It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 06:25

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491 ... 495  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 18:20  
F1 Rookie

From Wolfie: :hug:
Quote:
http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/2011110914725911_fo.shtml

Räikkönen: We have had negotiations

9.11.2011 klo 15.43

Kimi Räikkönen says that he doesn't have a contract to F1 for next season, although he has negotiated over it.

- We have talked with them (Williams) but I don't have any contract one way or another. Nothing has changed, Räikkönen said.

Räikkönen's shakedown in Wales could be his last if his job continues in F1. If this happens, then Räikkönen leaves WRC in a good mood.

- It has been fun and we have improved when comparing to where we started from, Räikkönen estimated.

- I didn't expect anything from it although I always tried to drive as well as I could. Sometimes the results were better, sometimes worse, Räikkönen says about his WRC-rallies.

If Räikkönen's Citroen changes next season into Williams F1-car, then the change is smaller in Räikkönen's eyes than it was when he came to rally.

- It's a thing that I've been doing for the most part of my life. It's much more challenging to try something else, Räikkönen said about F1.

Räikkönen isn't swayed by the flexible rear wings and the couple new tracks in F1.

- From what you see in the television they haven't changed much. The biggest differences are in the tyres, Räikkönen estimated F1.

One heck of a talent

Kaj Lindström would like to see Räikkönen in WRC also in the future.

- He makes his own decisions but it would be interesting to see how far Räikkönen can go in rally, Lindström says.

- He can't develop his skills other than by driving. Kimi is one heck of a talent when it comes to steering the car. It just comes out of somewhere all by itself, Lindström says.

- I said already in the beginning that this is a four-year project if he wants to go to the top. The first developing steps are long but after that the steps are smaller.

STT
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 20:56  
F1 Rookie

Grazie momo! :O

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 06:59  
F1 Driver

I like the part where Kaj told his thoughts. Kaj is smart and patient man.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 07:41  
F1 Routinier

Thanks Momo :hug:

There is one thing about Kimi's statements yesterday that intrigues me. Maybe it's just an idiomatic issue, because in Spanish verb tenses are very important (we have a lot of them, we use all of them and it makes a difference which one you're using).

In all the translations I have read from Kimi's statements he speak using the past tense "we have talked to them", for me it sounds like "we talked, we are not talking now", but I suppose it's just idiomatic :confused:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 07:50  
F1 Driver

Mar, that was a very typical answer from Kimi. He told as less as possible and I think that he tries to avoid more rumors.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 10:13  
Donator

Mar wrote:
Thanks Momo :hug:

There is one thing about Kimi's statements yesterday that intrigues me. Maybe it's just an idiomatic issue, because in Spanish verb tenses are very important (we have a lot of them, we use all of them and it makes a difference which one you're using).

In all the translations I have read from Kimi's statements he speak using the past tense "we have talked to them", for me it sounds like "we talked, we are not talking now", but I suppose it's just idiomatic :confused:

Hi Mar,

A quick Kimi to English translation: "We are still talking with Williams but no papers signed yet". So even though he uses past tense it doesn't mean the negotiations have stopped. If that were the case he would probably just say it. So, as Moominpappa said, a bit of evasive manoeuvreing (how do you spell that word?? :lol: ) from Kimi.

In other news: MTV3 reports that Rosberg has signed a multi-year deal with Mercedes.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 10:15  
GP2 Driver

I hope that Kimi will continue rallying with Kaj with the Citroen DS3 WRC also in the future... :pray: :pray:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 10:38  
F1 Routinier

Thank you guys!
Sometimes, things get lost in translation :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 11:49  
Kart Champion

So this interview was the first statement of Kimi of negotations with Williams after a long time of speculations. Remember that his manger told weeks ago that there had been no negotations. If they had stopped I think Kimi would have said it (remember Renault last year). I´ve read in the offical forum that he signed for Ferrari in 2005 and till the mid of 2006 he never confirmed it. Maybe it´s the same here.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 22:22  
kart driver

http://www.espnstar.com/editorial/news/ ... R-triumph/

Slater: Iceman a PR triumph
ESPNSTAR.com columnist Steve Slater believes the past few weeks have been a PR triumph for the struggling Williams F1 team.
The build-up to this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix has been dominated by speculation that Kimi Raikkonen, who last raced for Ferrari in 2009, will make a return to Formula One with the British team.
The prospect of a world champion in the driving seat certainly hasn't hurt William's ability to negotiate a major sponsorship deal with the Gulf state of Qatar. Its national bank, QNB, is set become a major supporter of the Williams team in 2012.
Not bad going for a team which is in the doldrums. Williams, who won nine world championships in the 1980s and 1990s, haven't won a race since 2004.
In recent years the team have produced some of the most innovative cars on the starting grid. The have led the way with creative aerodynamics (remember the walrus nose?) and this year a fielded radical new gearbox, smaller and lighter to that on any other car. The trouble is that those innovations have not given them results.
This season has been the worst in the team's history and they hold a distant ninth place in the Constructors World Championship standings. Only Team Lotus, Marussia Virgin and HRT have been less successful this season.
It was back in August that Raikkonen was first spotted visiting the Williams factory and the rumours had been growing ever since. It is believed that the Qatari funding has been the key to a deal.
Some see Raikkonen's return as being little more than a stunt to boost the Williams team's flagging image. Critics have pointed to Kimi's lack of motivation in his final season at Ferrari and wonder whether he will make sufficient effort if he doesn't achieve expected results quickly.
I personally think that Raikkonen's ability to develop a car is seriously under-rated. Some McLaren engineers will tell you that while Kimi may be monosyllabic while talking to the press, his engineering feedback is sharp, incisive and accurate. He could be just what Williams need.
Maybe we will see an intriguing ‘battle of the past champs' next season. It will be fascinating to see how any such comeback compares with that of his old rival Michael Schumacher and which can drive their respective team to greater things.
There are also some interesting rumours still surrounding Felipe Massa's future at Ferrari. The Brazilian, who trails team-mate Alonso by over 100 championship points, has a contract with the Scuderia for another year, but then again so did Raikkonen and he was paid to sit-out the 2010 season.
Although recent rumours that Nico Rosberg may jump ship to Ferrari from Mercedes have been quashed by the German signing a contract extension this week, there is little doubt that the last two races of this season and the first races of next will be pivotal to Massa's Ferrari future.
Rosberg's confirmation at Mercedes GP Petronas to the end of 2013 may also prompt a decision on Force India's driving line-up. I suspect that Vijay Mallya was holding back on his confirmation of di Resta and Hulkenberg for 2012 in case Mercedes decided to take up their option on di Resta.
Meanwhile let's not forget that there are still two races left of the 2011 season and our new double world champion is continuing to challenge the record books. Sebastian Vettel comes to Abu Dhabi with a perfect record of two victories in both the 2009 and 2010 twilight races.
Vettel has so far won eleven of the 17 races this season. If he were to win both the final rounds, he would equal Michael Schumacher's record for the most wins in a season, 13 wins with Ferrari in 2004.
Is that Vettel's new challenge? You can bet it is!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:08  
F1 Routinier

I also posted this in the sill-season thread, but maybe it should also be here.
Sorry, google-translation:

Quote:
Williams confirms: Kim's hiring depends on money

Williams F1 team's number one man, Frank Williams confirms MTV3 in an interview that Kimi Räikkönen's stables are interested in hiring a great deal, as long as the price is right.

Williams has negotiated an agreement with Räikkönen.

- It's no secret that we have a strong interest to Kim.

- All business matters to understand considering the price. It is a reflection on progress. It is quite normal, Frank Williams, said to MTV3 Kimi talks on the situation while stressing that the contract can not be in vain.

Do Frank Williams as a realistic possibility of reaching an agreement with the Räikkönen?

- I'm just saying that it is possible.

Ferrari years, Räikkönen was estimated to enjoy up to 45 million dollar annual salary. Williams is not under any circumstances afford to pay nearly as much salary Finnish stars.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... ni-rahasta
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:29  
F1 Routinier

Mar wrote:
I also posted this in the sill-season thread, but maybe it should also be here.
Sorry, google-translation:

Quote:
Williams confirms: Kim's hiring depends on money

Williams F1 team's number one man, Frank Williams confirms MTV3 in an interview that Kimi Räikkönen's stables are interested in hiring a great deal, as long as the price is right.

Williams has negotiated an agreement with Räikkönen.

- It's no secret that we have a strong interest to Kim.

- All business matters to understand considering the price. It is a reflection on progress. It is quite normal, Frank Williams, said to MTV3 Kimi talks on the situation while stressing that the contract can not be in vain.

Do Frank Williams as a realistic possibility of reaching an agreement with the Räikkönen?

- I'm just saying that it is possible.

Ferrari years, Räikkönen was estimated to enjoy up to 45 million dollar annual salary. Williams is not under any circumstances afford to pay nearly as much salary Finnish stars.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... ni-rahasta

thanks mar.

If its only money that is the reason then i see that kimi to williams is more likely as if kimi wants to come back then money wont be an issue for kimi.

Robertson may be trying to extract every penny from williams sponsors but kimi may not stretch it any further.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:34  
F1 Driver

I think like lui. I so hope that it's not only the money. I so much hope that Kimi continue driving WRC full time.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 19:30  
F1 Routinier

Sounds like McLaren negotiations all over again. :(
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 19:51  
F1 Routinier

sleenster wrote:
Sounds like McLaren negotiations all over again. :(

probably with the same result :confused:
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491 ... 495  Next