The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Julia » 24 Aug 2010, 13:40

valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:Kimi has given an longer interview after the rally to the german http://www.spox.com , the orginal is here if I understood it correctly (the are many citates of it in other german sites) :

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1/10 ... litik.html

its readable with google translate :O
Thanks!
Very nice words about Ferrari and his time there.
I also liked the way he talked about ferrari... even if I am not a big fan of the team and the way they do some things. But they are a big special part of the f1 circus. And its nice to read that he is calm whit the end of things also and not looking for revenge or something... thats a mature answer! Just hope that one particular ferrari boss would also be as mature when he talked about Kimi.

heh, funny... some other sites who citates this interview comments that he talks so emotionally about rally, that he sounds so different from his F! years.
Last edited by Julia on 24 Aug 2010, 14:15, edited 3 times in total.

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 24 Aug 2010, 14:05

valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:Kimi has given an longer interview after the rally to the german http://www.spox.com , the orginal is here if I understood it correctly (the are many citates of it in other german sites) :

Thanks!
Very nice words about Ferrari and his time there.
Thanks Julia!!! It was great to read this!!!! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Aug 2010, 14:10

If this comes true then i think Kimi to Citroen is more likely for 2011.
Sordo in talks over Ford switch

By David Evans Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 13:29 GMT

Citroen driver Dani Sordo says he has not yet confirmed his future plans with the French manufacturer - with a switch to the Ford team still believed to be a possibility for the Spaniard.

Sordo is believed to have received a formal offer from Citroen, but while he has talked to Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson and motorsport chief Gerard Quinn, he says he has not received an offer from the Cumbrian-based outfit.

Sordo said: "We talk [to Ford], but it's just like we are talking now, nothing official," he said. "Citroen has made me an offer. I don't know what will happen."

Quinn refused to be drawn on Ford's plans for next season, beyond admitting the team is still looking for an extra driver to come in and strengthen the team. He said: "This is something we're still working on.

"We're looking for opportunities to strengthen our competitive advantage. We're still in discussions with a number of additional drivers and making an assessment of what we can do for next season. Right now they are private discussions which we would prefer not to take any further. But certainly we're looking for ways to improve our competitive strength."

Quinn declined to comment on whether an additional driver would come in as a third member of the works Ford team or if they would run in the Stobart squad. It is known, however, that Ford is interested in Sordo - particularly for the asphalt rallies.

Quesnel admitted the process of making Sordo's offer had been slowed down by the holiday period. He said: "Dani is part of the Citroen family and I told him this. I want him to stay with us, like I did with the two Sebs [Loeb and Ogier].

"But now it is the holiday and there is nobody in the company [to confirm the agreement for Sordo], but for me I am confident for him."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86095
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 24 Aug 2010, 14:12

Redbull remembers Kimi quite a bit in their Belgium race preview .... :)

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satelli ... 2891688105

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 24 Aug 2010, 14:19

realms wrote:Redbull remembers Kimi quite a bit in their Belgium race preview .... :)

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satelli ... 2891688105
Nice one, thanks! :)

Reminds me of McLaren's Suzuka preview from last year. They mentioned Kimi's super hero win from 2005. :O

That German article was great, thanks for that Julia. :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 24 Aug 2010, 14:23

luieluv wrote:If this comes true then i think Kimi to Citroen is more likely for 2011.

Citroen driver Dani Sordo says he has not yet confirmed his future plans with the French manufacturer - with a switch to the Ford team still believed to be a possibility for the Spaniard.

Sordo is believed to have received a formal offer from Citroen, but while he has talked to Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson and motorsport chief Gerard Quinn, he says he has not received an offer from the Cumbrian-based outfit.

Sordo said: "We talk [to Ford], but it's just like we are talking now, nothing official," he said. "Citroen has made me an offer. I don't know what will happen."

Quinn refused to be drawn on Ford's plans for next season, beyond admitting the team is still looking for an extra driver to come in and strengthen the team. He said: "This is something we're still working on.

"We're looking for opportunities to strengthen our competitive advantage. We're still in discussions with a number of additional drivers and making an assessment of what we can do for next season. Right now they are private discussions which we would prefer not to take any further. But certainly we're looking for ways to improve our competitive strength."

Quinn declined to comment on whether an additional driver would come in as a third member of the works Ford team or if they would run in the Stobart squad. It is known, however, that Ford is interested in Sordo - particularly for the asphalt rallies.

Quesnel admitted the process of making Sordo's offer had been slowed down by the holiday period. He said: "Dani is part of the Citroen family and I told him this. I want him to stay with us, like I did with the two Sebs [Loeb and Ogier].

"But now it is the holiday and there is nobody in the company [to confirm the agreement for Sordo], but for me I am confident for him."
why do you think that? I dont follow the logic?
my logic would say that they where planning to have Kimi and sordo in the junior team? so Sordo going to Ford?

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Aug 2010, 14:31

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:If this comes true then i think Kimi to Citroen is more likely for 2011.

why do you think that? I dont follow the logic?
my logic would say that they where planning to have Kimi and sordo in the junior team? so Sordo going to Ford?
The only logic for me to say so would be that just in case if citroen were looking at Kris Meeke for another seat then Kimi would be competing for the remaining seat alongside sordo. Now if sordo opts to join Ford then the chances of kimi to citroen junior increases.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 24 Aug 2010, 14:46

luieluv wrote:The only logic for me to say so would be that just in case if citroen were looking at Kris Meeke for another seat then Kimi would be competing for the remaining seat alongside sordo. Now if sordo opts to join Ford then the chances of kimi to citroen junior increases.
how can u say that? maybe they scrap the junior team, no Sordo and hence No Kimi :confused:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Aug 2010, 14:48

saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:The only logic for me to say so would be that just in case if citroen were looking at Kris Meeke for another seat then Kimi would be competing for the remaining seat alongside sordo. Now if sordo opts to join Ford then the chances of kimi to citroen junior increases.
how can u say that? maybe they scrap the junior team, no Sordo and hence No Kimi :confused:
It doesnt make sense for them to scrap the junior team and that too when more manufactures are slated to enter this series in coming years. Also they can have two pay drivers for their junior team so that negates their outgo as far as finances are concerned.Just my wild guesses.

And more importantly the article is from autosport who generally come up with most precise info. Truth.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 24 Aug 2010, 14:53

saif wrote:
they already said that there is going to be a junior team next year. Loeb isn't going to drive many years and they need to have potential loeb successors driving somewhere so that they are competible in their first year in the main team...

about meeke, his main sponsor is Red Bull... hard to believe RB go for him rather than Kimi... i think more that meeks destiny in the year 2010 is combined whit Kimis decision.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 24 Aug 2010, 15:15

thanks , that was great to read. i like the part about being cozy and cool.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 Aug 2010, 17:46

I've just read an interview with the Hungarian rally driver Frigyes Turán. He was in Portugal and in Bulgaria.
This is his oppinion abou Kimi. I think it's interesting.

The translation is mine so sorry in advance :blush:
As an expert how do you see so far Kimi Raikkonen’s rally activities?
– Turán Frigyes: I saw him competing in Formula1 and I have seen in the rally races as well. It's like we are talking about two totally different people. While on the racing circus he was inaccessible, now he joked with the others, always thinking of how to josh his rivals. He is loose and feels good in the new medium, and although it is difficult for sure, driving a rally car after a F1 car there are no doubt that he can solve it.

How inaccessible Raikkonen is, is he behaving like a star?
- Turán Frigyes : In the rally world nobody is inaccessible. It was interesting that even though these boys are incredibly big stars they do not act like that, they are not isolated from each other. During the test, for example, we talked a lot to Hirvonen, Latvalala and Block, we almost had the common test track with the Ford guys and with Räikkönen. We talked a little and we found him sympathetic. That stardom, the Iceman image, I think is mostly generated by the media, it does not necessarily arises from him. It is a great experience to compete with these stars or even overtake them.

The media obviously is incredibly interested in Raikkonen because after all he is a big star - How does he handle it?
- Turán Frigyes : In Bulgaria I had a “double” image about Räikkönen. It is stunning how the media surrounds this man: special /separate TV crews are following him, at departure and at arrival they push their cameras at his face from 15-20 cm. This seems to disturb him, and probably that’s why he was called Iceman, he does not like this kind of excessive, almost intrusive interest. Gabi and I were lucky to meet him behind the scenes. He was absolutely informal and friendly, he was asking questions with sincere interest and yes, he was even smiling! In his private life, I think he is a nice and cool man.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 24 Aug 2010, 17:50

Thanks a lot Kriss!
I miss a babysitter

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 Aug 2010, 18:04