It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 15:16

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 495  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:02  
car driver

so this is where you all went to... thanks much to nicole, brenda, and the others who sent me a hint. it seemed like you all just dropped off the face of the earth back there... i don't get WRC here in vancouver, so i was relying on the forum for news... then you all left... woops.... so thanks again for pointing me here. bye!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:07  
GP2 Driver

rko281 wrote:
At the end of last year I was 100% sure he won't sign with Mclaren or Mercedes.
At the begining of the year, I was again sure he won't go back to F1, had a few doubts with all the Red Bull rumours, but now I can say that I'm 99% sure he won't return.

P.S. Just my intuition, so don't shoot me :blush:

and i thought i was intuitive :) ... well nothing intuitive about his future plans from my side though :D .
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:08  
GP2 Driver

During his last GP, the whole race I said that this seems to be his last one and it was totally his style. Not making a big fuss about it, no special cakes and special pictures with everybody just for the PR-sake.

I guess that many of his fans still think that he left some unfinished business in F1. It's just a normal feeling that you might get with all the press covering the story of his retirement since 2008.

I see it diferently, he wasn't forced to choose rally, he took this choice because this was the only thing that he wanted to do.

To me he seems the type of guy that once finishes a chapter, never goes back to it.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:18  
F1 Driver

rko281 wrote:
During his last GP, the whole race I said that this seems to be his last one and it was totally his style. Not making a big fuss about it, no special cakes and special pictures with everybody just for the PR-sake.

You know, you are right by saying that he didn't want a big fuss about it. I agree with that.

rko281 wrote:
I guess that many of his fans still think that he left some unfinished business in F1. It's just a normal feeling that you might get with all the press covering the story of his retirement since 2008.

I see it diferently, he wasn't forced to choose rally, he took this choice because this was the only thing that he wanted to do.

There are 2 sides of the story. Honestly he wouldn't have had to choose rally in 2010. He was forced to decide what to do in 2010. He wanted to drive in F1 at least in 2010, that's sure.

Exactly how he "finished" his F1 career which makes me wanna think (and a lot of his fans) that he has unfinished business there.

rko281 wrote:
To me he seems the type of guy that once finishes a chapter, never goes back to it.

That's right. But, if he would like to finish it for good then I guess he would've told us already. He never tells BS, he says it black and white everytime what he feels exactly. It seems that IMO
1. they have some kind of pre-contract with Red Bull for next year (in F1) but they can't tell
2. he really doesn't know what to do next year

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:30  
GP2 Driver

Quote:
There are 2 sides of the story. Honestly he wouldn't have had to choose rally in 2010. He was forced to decide what to do in 2010. He wanted to drive in F1 at least in 2010, that's sure.

I think that if after parting ways with Ferrari, he still wanted to be in F1 he would have been there. He even said it in one of his last interviews when asked if he misses F1 and said that if he would have missed it, he would have been in F1 not in WRC.

I agree that he was forced to choose what to do in 2010, but he wasn't forced to choose rally. My point was that it was his choice to go to WRC instead of driving in F1 for another team.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:34  
F1 Driver

Kinga wrote:
That's right. But, if he would like to finish it for good then I guess he would've told us already. He never tells BS, he says it black and white everytime what he feels exactly. It seems that IMO
1. they have some kind of pre-contract with Red Bull for next year (in F1) but they can't tell
2. he really doesn't know what to do next year

Do you mean that situation is 1 or 2 or 1 and 2?
I want to believe that both are true. It's very logical that Kimi and Red Bull have pre-contract to next year but also is possible that Kimi don't know yet what he really want to do next year. I think that he don't stress about future and he could do big decisions very fast.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:36  
F1 Driver

rko281 wrote:
I agree that he was forced to choose what to do in 2010, but he wasn't forced to choose rally. My point was that it was his choice to go to WRC instead of driving in F1 for another team.

Yes, but it all started with Ferrari's decision. He would've tried rally sometime during his life anyway as he said it but maybe not now.

I really do not want to quarrell :), I was very sad last year but now I'm all happy because I can see how happy, relaxed and satisfied Kimi is right now. He surely wouldn't have felt that way had he stayed in Ferrari in 2010.

Oh, and what about this wild imagination of mine: he could easily choose rally for this year if he knew that he surely is going to race in F1 next year? LOL

@Moominpappa, good point, can be 1 or 2 and 1 and 2 :O

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 19:47  
GP2 Driver

here is what i would say ... how long will it take for him to win in rally ? ... is it possible in the near future ? ( hopefully yes ... but being realistic no ) ... so he can do F1 for a couple of years and still come back to rally . He might as well do that ... He needs a second WDC
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 20:05  
F1 Driver

I see how relaxed and happy he looks now but I think it totally has to do with his psychology. In fact he doesn't have to do anything....He is THE KIMI RAIKKONEN, rich,successful,a cool guy who has his life, his friends,everything!!!!! He "suffers" going to rally not perhaps because he has to prove something but because he has fun or because he is an "adrenaline" junkie as I read somewhere....Or perhaps he has an itch to rub another WDC to the noses of all those who underestimated him in the most objective and fictitional manner...(as a lot of us around feel....) Who knows what is in his head and in his heart??
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 20:16  
F1 Driver

realms wrote:
here is what i would say ... how long will it take for him to win in rally ? ... is it possible in the near future ? ( hopefully yes ... but being realistic no ) ... so he can do F1 for a couple of years and still come back to rally . He might as well do that ... He needs a second WDC

Quite frankly, this is in my mind too!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 21:48  
GP2 Driver

His current success might actually be a double edged sword in terms of making a decision. He can see that he's good at rally when he has a decent car therefore if he stays then in a few years he could have a shot at a Championship. But at the same time, his success after such a short time could show him that he could go back to F1 for a few years to try for the WDC and then return to rally and it wouldn't be too much of a hindrance because he'd be able to slot back in fairly quickly as he has done this year.

He has one hum-dinger of a choice to make, he's very lucky (and of course brilliant and talented :) ) to be in a position to make it. :)

Last edited by ish678 on 21 Apr 2010, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 21:58  
F1 Routinier

rgvguplb wrote:
so this is where you all went to... thanks much to nicole, brenda, and the others who sent me a hint. it seemed like you all just dropped off the face of the earth back there... i don't get WRC here in vancouver, so i was relying on the forum for news... then you all left... woops.... so thanks again for pointing me here. bye!

Hi rgvguplb :hug:

Do you have some shorter name we can call you :lol:

Oi, that must have been horrible to just see us gone and not know where but good that you asked about it on the forum and had your e-mail in your profile :pray:

We don't get WRC here either but we followed it very closely, it was almost better to follow it here than it would have been to watch from the tv.

But hey, 4th rally for the rookie rally driver and already 14 points :cool:

Oh the joy on Sunday when he finished 5th, oh the joy :lol:

Before that it was :pray: [help] #Fear but it ended well!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 22:08  
F1 Routinier

rko281 wrote:
Quote:

I think that if after parting ways with Ferrari, he still wanted to be in F1 he would have been there. He even said it in one of his last interviews when asked if he misses F1 and said that if he would have missed it, he would have been in F1 not in WRC.

Actually I was thinking a lot about it at the time since everybody including Alonso were sure that he would be in F1 in 2010 and then all of a sudden he informed that he is going to WRC.

Domi and Monty seemed quite upset over it and gave out statements that weren't positive which led me to think that they were pissed off by the fact that Kimi made them pay for the year 2010 by going to WRC.

Now that I think of it.... they haven't congratulated him for his great results in rally either :zz:

I only remember how Domi went to Heikki Kulta when ferrari had their winter event to ask Heikki Kulta to write in TS that Domi is very happy for Kimi and that he called Kimi when he was testing.

Heikki Kulta was sneaky and wrote it down exactly the way Domi said it: that he especially asked Heikki to write bla bla bla :n

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 22:15  
F1 Routinier

realms wrote:

Depends on who you ask, Anith :roll::

There was a discussion about it on the Finnish forum that went like this:

I would think that Kimi's pace and self-confidence would improve all the time but how near the top is he when the season ends?

He won't be anywhere near the top. And even if Kimi would drive for three years he would still have a looooong way to the top. Kimi is not going to beat even Wilson this season by driving. And he won't do that next year either if he still drives. He might get some points from some races but they won't be based on Kimi's speed.

:lol:

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 22:59  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Quote:

Actually I was thinking a lot about it at the time since everybody including Alonso were sure that he would be in F1 in 2010 and then all of a sudden he informed that he is going to WRC.

Domi and Monty seemed quite upset over it and gave out statements that weren't positive which led me to think that they were pissed off by the fact that Kimi made them pay for the year 2010 by going to WRC.

Now that I think of it.... they haven't congratulated him for his great results in rally either :zz:

I only remember how Domi went to Heikki Kulta when ferrari had their winter event to ask Heikki Kulta to write in TS that Domi is very happy for Kimi and that he called Kimi when he was testing.

Heikki Kulta was sneaky and wrote it down exactly the way Domi said it: that he especially asked Heikki to write bla bla bla :n

I seem to recall that Kubica actually said long before anyone else that Kimi will be driving for the junior Citroen team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 495  Next