It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 09:11

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 08:26  
F1 Routinier

so long talking about this issue, and I have not managed to decide yet if I think it is probable or not, or even what I would prefer to happen :fear:

My personal experience with Autosprint is that they are reliable for Italian issues, but not so much for the other things. Moreover, 2 days ago, they were saying the deal was ready, with just the signature missing. Now they say "some people say" the negotiations are being terribly difficult.

About Danner's statements: during Abu Dhabi GP, Danner told on TV that all teams should stay away of Kimi because of the way he lives. Now, he just found a better excuse. It's pretty weird, though, I had never heard Danner talk that way of a driver. I suspect, he is acting that way because he thinks Kimi could get Sutil out of F1 ''hmm''
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 10:03  
F1 Driver

Mar wrote:
so long talking about this issue, and I have not managed to decide yet if I think it is probable or not, or even what I would prefer to happen :fear:

I feel exactly the same. As long as Kimi is doing what he wants I guess it is alright with me.

Mar wrote:
My personal experience with Autosprint is that they are reliable for Italian issues, but not so much for the other things. Moreover, 2 days ago, they were saying the deal was ready, with just the signature missing. Now they say "some people say" the negotiations are being terribly difficult.

About Danner's statements: during Abu Dhabi GP, Danner told on TV that all teams should stay away of Kimi because of the way he lives. Now, he just found a better excuse. It's pretty weird, though, I had never heard Danner talk that way of a driver. I suspect, he is acting that way because he thinks Kimi could get Sutil out of F1 ''hmm''

Williams have been really quiet about the driver situation I believe the decision is made, (whether it is Kimi or not), they will announce it when they have planned to do so. (Which could even be after the Brazilian GP). But of course people usually get nervous when things go quiet. So will properly see new speculation everyday. :lol:

I dont see much in the Autosprint story it just speculation, it seems like it is from an interview with Ross Brawn, so it isn't Williams or Kimi or the Robertsons, of course they could be right but it seems more like speculation. The last real story we had was when Boullier showed reporters that the Robertsons have contacted him and that was properly more then a week ago. Since then there has been nothing said or done by William or by the Robertsons, the announcement cant be that far away, whether it Kimi or not.

As for Danner :roll:: . He might not even be that concerned about Sutil it just seems like he trying to get attention by having a different opinion then everyone else. :p

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 12:55  
Kart Champion

Maldonado/Bottas seems the most likely scenario at this point for Williams according to the rumours.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 15:16  
Kart Champion

After this long time of speculation and no real news everybody wants to say his opinion (drivers, tv-moderators, ex-drivers...) but from the affected people we didn´t hear nothing more like "there are negotiations and there are no decisions yet". We can only wait for the official statement.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 16:56  
F1 Driver

NewF1Boy wrote:
Maldonado/Bottas seems the most likely scenario at this point for Williams according to the rumours.

I think the only thing Bottas are up for or ever was at this point is a Friday drive. They could rather go with Sutil then Bottas.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 18:43  
F1 Routinier

After the whole day driving, I had the hope there would be some kind of big news when I looked in the Internet. I didn't really cared what kind of big news: Kimi to Williams, Kimi to WRC, Kimi to watch the lettuces grow in his garden... But nope, nothing :(
I'm fed up :<>:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 15:16  
GP2 Driver

Mar wrote:
After the whole day driving, I had the hope there would be some kind of big news when I looked in the Internet. I didn't really cared what kind of big news: Kimi to Williams, Kimi to WRC, Kimi to watch the lettuces grow in his garden... But nope, nothing :(
I'm fed up :<>:

I'm also bored, but also worried for Kimi's future... :(
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 06:52  
F1 Routinier

Interesting tweet, don't know if reliable:
Quote:
@F1Kate Talk in the paddock this eve was that Williams have ditched Kimi and Rubens, with Pastor set to go v soon thanks to PDVSA funding fail. Hmm.

http://twitter.com/#!/F1Kate/status/139821194387009536
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 13:12  
Kart Champion

Massa missing Kimi :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 15:48  
F1 Routinier

From http://plus.autosport.com/premium/featu ... on-review/

Quote:

10. Kimi Raikkonen (Ice-1 Citroen)
Wins: 0
Podiums: 0
Stage wins: 0

And so to Kimi Raikkonen. This season showed an improvement in his pace, partly born out of the fact that the playing field was leveled slightly by the new cars being new for everybody. There was still the odd mistake here and there, but generally Raikkonen was improving.

The lack of a burning desire and desperate hunger – both understandable when he was competing essentially for fun having already topped the world in one motorsport discipline – was frustrating for those who can see what he could be capable of if he capitalised on his massive natural talent.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 16:10  
F1 Routinier

Another one waiving the motivation issue?

The guy is paying to drive his car, he can do with it whatever he pleases to do! :<>:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 16:46  
F1 Routinier

Last twist of the Williams story:

Now, according to Auto, Motor und Sport, the negotiations are broken but some people say it is because Williams didn't want to sell 20% of the team to Kimi. Now comes the interesting part: AMuS also says, Kimi tried to buy 20% of another two teams before he tried with Williams :blink: what could indicate that (if he is the one who broke the talks) somebody else might be willing to sell now.

Here a bit longer in our webpage:
news/after-williams-negotiations-fall-apart-raikkonen-heading-to-lotus-renault-report/10537/
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 17:17  
F1 Routinier

Not sure about the translation but apparently some sponsor offered to pay 8 million for Kimi's salary but the team rather have a pay driver?
http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/forme ... nault.html

But Motorsport-total says 12 million is the figure?
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 12521.html

Help please Mar [help] :pray: :hug:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 18:24  
F1 Driver

Mar wrote:
Last twist of the Williams story:

Now, according to Auto, Motor und Sport, the negotiations are broken but some people say it is because Williams didn't want to sell 20% of the team to Kimi. Now comes the interesting part: AMuS also says, Kimi tried to buy 20% of another two teams before he tried with Williams :blink: what could indicate that (if he is the one who broke the talks) somebody else might be willing to sell now.

Here a bit longer in our webpage:
news/after-williams-negotiations-fall-apart-raikkonen-heading-to-lotus-renault-report/10537/

This is very interesting at first I thought it was complete nonsense that Kimi would want shares in the team. But thinking about it a bit more there is some sense to it. Kimi was screwed over by Ferrari and he no control over that. Perhaps the only way he would return to F1 is if he had more control, at the end of the day any driver is just a puppet of the team. Or otherwise Kimi has just discovered a new fondness for team management.

20% is a relatively big cut, I wonder much is that in monetary terms.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 19:16  
F1 Routinier

sleenster wrote:
Not sure about the translation but apparently some sponsor offered to pay 8 million for Kimi's salary but the team rather have a pay driver?
http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/forme ... nault.html

But Motorsport-total says 12 million is the figure?
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 12521.html

Help please Mar [help] :pray: :hug:

Sorry for the delay, my brothers internet connection fell down :<>:

Motorsport-magazin says the sponsor offered 8 million to Renault but they didn't even think about it because they don't want a driver whose motivations not sure. EDIT: and who brings money (yes, that doesn't make sense, but it's motorsport-magazin)

Motorsport-total says that some media reports that the deal with Williams didn't work because Kimi asked for 12 millions as a salary.

Last edited by Mar on 25 Nov 2011, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495  Next