kimi had beaten him by 28 seconds, not a massive margin though given the length of the stage.

“I think we were able to clinch it at the very end because the rally car has a better top speed, which made a difference in the fast bits,” said Kimi. “But actually it was very close. And we had a lot of fun.”

So for the time being it’s a case of two wheels good, four wheels better. But Taddy is already muttering something about revenge. And Kimi is definitely deranged enough to take him on again…
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 2858242601
Last edited by Julia on 07 Jun 2010, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 07 Jun 2010, 16:00

45000 people went to the race, that was more than the f1 race in Turkey..beer and Kimi thats a winning combo too
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Jun 2010, 16:06

you noticed that too, 45 000 is much more than in many F1-races this year...

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 07 Jun 2010, 16:10

Maria d wrote:45000 people went to the race, that was more than the f1 race in Turkey..beer and Kimi thats a winning combo too
I thought there are 100 000-200 000 people at F1

:huh:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 07 Jun 2010, 16:14

Lynx'niK wrote:
Maria d wrote:45000 people went to the race, that was more than the f1 race in Turkey..beer and Kimi thats a winning combo too

not at the Turkey race this year, the tv broadcasters made note of the race not having full grandstands.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Jun 2010, 16:20

Maria d wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:

not at the Turkey race this year, the tv broadcasters made note of the race not having full grandstands.
kimi effect.. :lol:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 07 Jun 2010, 16:23

yes yes KIMI effect :shhh:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 07 Jun 2010, 16:58

Julia wrote:A very nice and fun article about Kimis and Taddys fight from Red Bull webbsite :cool:
Taddy's Carwash

It was Taddy Blazusiak v Kimi Räikkönen, two wheels against four, in a unique race at Austria’s Erzberg Rodeo – and it was Kimi who took the spoils, while Taddy took to Kimi’s car with bucket and sponge…

In the end, it came down to just 28 seconds. Räikkönen – the fearless Iceman of former Formula One fame – challenged Blazusiak, a fellow madman and enduro biker, to a duel at the Erzberg Rodeo.

Kimi would be driving the two-litre, turbocharged, 300bhp Citroën C4 WRC that he normally uses on the World Rally Championship, while Taddy was on his KTM trials bike. This boasted the somewhat more modest output of 71bhp from 550cc.

But it’s all about ‘horses for courses’, an appropriate metaphor when it comes to dealing with a rodeo. In fact, most bucking broncos would deliver a considerably smoother ride than the one offered by the gravel surface that Kimi and Taddy were competing on.

The route was a 13km boulder-strewn road, carved out of a mountainside quarry. Imagine Climb Dance (the epic Ari Vatanen Pike’s Peak hillclimb film) crossed with Mad Max, and you get the general idea.

'Actually it was very close. And we had a lot of fun' – Kimi Räikkönen

Erzberg is the venue for the Red Bull Hare Scramble: a knockout race during which around 1,500 mad bikers compete for the title of Hare Scramble champion. Taddy, from Poland, has won it for the last three years – so it would be fair to conclude that he knows it a bit.

Kimi, by contrast, has just five world rallies under his belt in the C4 WRC. And he’s never driven on a road as rough as this. In fact, until he started rallying this year, a rough road for Kimi meant running over a manhole cover in Monaco.

“It reminds me a bit of the Safari Rally in places,” said Kimi’s co-driver Kaj Lindstrom after they returned from a quick recce – complete with a puncture on the Citroen C-Crosser that they had purloined for practice purposes. In total, they faced 93 corners, many of them blind.

Taddy however – short for Tadeusz, the Pole’s full name – was unperturbed. “I think I’m going to have a job beating the car down the road, even though I know the way pretty well,” he said. “The beginning part of the road is tight and twisty, so I’m going to have to try and take advantage there.”

Kimi doesn’t generally go in for bold predictions and sweeping statements – nor was he about to start now. “I wouldn’t want to guess who is going to be quicker,” said Räikkönen. “For us, it’s going to be a question of getting the car down there in one piece. Some parts of the road are very rough, so it could be easy to have some damage or a puncture, and other bits are really narrow.”
KTM Images

Taddy set off first, just to show Kimi what he had to beat. Dodging the rocks, he screamed down the course in front of an estimated 45,000 spectators, many of whom were by now well-acquainted with the beer tent. It was a great show, and the Pole reckoned he couldn’t have done it faster.

Next up was Räikkönen, the Iceman now beginning to melt in the unexpectedly warm weather of Austria. He, too, gave it everything in front of an appreciative audience, but it was impossible to tell visually who was quicker. A black market of betting emerged among punters looking to make a quick buck, with Kimi attracting a lot of the smart money.

The result was announced at a dramatic finale, with the loser having to wash the other’s vehicle. Helpfully, the organisers had provided a bucket of water and some sponges for the occasion.

“It’s all about the fun today – the real action starts tomorrow with the actual Hare Scramble,” said Taddy. He was fortunate to see things that way, as he was the one who ended up wielding the sponges. Kimi had beaten him by 28 seconds, not a massive margin though given the length of the stage.

“I think we were able to clinch it at the very end because the rally car has a better top speed, which made a difference in the fast bits,” said Kimi. “But actually it was very close. And we had a lot of fun.”

So for the time being it’s a case of two wheels good, four wheels better. But Taddy is already muttering something about revenge. And Kimi is definitely deranged enough to take him on again…
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 2858242601
Thx so much for the article! :hug:

Hehe, I thought, the Iceman doesn't melt?! He said that once. Haha, we managed to get him melting! :C: :lol:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 07 Jun 2010, 17:00

Well, it is great....45000 people....yeah, beer, there were always a smell in the air, sometimes more, sometimes less.... :cool:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 07 Jun 2010, 17:29

LadyR wrote:
Well, it is great....45000 people....yeah, beer, there were always a smell in the air, sometimes more, sometimes less.... :cool:
:lol:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 07 Jun 2010, 18:21

7/6/10
Raikkonen takes his first rally victory

Citroen Junior Team’s Kimi Raikkonen claimed victory over the weekend in his showdown against Polish enduro bike rider Taddy Blazusiak, organised by their mutual sponsor, Red Bull.

Raikkonen drove his regular Citroen C4 WRC on a 13-kilometre gravel stage time trial near Erzberg, Austria, that forms part of the Red Bull Hare Scramble bike event. Blazusiak - a triple Hare Scramble champion - rode the same stage on his KTM bike but had to give best to the former Formula One title-winner, who won the stage by 28 seconds.

A crowd of more than 30,000 people gathered to see the head-to-head encounter, which was held on rough gravel. In total, the twisty stage contained 93 corners but became progressively faster towards the finish. As a forfeit, the loser was tasked with washing the winner’s vehicle on the podium.

Raikkonen, the 2007 Formula One champion, said: “It’s the first time that I’ve ever done anything like this and I really enjoyed myself. It was a very close contest and in the end I think our better top speed in the rally car is what helped us. In the slow parts, it was much more evenly matched. I like bikes a lot, so it was great to meet Taddy and chat with him.”

Blasuziak concluded: “Really, it was all about the fun. It was a privilege for me to compete against Kimi and I hope that we put on a good show. I tried my hardest, but in the end it wasn’t quite enough, so now I just have to congratulate Kimi. And wash his car too!”

Raikkonen’s next challenge will be Rally della Lanterna in Italy this weekend: a small asphalt event that the Citroen Junior Team is using as preparation for the forthcoming sealed-surface rounds of the World Rally Championship.
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=8068

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 07 Jun 2010, 20:02

Guys...thanks a lot for all the info!!!!

Courtesy of Wenny. Pretty cool!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_10tkOa ... r_embedded
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”