The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by brendakarli » 11 Apr 2010, 14:58

@kracer,

I actually was not into F1 when kimi just entered...I only watched a couple of races and was wondering who the chap was who was driving the wheels off his car and the number of times that his car died on him while he was charging so valiantly...then when I started to seriously pay attention to F1 (I think it was 2006 by then, I was thinking I much like kimi more than uni-brow fonzi's body language...so by 2007, I was rooting for kimi until I thought it would be impossible to make up 17 points and with hammy not being able to score in all of the last 3 races!!! I think when I gave up rooting, it was the time my jinxing stopped, hehe...that's why I now believe I am a jinx!!!
The JINX

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by dindi » 11 Apr 2010, 15:38

kracer wrote:The only thing that worries me is if he gets into a crash and hurts himself and it just seems that rally is more dangerous in that sense although I know the cars are really sturdy too. :fear:

I also agree that the first thing I noticed about Kimi was all the hype about his superlicense, then I noticed his speed and I was like "Wow!"

Then when he stepped out of the car it was an even greater "WOW!"

But aside from his talent and skill in driving, what really makes me admire him now is his personality - he never says anything bad about any person or team and he handled the whole Ferrari situation with quiet dignity. :cool:
Chef, don't worry about the Kimster. He actually thinks it's more dangerous to go horseback riding :blink:

Hmmm, since it's how-did-you-become-a-kimi-fan storytelling time, lemme share mine really quickly: Brasil '03, everyone was crashing out because of the heavy rains pouring on Interlagos. Then there was this one crazy mthrfckr charging through the pack on a wet circuit and I thought, "this guy is frigging fast!" And then he went on to win the race (well, not really. I forget what the regulations said which handed the win to Fisico), stepped onto the middle of the podium, and ran his fingers through his hair... then I muttered to myself, "Wow. Ampogi naman nito" (Hey, this guy's pretty cute)! It was a no-brainer, really. Always been casually interested in F1, then came some crazy Finnish dude who goes flat out in the rain. That he looks the way he does is a big, fat bonus :)

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 11 Apr 2010, 15:46

dindi wrote: Chef, don't worry about the Kimster. He actually thinks it's more dangerous to go horseback riding :blink:

:lol: :lol:

You mean, cuz he is allergic against horse fur, or? I read once, that it makes him sneezing all the time if he has a horse in his environment... :80: ''hmm''

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 Apr 2010, 15:48

LadyR wrote: You mean, cuz he is allergic against horse fur, or? I read once, that it makes him sneezing all the time if he has a horse in his environment... :80: ''hmm''
I guess that Jenni like horses more than Formulas :lol:
I miss a babysitter

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 11 Apr 2010, 15:48

welll now that we are talking how we get become the kimi fan... my story is when i watched F1 again after so long (forgot the year).. my eyes were caught by the name on his car and saw the way he drove, and boom instantly i start to follow F1 again... after that his look is makes me drooling... such a perfect combination... !yahoo:

Dindi... i'm serious about the kopi :) :Off topic:
Last edited by Vida on 11 Apr 2010, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 11 Apr 2010, 15:50

Moominpappa wrote:
LadyR wrote: You mean, cuz he is allergic against horse fur, or? I read once, that it makes him sneezing all the time if he has a horse in his environment... :80: ''hmm''
I guess that Jenni like horses more than Formulas :lol:
So, in sportive stuff, they doesn't come together.... :lol:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 11 Apr 2010, 15:55

I think he had a traumatic experience the first time he tried riding one of Jenni's horses... you know Kimi, he always wants to go flat out whatever he's "driving" (in this case, a horse). You don't go on a horse for the first time and immediately try to make it go as fast as it can, do you? Well, Kimi did :p Pretty soon he was shouting, asking how to make the horse stop :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 16:34

These were funny to read :lol:

Vida, you forgot that there is a special smiley here :drool:

My story: Jacques Villeneuve because he looked so cool, like a punk rocker with his white dyed hair :blush:

Some of us need the 'human element' :zz:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Apr 2010, 17:11

Wolfie wrote:These were funny to read :lol:

Vida, you forgot that there is a special smiley here :drool:

My story: Jacques Villeneuve because he looked so cool, like a punk rocker with his white dyed hair :blush:

I liked JV too :wave: Because of the human element :lol:
Later I picked Kimi, he was sooo different in every way :zz: ( :drool: )

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 17:23

Kriss wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I liked JV too :wave: Because of the human element :lol:
Later I picked Kimi, he was sooo different in every way :zz: ( :drool: )
How long before the rally starts, we are getting seriously restless here already :lol:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 Apr 2010, 17:44

Wolfie: can you remember how much was written for Kimi in Finnish media, when he got the first Sauber test? Even then was absolutely clear that he was not as typical forumula driver. I remember how his eyes was made one of the news. Look, the man with cyborg's gaze or something like that.
I miss a babysitter

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 11 Apr 2010, 18:37

I have watched F1 since Häkkinen's first world championship in 1998.. it was such a huge thing in Finland that Häkkinen won a championship, and the next year he won again - two in a row! I really liked Häkkinen, but I can't really say I was a fan of his in the extent I am a Kimi fan. I have always thought there is something exceptional about Kimi that even Häkkinen doesn't have... I noticed Kimi in 2001 when it was his first year in Sauber, because he was a rookie and instantly was able to set so fast times. It was impressive! Then when Kimi went to McLaren the next season I really started to root for him.... and season by season my fanatism has grown :blush: His talent was the first thing I noticed, that's for sure. But his unique personality was something very appealing.... and the looks doesn't hurt either :cool:

can't wait for Rally Turkey!

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 11 Apr 2010, 19:01

dindi wrote:I think he had a traumatic experience the first time he tried riding one of Jenni's horses... you know Kimi, he always wants to go flat out whatever he's "driving" (in this case, a horse). You don't go on a horse for the first time and immediately try to make it go as fast as it can, do you? Well, Kimi did :p Pretty soon he was shouting, asking how to make the horse stop :lol:
Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that happened it must have been hirlarious for those watching :) but I bet it was the first time he perhaps felt fear. It is not a good feel being out of control on a runaway horse even when you are an competent rider (speaking from experience), so must be terrifying to a beginner he was so lucky he wasnt thrown.

So pleased to be united with the Kimi family again :hug: thanks to the help of Brenda :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 19:20

KIMBO1 wrote: Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that happened it must have been hirlarious for those watching :) but I bet it was the first time he perhaps felt fear. It is not a good feel being out of control on a runaway horse even when you are an competent rider (speaking from experience), so must be terrifying to a beginner he was so lucky he wasnt thrown.

So pleased to be united with the Kimi family again :hug: thanks to the help of Brenda :wave:
KIMBO1, there you are :hug:

We were so worried about how to get in touch with you :fear:

There are some people who maybe doesn't know and I don't know if it's right to PM them, can somebody help me with this one?

milpt140, JasonBourne, Pixy, lynne, yvonnekk, Ploert, beefree88, aivilk, ish678, Toshiyaba to begin with :(

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Apr 2010, 19:21

Leijona wrote:His talent was the first thing I noticed, that's for sure. But his unique personality was something very appealing.... and the looks doesn't hurt either :cool:
Same here! :)

Btw, I was a fan of Mika Häkkinen, though not as crazy as Kimi's but was rooting for him 100%. He was such an exceptional racer! :cool:

@Wolfie: I can inform beefree! :)