It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 23:45

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407 ... 495  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 09:22  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
beefree88 wrote:
I wondered if RB includes Kimi into their RB Mobile campaign. Apparently they did
http://redbull.hu/cs/Satellite/hu_HU/Vi ... 2869992475
He's also appears to be included into the auction site of the RB Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation
http://www.wingsforlife.com/charity_auctions.php


Thanks beefree, that was great :cool:

In the absence of news I go through different comments from different countries and in the swedish section they really miss Kimi in F1 and think that Kimi can drive Newey's cars and think that Kimi's icecoolness combined with Vettel's erratic (?) driving would be golden.

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 09:24  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
SpaMaster wrote:
saif wrote:
Peter Windsor(on twitter) wrote:
I've been a Kimi fan since the F Renault days! Really miss him in F1.
I think I hold the record for some of the longest Kimi interviews (SpeedTV)! We always had a good laugh
Kimi is one of the funniest guys I know!

What a hypocrite that Peter Windsor is! He dished out Kimi left and right during 2008 and 2009. He said how Hamilton would thrash him if Kimi goes to McLaren. Now, he is saying this. I don't like this guy at all.


I didn't know that, Dheeban :blink:

Maybe it's a blessing to live in a small country like Finland avoiding the worst things that the commentators etc. go on about - and superbly changing their minds :<>:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 09:58  
kart driver

Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 19:46
Posts: 33
Wolfie,

last year during the Spa race I was in Stockholm on business and thought that I would miss my first race live since the beginning of the -07 season. But by luck one of my meetings got cancelled and I called around the city to see where I could see the race live. I found a pub, O'Learys in the middle of the city that shows F1 live.

When i got there I noticed that the place was full eventhough it was in the afternoon. I thought that I keep a low profile since Swedes and Finns have a big rivalry when it comes to sports. To my surprise I found some people cheering when kimi did something good in the beginning of the race and by the middle of the race I started to realise that most of the people there was cheering for Kimi. When he took the chequered flag as the winner everybody stood up in the pub and shouted Kimis name and some people even hugged each other. That was one of my finest memories of a F1 race and the time when I realized how popular Kimi is in Sweden and that is a rare thing, Swedes cheering for a Finn.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 10:05  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
mr j wrote:
Wolfie,

last year during the Spa race I was in Stockholm on business and thought that I would miss my first race live since the beginning of the -07 season. But by luck one of my meetings got cancelled and I called around the city to see where I could see the race live. I found a pub, O'Learys in the middle of the city that shows F1 live.

When i got there I noticed that the place was full eventhough it was in the afternoon. I thought that I keep a low profile since Swedes and Finns have a big rivalry when it comes to sports. To my surprise I found some people cheering when kimi did something good in the beginning of the race and by the middle of the race I started to realise that most of the people there was cheering for Kimi. When he took the chequered flag as the winner everybody stood up in the pub and shouted Kimis name and some people even hugged each other. That was one of my finest memories of a F1 race and the time when I realized how popular Kimi is in Sweden and that is a rare thing, Swedes cheering for a Finn.


Hi Mr J, long time no see :hug:

Thanks for your story :cool:

It's amazing, some say that Kimi is 'their' boy since they think he represents Scandinavia which is awesome thinking - knowing perfectly well as a hockey-fan what it's like between Sweden and Finland :blush:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 11:31  
kart driver

Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 19:46
Posts: 33
Wolfie wrote:
mr j wrote:
Wolfie,

last year during the Spa race I was in Stockholm on business and thought that I would miss my first race live since the beginning of the -07 season. But by luck one of my meetings got cancelled and I called around the city to see where I could see the race live. I found a pub, O'Learys in the middle of the city that shows F1 live.

When i got there I noticed that the place was full eventhough it was in the afternoon. I thought that I keep a low profile since Swedes and Finns have a big rivalry when it comes to sports. To my surprise I found some people cheering when kimi did something good in the beginning of the race and by the middle of the race I started to realise that most of the people there was cheering for Kimi. When he took the chequered flag as the winner everybody stood up in the pub and shouted Kimis name and some people even hugged each other. That was one of my finest memories of a F1 race and the time when I realized how popular Kimi is in Sweden and that is a rare thing, Swedes cheering for a Finn.


Hi Mr J, long time no see :hug:

Thanks for your story :cool:

It's amazing, some say that Kimi is 'their' boy since they think he represents Scandinavia which is awesome thinking - knowing perfectly well as a hockey-fan what it's like between Sweden and Finland :blush:


Been busy with my newborn twin sons. Haven't had time to post but have been following the forum to see where Kimi ends up for -11. Got to go, will post next time when I'm not busy changing nappies. :wave:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 11:45  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Congratulatons for the small ones :)

Take care :)

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 12:10  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Posts: 1163
Location: Hungary
mr j wrote:
Wolfie,

last year during the Spa race I was in Stockholm on business and thought that I would miss my first race live since the beginning of the -07 season. But by luck one of my meetings got cancelled and I called around the city to see where I could see the race live. I found a pub, O'Learys in the middle of the city that shows F1 live.

When i got there I noticed that the place was full eventhough it was in the afternoon. I thought that I keep a low profile since Swedes and Finns have a big rivalry when it comes to sports. To my surprise I found some people cheering when kimi did something good in the beginning of the race and by the middle of the race I started to realise that most of the people there was cheering for Kimi. When he took the chequered flag as the winner everybody stood up in the pub and shouted Kimis name and some people even hugged each other. That was one of my finest memories of a F1 race and the time when I realized how popular Kimi is in Sweden and that is a rare thing, Swedes cheering for a Finn.


What an amazing experience!!! :thumbsup: I love reading such stories. So nice! :)

And congrats to you! :hug:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 14:19  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Kimi is 8th on crash.net's World Rally top ten drivers of 2010:

Quote:
Crash.net's World Rally top ten: 8th

F1 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen takes eighth place in Crash.net's 2010 top ten World Rally drivers.

8 – Kimi Raikkonen


Many people might have expected more from Kimi Raikkonen this year, but those that did have little understanding of just how big a challenge the Finn faced switching from F1 to the World Rally Championship.

The difference between the two is night and day - and when the former Ferrari and McLaren man started his new adventure he had only done a handful of rallies and only one with the Citroen C4 WRC.

Despite that though, he scored on only his third outing in the 2010 World Rally Championship, when he was eighth in Jordan.

He then followed that up with a fifth in Turkey – what would turn out to be his best result of the season – and a tenth in Portugal, a very solid three-event run.

While he would only take two more points finishes - with a seventh in Germany, including his very first stage win, albeit on the 4.37 km event ending super special and an eighth in GB, which he admitted was probably the toughest round of the season, he didn't disgrace himself.

Yes, he did have a number of offs and failed to finish in Mexico, Japan and France and his over-exuberance got the better of him in Spain, when he binned it in the pre-event shakedown. But at least that showed he was really going for it and if he does continue in 2011, he should be able to put this year's experience to good use.

“This has definitely been the most challenging year of my career and Britain was one of the most difficult rallies I competed on, mostly because of the changing grip all the time,” Kimi said after the finale in Wales. “Like everything else, this has been a completely new experience for me.

“Looking back on 2010, this season has been more or less as I expected it to be: we've made a few mistakes but we've also learned a lot.

“Generally speaking I'm happy with the progress we've made... and I've had a lot of fun as well, so I'm very grateful to Red Bull and Citroen Racing for all the opportunities that we've enjoyed this year."


Statistics – Kimi Raikkonen:

Team: Citroen Junior Team
Car: Citroen C4 WRC

Championship position: 10th
Points: 25

Events: 12 (out of 13)*
Victories: 0
Podiums: 0
Stages wins: 1
Best result: 5th (Turkey)
Points finishes: 5

* Did not start in Spain following a crash in the pre-event shakedown


Crash.net's Top 10 World Rally drivers' of 2010:
8. Kimi Raikkonen
9. Armindo Araujo (Wild Card)
10. Xavier Pons (Wild Card)

Honourable mention: Aaron Burkart (for winning the J-WRC – just!)

What do you think of Crash.net's Top 10 World Rally drivers' for 2010? Why not post a comment now and give us your thoughts.

Also look out for our poll coming soon where you can vote on who you think was the best in 2010...

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... n_8th.html
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 14:22  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
sleenster wrote:
Kimi is 8th on crash.net's World Rally top ten drivers of 2010:

Quote:
Crash.net's World Rally top ten: 8th

F1 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen takes eighth place in Crash.net's 2010 top ten World Rally drivers.

8 – Kimi Raikkonen


Many people might have expected more from Kimi Raikkonen this year, but those that did have little understanding of just how big a challenge the Finn faced switching from F1 to the World Rally Championship.

The difference between the two is night and day - and when the former Ferrari and McLaren man started his new adventure he had only done a handful of rallies and only one with the Citroen C4 WRC.

Despite that though, he scored on only his third outing in the 2010 World Rally Championship, when he was eighth in Jordan.

He then followed that up with a fifth in Turkey – what would turn out to be his best result of the season – and a tenth in Portugal, a very solid three-event run.

While he would only take two more points finishes - with a seventh in Germany, including his very first stage win, albeit on the 4.37 km event ending super special and an eighth in GB, which he admitted was probably the toughest round of the season, he didn't disgrace himself.

Yes, he did have a number of offs and failed to finish in Mexico, Japan and France and his over-exuberance got the better of him in Spain, when he binned it in the pre-event shakedown. But at least that showed he was really going for it and if he does continue in 2011, he should be able to put this year's experience to good use.

“This has definitely been the most challenging year of my career and Britain was one of the most difficult rallies I competed on, mostly because of the changing grip all the time,” Kimi said after the finale in Wales. “Like everything else, this has been a completely new experience for me.

“Looking back on 2010, this season has been more or less as I expected it to be: we've made a few mistakes but we've also learned a lot.

“Generally speaking I'm happy with the progress we've made... and I've had a lot of fun as well, so I'm very grateful to Red Bull and Citroen Racing for all the opportunities that we've enjoyed this year."


Statistics – Kimi Raikkonen:

Team: Citroen Junior Team
Car: Citroen C4 WRC

Championship position: 10th
Points: 25

Events: 12 (out of 13)*
Victories: 0
Podiums: 0
Stages wins: 1
Best result: 5th (Turkey)
Points finishes: 5

* Did not start in Spain following a crash in the pre-event shakedown


Crash.net's Top 10 World Rally drivers' of 2010:
8. Kimi Raikkonen
9. Armindo Araujo (Wild Card)
10. Xavier Pons (Wild Card)

Honourable mention: Aaron Burkart (for winning the J-WRC – just!)

What do you think of Crash.net's Top 10 World Rally drivers' for 2010? Why not post a comment now and give us your thoughts.

Also look out for our poll coming soon where you can vote on who you think was the best in 2010...

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... n_8th.html

Thanks Sleenie. Was just about to post it.

Not bad at all in a rookie year.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 15:30  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Posts: 1163
Location: Hungary
luieluv wrote:
Not bad at all in a rookie year.


Yeah, not bad at all! I keep saying that we - Kimi's fans - are so proud of him! :shhh:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 16:23  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22
Posts: 1074
beefree88 wrote:
He's also appears to be included into the auction site of the RB Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation
http://www.wingsforlife.com/charity_auctions.php


Is it just me, I dont see Kimi on this website?

SpaMaster wrote:
saif wrote:
Peter Windsor(on twitter) wrote:
I've been a Kimi fan since the F Renault days! Really miss him in F1.
I think I hold the record for some of the longest Kimi interviews (SpeedTV)! We always had a good laugh
Kimi is one of the funniest guys I know!

What a hypocrite that Peter Windsor is! He dished out Kimi left and right during 2008 and 2009. He said how Hamilton would thrash him if Kimi goes to McLaren. Now, he is saying this. I don't like this guy at all.


Yes as I said Peter Windsor is actually in love Lewis, and his articles are usually full of nonsense.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 16:58  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
He's also appears to be included into the auction site of the RB Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation
http://www.wingsforlife.com/charity_auctions.php


Is it just me, I dont see Kimi on this website?




he's on right side of the pic
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 17:29  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Posts: 1163
Location: Hungary
Kriss wrote:
Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
He's also appears to be included into the auction site of the RB Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation
http://www.wingsforlife.com/charity_auctions.php


Is it just me, I dont see Kimi on this website?




he's on right side of the pic


It's Vettel and The Finger I guess. :confused:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 18:01  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
He's also appears to be included into the auction site of the RB Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation
http://www.wingsforlife.com/charity_auctions.php


Is it just me, I dont see Kimi on this website?




he's on right side of the pic


It's Vettel and The Finger I guess. :confused:


:blush: &doh
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 18:38  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22
Posts: 1074
Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
He's also appears to be included into the auction site of the RB Wings for Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation
http://www.wingsforlife.com/charity_auctions.php


Is it just me, I dont see Kimi on this website?




he's on right side of the pic


It's Vettel and The Finger I guess. :confused:


Yes, the finger gives it away immediately. Kimi isn't on their ambassador's list. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything I am sure there are a lot of Red Bull sponsored persons who are not on there.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407 ... 495  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB