It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 03:41

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 495  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 08:44  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
maybe becoz he was scheduled to go to Monaco already
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 08:48  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Vida wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Hi Brenda, I saw it differently ''hmm''

For me it was disappointing to read his interviews because it looked to me that he is definitely going back to F1 next year...

After reading about the new teams in WRC next year it made it even more clear but then again... who knows?

Vettel and Kimi would be an awesome pairing though, they might well set an example for the whole grid on how well team mates can get along off the track. They would be the giggling duo on the paddock :lol:


really nicole you think that.. why...? if you dont mind to explain... coz from my view that big possibility that he will stay at rally...


Hi Vida, I'm basing it on some comments he made yesterday to different reporters:

– The scale hasn't leaned over to rally, no decisions have been made yet.

- I have a contract for this year only so it might be that everything changes next year.

- Of course F1 is the sport that I have been doing for long. Of course you would want to do it but there are also a lot of other things you can do for your living.

- Of course I have to see first what next year brings. I have nothing against F1 but I don't have any craving to go back either. Of course things could change quickly.

***

So knowing that Kimi is an honest man and at least tries to be honest in what he says without revealing too much (in fact they were pissed at Ferrari because he was too open to the media about the car so he had to learn to keep his mouth shut) and learning that the guys who have been testing next year's Citroen-car are: Loeb, Sordo, Ogier and Kris Meeke - that makes me think that he isn't going to drive in rally next year. He might well go back to F1 for a year and see what the new WRC-serie is about before committing into anything.

He loves rallying so he might well save it for later, wait for Loeb to retire, concentrate on WRC after he is done with F1.

It wasn't his decision to leave Ferrari and I'm sure that he doesn't want to paint a picture of himself longing back there since it might well be that he is the biggest name on the market so why go begging for a place?

I don't know, after reading all his interviews yesterday it looks like it is going to be Red Bull next year and after he gets to quit F1 on his own terms he might concentrate on rally - seriously.

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 08:52  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Posts: 1163
Location: Hungary
Vida wrote:
maybe becoz he was scheduled to go to Monaco already


New Zealand rally is 05-07, May and that is the Barcelona GP weekend in F1 and not the Monaco GP one!


Pesonally my feeling is that Kimi is going back to F1 next year. But it can be that I just wanna feel that and hope for it till the announcement. He's just playing the game right now, and will do that till the end of the year. :zz:

I agree with the people who says that this was the last chance to try rallying with these WRC cars and this chance came at the best time in his life and career.

Wolfie wrote:
He loves rallying so he might well save it for later, wait for Loeb to retire, concentrate on WRC after he is done with F1.

It wasn't his decision to leave Ferrari and I'm sure that he doesn't want to paint a picture of himself longing back there since it might well be that he is the biggest name on the market so why go begging for a place?

I don't know, after reading all his interviews yesterday it looks like it is going to be Red Bull next year and after he gets to quit F1 on his own terms he might concentrate on rally - seriously.


Absolutely!!!!!! :shhh:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 08:55  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
apple wrote:
Didnt Kimi say in one of those MTV3 interview that the scale hasnt yet leaned in favour of rally. And then in almost the next sentence he says "he doesnt miss F1,not yet."
He is just playing the game again and maybe he doesnt even know it himself but like Nicole says the news about new teams, I think he will consider very carefully what to do next year. It depends on offers he gets from rally teams if he gets them and ofcourse offers he gets from F1.


Yup, Apple :O

Question is would he be interested in driving for a Junior Team and what other teams are there in rally next year? A lot of wild cards and it might even be a wise decision to stay out for a year at least to see which cars are strong and which aren't?

I can't believe I'm thinking about it this way, maybe I'm just preparing myself mentally if he goes back to F1 :lol:

How are you doing, Apple :hug:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 09:03  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
Kinga wrote:
Vida wrote:
maybe becoz he was scheduled to go to Monaco already


New Zealand rally is 05-07, May and that is the Barcelona GP weekend in F1 and not the Monaco GP one!




i know... but it will be so close to travel back and foward from NZ to europe... well that is my thought
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 09:05  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45
Posts: 491
wolfie,

for me, when he said he isn't exactly craving being back in F1 kinda of told me he would stay in rally if given the right car and proving himself well ahead of next year.

the interesting thing I read somewhere was that he felt the rally car was moving like an old lady :rofl: no rocket under his legs to propel him to speeds he is used to :rofl: that's kimi for you :p

Off-Topic: show
it's interesting he's appeared more slouched in interviews and that video of kaj talking about their work etc . It'slike he is super relaxed and completely at ease - very unlike that of when he is in F1 - a total 180!!

_________________
The JINX
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 09:07  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
Wolfie wrote:

Hi Vida, I'm basing it on some comments he made yesterday to different reporters:

– The scale hasn't leaned over to rally, no decisions have been made yet.

- I have a contract for this year only so it might be that everything changes next year.

- Of course F1 is the sport that I have been doing for long. Of course you would want to do it but there are also a lot of other things you can do for your living.

- Of course I have to see first what next year brings. I have nothing against F1 but I don't have any craving to go back either. Of course things could change quickly.

***

So knowing that Kimi is an honest man and at least tries to be honest in what he says without revealing too much (in fact they were pissed at Ferrari because he was too open to the media about the car so he had to learn to keep his mouth shut) and learning that the guys who have been testing next year's Citroen-car are: Loeb, Sordo, Ogier and Kris Meeke - that makes me think that he isn't going to drive in rally next year. He might well go back to F1 for a year and see what the new WRC-serie is about before committing into anything.

He loves rallying so he might well save it for later, wait for Loeb to retire, concentrate on WRC after he is done with F1.

It wasn't his decision to leave Ferrari and I'm sure that he doesn't want to paint a picture of himself longing back there since it might well be that he is the biggest name on the market so why go begging for a place?

I don't know, after reading all his interviews yesterday it looks like it is going to be Red Bull next year and after he gets to quit F1 on his own terms he might concentrate on rally - seriously.


thanks nicole.... but the word of not craving for F1, and doesnt like the situation right now at F1 makes me thing the other way around
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 09:08  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
brendakarli wrote:
wolfie,

for me, when he said he isn't exactly craving being back in F1 kinda of told me he would stay in rally if given the right car and proving himself well ahead of next year.

the interesting thing I read somewhere was that he felt the rally car was moving like an old lady :rofl: no rocket under his legs to propel him to speeds he is used to :rofl: that's kimi for you :p

Off-Topic: show
it's interesting he's appeared more slouched in interviews and that video of kaj talking about their work etc . It'slike he is super relaxed and completely at ease - very unlike that of when he is in F1 - a total 180!!


Has he been reading this forum :lol:

Dracaena's Granny-style was once again brilliant :shhh:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 10:17  
Wolfie wrote:

Has he been reading this forum :lol:



To be serious....that's not impossible! :zz:

Maybe one of you guys is Kimi! :blink:

So, hi dude! :lol:
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 10:43  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 07:09
Posts: 307
Its fun to speculate about Kimis future, isnt it :) And its only going to increase in intensity in the media the closer we get to summer and during it. What I wouldnt give to be a fly on the wall at the Robertsons.

Im with Wolfie on this one. To me, it seems a bit more likely that he is looking into F1 next year after reading those interviews. But thats my impression. S2000 rally cars sounds sucky to me and possibly Kimi too. 2011 and 2012 might be 2 good years for Kimi in F1 before they bring those big changes for 2013. Again, thats my reasoning. In 13 he could switch to rallying again. He has the pacenotes and the experience this time, and Loeb is most likely gone by then.

Im so glad Kimi didnt take the Brawn/Mercedes GP seat last year. I really wanted him to at the time. But the car is currently understeering like a shopping cart and that is murder for Kimi. (And Schumi) They didnt compensate enough for the narrower front tires.
Also, Horner said in a recent interview that he would like Kimi driving for Red Bull if he was to return. But also said that he wasnt even sure he would get him as many teams would be interested.

_________________
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 10:59  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Posts: 651
Location: finland
Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:
Didnt Kimi say in one of those MTV3 interview that the scale hasnt yet leaned in favour of rally. And then in almost the next sentence he says "he doesnt miss F1,not yet."
He is just playing the game again and maybe he doesnt even know it himself but like Nicole says the news about new teams, I think he will consider very carefully what to do next year. It depends on offers he gets from rally teams if he gets them and ofcourse offers he gets from F1.


Yup, Apple :O

Question is would he be interested in driving for a Junior Team and what other teams are there in rally next year? A lot of wild cards and it might even be a wise decision to stay out for a year at least to see which cars are strong and which aren't?

I can't believe I'm thinking about it this way, maybe I'm just preparing myself mentally if he goes back to F1 :lol:

How are you doing, Apple :hug:

Yep, there is lots of wild cards and I believe Kimi will be putting the good things in rally to the other basket and good things in F1 on the other . And ofcourse the bad things too. Soo..the desicion is only Kimis and yes, in his own terms, I believe so too.
I am in a hurry now, tomorrow comes a bus full of kids to see our farm,again and must say concerning present circumstances I am not that thrilled :blush: . I am tired and would like to rest but the pains are gone now as I think the medicine helps. Still lots of tests ahead.. :fear:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 11:27  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 23:05
Posts: 991
Location: Brasil
Raikkonen still not ruling out F1 return
Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen insists he still has not made a decision about returning to Formula One in 2011.

After agreeing to end his Ferrari contract a year early late in 2009, the Finn signed on with Red Bull and Citroen and then endured a difficult and crash-laden start to his new career in the World Rally Championship.

But early this month in Jordan, 30-year-old Raikkonen became the first driver since Carlos Reutemann to score points in both F1 and world rallying.

And then shortly after declaring he is not missing Formula One, he finished less than 7 minutes behind winner Sebastien Loeb in Turkey for fifth place.

But when asked if his recent results make it more likely he will stick with rallying in 2011, Raikkonen told Turun Sanomat newspaper: "It has not turned in any direction.

"There is no rush for me to make decisions. We'll have to see what are the possibilities and what for me is the most interesting -- what I enjoy the most and what it is I most want to do," he added.

"We will see at a point some time later this year," said Raikkonen.

Famously not fond of F1's off-track activities and pressures, and ruing the lost days of characters like James Hunt, Raikkonen's observers agree that he seems happier in the rallying world.

"If the F1 world could go back 20 years, it would be the same as rallying now," he said. "It (rallying) is still professional but in just a bit more of a relaxed style."

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 5792&FS=F1

_________________
http://grandprixgirlsf1-en.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Anelise30
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 11:35  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Posts: 1183
Location: Finland
Kimi is absolutely the best publicity/advertisement for rally within many years :) - even if he go back to F1 next year.

_________________
I miss a babysitter
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 03:14  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17
Posts: 2380
Country: Philippines (ph)
Vida wrote:
TK, Vida!

And welcome, Duey! You'll love it here :::
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 14:54  
http://www.heikkala.fi/gallery/mainosku ... _dna.A.jpg

:)
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 495  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB