The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
square
kart driver
kart driver

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by square » 06 Nov 2010, 21:25

Wolfie wrote:It's insane really when you think about it. Him eating ice cream turned into an ice cream -gate by fans who's driver has done way worse things.

Yes, eating ice cream became a real crime, such a shame he wasn't banned from this planet. :roll:: But that's okay, I don't like 'their' driver either. :n

But with Kimi it always goes the same way - makes him special :lol:

And that's exactly the reason why I don't feel like supporting any other driver this year. I think they are all ordinary; not based on their performance, I just didn't find a driver with a package worth to support. Who is worth to bite nails while cheering for him, or going completely crazy, or who is worth to take the risk of a heart attack while cheering for him and a driver who is worth randomly slapping the person next to me when something unexpected or exciting happens to him (which I somehow love to do :blush:).

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 06 Nov 2010, 21:27

Dracaena wrote:I just now stumbled upon the information that the Brazilian GP is actually not the last GP of the season. I was like "Whaaaaat?!?". Heehee, goes to show just how fascinated I am by F1 these days :lol:...

:hug: to my friend :wave:
I miss a babysitter

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 06 Nov 2010, 21:40

Off-Topic: show
Moominpappa wrote: :hug: to my friend :wave:

:wave:

Did you enjoy your capitalism-free cookie?

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 07 Nov 2010, 00:45

spinster wrote:I just can't believe that Kimi ends his f1 career without a real end...it's nothing for him! He'll announce his retirement in the f1 when he's driving an f1...

I agree and I feel the same!! :) It's like a knife in the heart if I think about that Abu Dhabi race from last year. That was not a proper end, no way. He's a champion and not a last nobody. He doesn't deserve a farewell like this. He deserves to leave F1 the proper way. With fireworks, with fanfare, with the cheering of the crazy fans, like a celebrated star. With smile on his face, with his hands in the air because of the joy of victory. At least that's what I imagined for him. :thumbsup:

Wolfie wrote:Imagine the amount of energy the guy has hidden inside of him! He took it all in, all the bashing etc. without saying a word. If he has transformed that into positive energy then... he might go back as a true Warrior :shhh:

I hope that. I hope that, Nicole. :)

Btw, thanks for writing about your thoughts because I just didn't understand from when was the time when you started to want Kimi back in F1. I always thought that you want him in WRC. So, Spa, it was Spa for you. :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 07 Nov 2010, 00:50

spinster wrote:I've the same feeling...i wanted to support vettel but it just isn't my guy...i don't have the thrilling or nerves when watching him...

when i looked kimi in f1 my heartbeat was 200 all the time...i was for sure more nervouw than the man himself

+ 1!!!

square wrote:And that's exactly the reason why I don't feel like supporting any other driver this year. I think they are all ordinary; not based on their performance, I just didn't find a driver with a package worth to support. Who is worth to bite nails while cheering for him, or going completely crazy, or who is worth to take the risk of a heart attack while cheering for him and a driver who is worth randomly slapping the person next to me when something unexpected or exciting happens to him (which I somehow love to do :blush:).

+ 1!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Nov 2010, 00:51

I'm completely blown away and will put Kulta's article here too for discussion :blink:

What do you think about it?

Debts of gratitude

Turun Sanomat 6.11 2010 23:40:23

Brazilian GP column 6.11.

The Italian F1 press is obsessed with Kimi Raikkonen never thanking his team mate Felipe Massa enough for the help he got in his all-time championship-battle in Ferrari three years ago.

Massa himself still throws more steam to this already cooled stove by saying that everyone knows Räikkönen's cool character.

In a recent Italian interview Massa says that he expects Fernando Alonso to thank him much warmer if he wins this year's championship.

In fact there is room for interpretation about what exactly Kimi should have thanked Massa so much for after his Brazilian Grand Prix victory. Massa has made clear that he let Raikkonen past him to victory.

However I have heard from inside the team that the way Raikkonen took the lead in the race was anything but what Massa is referring to with giving the first place to his team mate.

Massa did his everything to stay in front of Raikkonen even after the pitstops. He whipped his Ferrari so roughly that he almost slipped off the track twice. Nevertheless Raikkonen was able to get past his team mate from the pitstop.

The insiders in Ferrari knew immediately that Raikkonen took also that victory by driving, not as a gift, although he surely would have got it in a way that would have aroused just as mixed emotions as in Hockenheim with Alonso when Massa slowed down in front of all the TV viewers and let his team mate past.

In the end Alonso most certainly doesn't feel a completely genuine debt of gratitude to Massa after having to complain for some time via radio how ridiculous the situation is when he has to bump along behind his team mate until the trail opened.

In China Massa whined when Alonso overtook him in the pitlane. In Silverstone the Ferraris hit each other right in the beginning. And just recently they have also raised criticism over Massa not letting Alonso past him already in the second race this season in Australia.

Alonso presented in a diplomatic way the wish that he would win the championship in such a way that would make the whole team - including Massa - happy.

If Red Bull would still wins the championship it's certain that afterwards there nobody would feel debts of gratitude to anyone. Although during a moment of defeat the 'fish debts' might well be on the the list.

TS/Heikki Kulta

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 07 Nov 2010, 07:41

Wolfie, nothing new for me in this article. Maybe some of you are surprised, but not me. I speak Italian and all these years I've read Massa's interviews in the Italian press and he plays the same record all the time.
I was very surprised how many of you here felt sorry for Massa this year because Alonso is there and Ferrari is not behind Massa. Maybe some of you have strong feelings towards Alonso and Ferrari and you can not see the whole picture.
I have nothing against Massa, but he is getting what he deserves. I felt sorry about what happened to him in Hungary 2009, good that he is ok, but don't be fooled by his baby face (since 2008 he played the media and got what he wanted, his problem now is that this time his team mate knows how to gather the team around him through politics, something that Kimi didn't).

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Nov 2010, 07:50

rko281 wrote:Wolfie, nothing new for me in this article. Maybe some of you are surprised, but not me. I speak Italian and all these years I've read Massa's interviews in the Italian press and he plays the same record all the time.
I was very surprised how many of you here felt sorry for Massa this year because Alonso is there and Ferrari is not behind Massa. Maybe some of you have strong feelings towards Alonso and Ferrari and you can not see the whole picture.
I have nothing against Massa, but he is getting what he deserves. I felt sorry about what happened to him in Hungary 2009, good that he is ok, but don't be fooled by his baby face (since 2008 he played the media and got what he wanted, his problem now is that this time his team mate knows how to gather the team around him through politics, something that Kimi didn't).

good post. I agree. :thumbsup:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 07 Nov 2010, 08:21

Dracaena wrote:
Moominpappa wrote: :hug: to my friend :wave:

:wave:

Did you enjoy your capitalism-free cookie?

Thanks, It makes my day much better :)
Here is snow again. Now I change winter tires to my car

I remember that lap times of Massa on brazil 2007 was very good when Kimi overtakes him. Massa really wanted keeps Kimi behind him and maybe he thought that he could make same kind of game than Rubens in Austria :zz:
I miss a babysitter

yvonne
car driver
car driver

Post by yvonne » 07 Nov 2010, 09:42

In fact there is room for interpretation about what exactly Kimi should have thanked Massa so much for after his Brazilian Grand Prix victory. Massa has made clear that he let Raikkonen past him to victory.

To be honest,I don't think Kimi was supposed to thank him because he LET Kimi win in 2007 Brazilian GP;I appreciated Massa to hold his second place in that race to ensure Kimi's WDC,but that's all. 07 Bra GP was just the replay of 07 Fre GP.Kimi win the race fairly and squarely.

I have nothing against Massa,either,but honestly,I never liked him when Kimi was teammate with him.

I remember Kimi said to Peter Windsor after 2007 Franch GP qualifying that it was Massa who always pick the race strategy first.

I remember after 2008 Chinese GP,when Peter Windsor asked Massa about his overtaking to Kimi,he said it's fairly and squarely.

I felt sorry for what happened to Massa in 2009 Hunguarian GP,but I supposed that Kimi would never have got the F60 he wanted if Massa was still his teammate in 2nd half of the season last year.

During the 2.5 years Kimi partnered with Massa,Massa seemed to get the better treatment in both car development and strategy.But in the end it seems like Kimi owed Massa Who acted as he gifted a WDC to Kimi,and the fact was he pushed like a hell when Kimi made his 2nd pitstop in 07 Bra GP. That made me really sick!

A little bit off topic :blush: But Heikki's words awaken my previous anger. :fear:

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 07 Nov 2010, 10:09

yvonne wrote:

To be honest,I don't think Kimi was supposed to thank him because he LET Kimi win in 2007 Brazilian GP;I appreciated Massa to hold his second place in that race to ensure Kimi's WDC,but that's all. 07 Bra GP was just the replay of 07 Fre GP.Kimi win the race fairly and squarely.

I have nothing against Massa,either,but honestly,I never liked him when Kimi was teammate with him.

I remember Kimi said to Peter Windsor after 2007 Franch GP qualifying that it was Massa who always pick the race strategy first.

I remember after 2008 Chinese GP,when Peter Windsor asked Massa about his overtaking to Kimi,he said it's fairly and squarely.

I felt sorry for what happened to Massa in 2009 Hunguarian GP,but I supposed that Kimi would never have got the F60 he wanted if Massa was still his teammate in 2nd half of the season last year.

During the 2.5 years Kimi partnered with Massa,Massa seemed to get the better treatment in both car development and strategy.But in the end it seems like Kimi owed Massa Who acted as he gifted a WDC to Kimi,and the fact was he pushed like a hell when Kimi made his 2nd pitstop in 07 Bra GP. That made me really sick!

A little bit off topic :blush: But Heikki's words awaken my previous anger. :fear:

Actually at the 2008 Chinese GP post race press conference what Massa said was something like "I was faster than Kimi that's why I was able to pass him" and I remembered Kimi hide his smile behind a glass of water or orange drink while he listened... :p

yvonne
car driver
car driver

Post by yvonne » 07 Nov 2010, 10:46

Actually at the 2008 Chinese GP post race press conference what Massa said was something like "I was faster than Kimi that's why I was able to pass him" and I remembered Kimi hide his smile behind a glass of water or orange drink while he listened... :p

:confused: memory mistake. Rob Smedley said it... :blush:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Nov 2010, 10:59

rko281 wrote:Wolfie, nothing new for me in this article. Maybe some of you are surprised, but not me. I speak Italian and all these years I've read Massa's interviews in the Italian press and he plays the same record all the time.

Pure gold, rko281 :hug:

That picture was definitely not painted in the Finnish press, sadly :(

But I was surprised when the talk about Massa gifting Kimi the WDC started since I saw nothing of a kind myself and even thought that I must be a blinded fangirl then :blush:

All I remember from 2008 in the Finnish media was how Massa talked over and over again about him being the center and heart of Ferrari and them building the team around him.

Kimi said nothing. As usual.

He really does hate political games :lol:

@Yi-ning, I also remember Kimi slowing down in 2008 and really slowing down and I almost spilled my coffee when Massa acted as if he outraced Kimi in the post race conference :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Nov 2010, 11:01

yvonne wrote:

Thanks a million, Yvonne :hug:

I never heard what Windsor said but isn't it cruel if the 'Massa gifted Kimi the WDC' -card is taken away from the bashers :fear:

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 07 Nov 2010, 12:57

Wolfie wrote:

Pure gold, rko281 :hug:

That picture was definitely not painted in the Finnish press, sadly :(

But I was surprised when the talk about Massa gifting Kimi the WDC started since I saw nothing of a kind myself and even thought that I must be a blinded fangirl then :blush:

All I remember from 2008 in the Finnish media was how Massa talked over and over again about him being the center and heart of Ferrari and them building the team around him.

Kimi said nothing. As usual.

He really does hate political games :lol:

@Yi-ning, I also remember Kimi slowing down in 2008 and really slowing down and I almost spilled my coffee when Massa acted as if he outraced Kimi in the post race conference :lol:

found the link on that press-conference. Kimi said that it was what team expected. Very team-player answer.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/LtzJUnSgLJ4/
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi