It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 17:27

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 495  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 19:54  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
Moominpappa wrote:
I think like lui. I so hope that it's not only the money. I so much hope that Kimi continue driving WRC full time.


I doubt that he will finance it :fear:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 19:57  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Posts: 1183
Location: Finland
Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Sounds like McLaren negotiations all over again. :(


probably with the same result :confused:

Hopefully :wave:

Kimi has improved very fast and I (as like Kaj) want to see how good he could be as rally driver.

_________________
I miss a babysitter
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 20:42  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
In my case, I don't understand what has happened this afternoon, to begin with.

During the FIA press conference, Williams says he can't comment on Kimi but then he goes out of the press conference, and a few minutes later he says a Finnish journalist that they are talking the money issue with Kimi :huh: How can he go from "I can't comment" to say they have to agree on the money?

Then we have the issue about a team boss saying to the press that he is talking with a driver but he wants too much money. True or not, it puts the driver in a bad light, it could be interpreted as "the driver is greedy". Me not like it :confused:

I would not be too surprised, though, if that were the real situation. There is a guy in Autosport I trust (he is really related with motorsport, I have checked it earlier with things not related to Kimi), and he said about a week ago that he had heard Williams and Kimi had already agreeded everything except the money.

And I would not be surprised if Kimi was asking for an important amount of money. He could simply take it a bit like: if I'm going to do this job, you are going to pay me what I deserve or I just stay at home. I still remember how Sleenster told last winter "once a pay-driver, always a pay-driver" and she was right. Look how Quesnel said several times they wanted Kimi to spend more money but he wouldn't... and so on :roll::

May this end like the McLaren story? Maybe. In my case, it would hurt less, though :lol: First, because I'm a McLaren fan and second because that Williams is sooooooooooo bad. The thought of watching a world champion lapped again and again and again every race, hurts :(
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 21:49  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
I don't think Kimi and Williams are as close as everyone thinks they are actually. For weeks McLaren/Kimi were saying all they needed was his signature, and look how that turned out :roll::

Is there any news about the sponsorship from Qatar? If a company was really interested in sponsoring them would it really take that long to reach a deal? :confused: All these stories about how Williams is going there to try to get sponsorship, how much convincing does Williams have to do anyway? :confused:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 21:52  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
Mar wrote:
May this end like the McLaren story? Maybe. In my case, it would hurt less, though :lol: First, because I'm a McLaren fan and second because that Williams is sooooooooooo bad. The thought of watching a world champion lapped again and again and again every race, hurts :(


I agree completely :thumbsup:
(maybe that's why he wants more money :zz: I'm just kidding )
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 04:58  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
Frank Williams MTV3 interview about Kimi Raikkonen


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjoI5JzhPSk
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 09:09  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
Thanks Iceman! :thumbsup:

Domenicalli :roll::
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 10:03  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
Thanks :)

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 10:15  
car driver

Joined: 24 Oct 2011, 18:12
Posts: 5
Country: Finland (fi)
If i put my speculations here i'd say: They want to agree with the future plans and the price of it. If the contract is over 1 year long, there are certain risks for Kimi. For example he propably don't want to find himself stuck somewhere with no signs of developement if it turns out to be like that after first year.
For Williams it's the same thing. How much they want to invest on such a risk? What do they get from it and is there another options that would bring the same with less risks?
Kimi is offcourse more known than any other option at the moment.

Personally i don't believe any of this until something is official. It may just be another show for the fans and the sport. If there is something going on, managers will offcourse take every dollar possible becouse it's their job and their income depends of the contract also.


Last edited by Juustoleipa on 12 Nov 2011, 10:22, edited 2 times in total.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 10:22  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Mar wrote:
In my case, I don't understand what has happened this afternoon, to begin with.

During the FIA press conference, Williams says he can't comment on Kimi but then he goes out of the press conference, and a few minutes later he says a Finnish journalist that they are talking the money issue with Kimi :huh: How can he go from "I can't comment" to say they have to agree on the money?

Then we have the issue about a team boss saying to the press that he is talking with a driver but he wants too much money. True or not, it puts the driver in a bad light, it could be interpreted as "the driver is greedy". Me not like it :confused:

I would not be too surprised, though, if that were the real situation. There is a guy in Autosport I trust (he is really related with motorsport, I have checked it earlier with things not related to Kimi), and he said about a week ago that he had heard Williams and Kimi had already agreeded everything except the money.

And I would not be surprised if Kimi was asking for an important amount of money. He could simply take it a bit like: if I'm going to do this job, you are going to pay me what I deserve or I just stay at home. I still remember how Sleenster told last winter "once a pay-driver, always a pay-driver" and she was right. Look how Quesnel said several times they wanted Kimi to spend more money but he wouldn't... and so on :roll::

May this end like the McLaren story? Maybe. In my case, it would hurt less, though :lol: First, because I'm a McLaren fan and second because that Williams is sooooooooooo bad. The thought of watching a world champion lapped again and again and again every race, hurts :(

Back then Kimi had an offer that was better for him, than what Macca offered so he easily refused to accept less than he wanted (and I don't mean financially). Now I'm not sure if he has a relly good other choice. Anyway we'll see how he decided even if we won't necessarily know why. :fear:

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:00  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
beefree88 wrote:
Mar wrote:
In my case, I don't understand what has happened this afternoon, to begin with.

During the FIA press conference, Williams says he can't comment on Kimi but then he goes out of the press conference, and a few minutes later he says a Finnish journalist that they are talking the money issue with Kimi :huh: How can he go from "I can't comment" to say they have to agree on the money?

Then we have the issue about a team boss saying to the press that he is talking with a driver but he wants too much money. True or not, it puts the driver in a bad light, it could be interpreted as "the driver is greedy". Me not like it :confused:

I would not be too surprised, though, if that were the real situation. There is a guy in Autosport I trust (he is really related with motorsport, I have checked it earlier with things not related to Kimi), and he said about a week ago that he had heard Williams and Kimi had already agreeded everything except the money.

And I would not be surprised if Kimi was asking for an important amount of money. He could simply take it a bit like: if I'm going to do this job, you are going to pay me what I deserve or I just stay at home. I still remember how Sleenster told last winter "once a pay-driver, always a pay-driver" and she was right. Look how Quesnel said several times they wanted Kimi to spend more money but he wouldn't... and so on :roll::

May this end like the McLaren story? Maybe. In my case, it would hurt less, though :lol: First, because I'm a McLaren fan and second because that Williams is sooooooooooo bad. The thought of watching a world champion lapped again and again and again every race, hurts :(

Back then Kimi had an offer that was better for him, than what Macca offered so he easily refused to accept less than he wanted (and I don't mean financially). Now I'm not sure if he has a relly good other choice. Anyway we'll see how he decided even if we won't necessarily know why. :fear:

What scares me is that Kimi does have another choice: to stay at home. :fear:

He doen't need the money so he is in the position of saying "you give me what I deserve (money or whatever) or I don't take it"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:02  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
Yeah but I think that he would be bored very easily! I think that he needs something to do! Well maybe he would care more about his Motocross team? Well anyway I´m almost sure that he will at least drive something. But of course when it comes to Kimi you never know what´s going on in his head

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 13:21  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Both Williams on the back row of the grid Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 13:28  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
I simply...
The change of the rules for next year is so small that I don't really know how can they improve.
Maybe I'm a bit negative at the moment because of what happened today morning, but at the moment I can only look at it like lose-lose situation. ::oops:;
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 13:38  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Well, if Kimi wants to get paid for driving around at the back then he better get paid well for it :roll::

Although if Kimi doesn't budge on salary issues usually he'll be the one that loses out because there are a long line of drivers waiting for that seat, with some of them bringing sponsorship as well.
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 495  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB