The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Maria d » 20 Aug 2010, 14:17

something big is up, i can feel it.....you know when you just have that gut feeling...
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 Aug 2010, 14:19

hope you gut is right this time.. how i wish he would come back to F1

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 20 Aug 2010, 15:23

Vida wrote:
Never say never

Big marketing powers are needed to bring alive Räikkönen's enthusiasm to drive in F1 again.

One year ago Räikkönen himself believed that he would be driving for Ferrari in F1. Everything changed during Aug-Sep.

It might still happen again. In the top of motorsport everything is always possible starting from injuries to surprising firings.

Trier/Heikki Kulta

I was wondering about that sentence... big marketing a.k.a redbull?

I feel you have decoded that to the perfection
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 20 Aug 2010, 15:56

Maria d wrote:something big is up, i can feel it.....you know when you just have that gut feeling...

+1 for You Maria. Something is really going on. I really would like to see him "on the grid" next year but not sure about anything but there is some NEWS to come..

:huh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 Aug 2010, 19:21

Ogier's fast development is a too big challenge for Kimi

Turun Sanomat 20.8 2010 21:28:42

Sebastien Ogier became during his second season in Citroen a WRC-winner and redeemed at once his promotion to drive beside Sebastien Loeb next season.

It is very obvious that Kimi Räikkönen will drive next year his second season in Citroen's Junior team. Team manager Benoit Nogier doesn't yet promise Kimi the same speed in development as Ogier has had.

– One has to remember that Ogier drove three years on Junior-level before he came to WRC. This weekend is Kimi's whole life's 12th rally, Nogier reminded in Turun Sanomat's interview.

– Even though Ogier learned quickly his situation can't be compared to Kimi's development in rally. Kimi has started from zero whereas Sebastien's basic work was already done.

– The only way to compare is that Sebastien was about 1,2-1,3 seconds per kilometer behind the lead during his first WRC-season whereas Kimi has been pretty much the same behind the lead.

Kimi's potential has not yet taken form

How big thing would it be for Citroen Junior Team if Räikkönen would want to continue his rally career in 2011?

– Whatever Kimi is going to do is his own decision. Let's just wait for his final decision but at least he looks like he is happy here in the rally-world. Of course it would be a great thing for us if Kimi would decide to continue in rally next year, Nogier says.

Since Räikkönen has this year learned everything from scratch, how much better could he be next year?

– It's always very difficult to estimate these kind of things beforehand. Probably Kimi will then be less than a second behind the top in speed/km. But we can get an image of what Kimi could do at his best only after Kimi gets even close to his own limits.

– At this moment everything is purely learning for Kimi and we can't know his real potential. This is only the beginning of the story but we can already see that the potential is big. That's for sure, Nogier says.

Both teams get same cars next year

Nogier tells that Citroen's Junior team gets to start working with the new DS3-car at the same time as the main team.

– This year regulations ordered that the main team has to use a newer model. Next year that regulation is gone and the cars in both teams are classified equally, Nogier clears up.

– We don't yet know more specifically but the new cars should be ready in January when we start testing for Rally Sweden.

Räikkönen doesn't believe that switching to S2000-cars would devastate anything if he would drive rally next year.

– It's not any big change. Those new cars are sort of a combination of these WRC-cars and the S2000-car I drove last year. They just have a different engine and power transmission.

Will the change in car require some more learning again?

– I don't know but they are a bit different and at least a little smaller than these current one, Räikkönen thinks.

Manager isn't yet negotiating

Kimi Räikkönen's manager Steve Robertson is on the paddock-area in Trier. He denies that he is there to negotiate.

– It's best to follow the situation on different frontiers rather than seal a deal at this stage, Robertson tells Turun Sanomat.

Turun Sanomat, Trier

HEIKKI KULTA

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 20 Aug 2010, 19:42

thanks Nicole. that was good to hear about kimi having a positive future in rally, if he decides to make it his future .
what did he mean by different frontiers?
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 20 Aug 2010, 20:32

Maria d wrote:thanks Nicole. that was good to hear about kimi having a positive future in rally, if he decides to make it his future .
what did he mean by different frontiers?

Hi Maria, he meant fronts, probably F1 and WRC :huh:

Some nice words from Nogier reminding that he has started from zero and what was especially nice to read was that Kimi isn't even close to his own limits :p

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Aug 2010, 10:21

Can Nicole or someone confirm? Did Kimi really say to MTV that he doesn't think he will go back to F1?
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Aug 2010, 10:23

It is very obvious that Kimi Räikkönen will drive next year his second season in Citroen's Junior team.

Is it, really :huh:
I hope it is but I need confirmation asap :cool:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Aug 2010, 10:28

SpaMaster wrote:Can Nicole or someone confirm? Did Kimi really say to MTV that he doesn't think he will go back to F1?

He was messing with them, Dheeban. I saw the body language when he was asked that question and it was clear that he lied just to get out of the situation.

Heikki Kulta wrote this:

Kimi Räikkönen has just given a whole bunch of autographs to German fans. We are sitting in Citroen's lounge, just the two of us. In the afternoon Räikkönen let understand in MTV3's interview that his leaf in F1 would by this stage be already turned.

When I pressed him asking him if this was the final decision, the rally rookie makes faces, tosses and turns and almost whispers so uneasily that even the experts on exposing lies would most certainly not be convinced that the reply is truthful.

And this is what Tommi Mäkinen said to MTV3:

- I don't have any inside information but I guess it's true if Kimi has said so, Mäkinen commented on the paddock area.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 21 Aug 2010, 10:30

SpaMaster wrote:Can Nicole or someone confirm? Did Kimi really say to MTV that he doesn't think he will go back to F1?

Not so clearly. It was his usual babble babble..I think yesterday Kimi wasnt in his best mood anyway. Driving was difficult, although Kaj said in TS Kimi wasnt use to the hey on the roads. Kaj said he was satisfied to Kimis self critisism after morning stages.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Aug 2010, 10:40

Dheeban, here are some lines he told Heikki Kulta that makes you think if he is done with rally or not:

– I only try to do my best. I knew all along that this was difficult and it hasn't changed in any way. Sometimes when things go well I get the feeling that this could turn into something. It is difficult and it takes a long time before I get everything done properly. There has been no surprises but hopefully I develop all the time.

– It would be cool to race there (F1) but not just to drive around, Räikkönen says.

In other words he thinks sometimes that the rally-business would turn out to be good and he admits that it would be cool to drive in F1 - with a winning car but not with Hispania for example.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Aug 2010, 10:46

Okay, I am confused now. It is very odd for Kimi to say something like that. And I read your Kulta article translation, Nicole. It seems like Kulta is part of the conspiracy! :lol: Did Kimi blurt out the truth in frustration? Or, did he just mess with the reporter in frustration? What's this "makes faces, tosses, turns, whispers"? :p :lol: Seriously, Kimi.. Seriously, Mr. Kulta..

Okay, from your last post, this is what I gather. The boy himself is still not sure how far he could go in rally. If he thinks he could make a mark there (Read World Championship), he would definitely stay. But without having a convincing feel for it, he would bail out and go to a F1 team like Red Bull or Mercedes. He is still pondering!? That's good then for the business world, and keeps his fans busy. :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 21 Aug 2010, 10:48

Wolfie wrote:Dheeban, here are some lines he told Heikki Kulta that makes you think if he is done with rally or not:

– I only try to do my best. I knew all along that this was difficult and it hasn't changed in any way. [b]Sometimes when things go well I get the feeling that this could turn into something.[/b] It is difficult and it takes a long time before I get everything done properly. There has been no surprises but hopefully I develop all the time.

– It would be cool to race there (F1) but not just to drive around, Räikkönen says.

In other words he thinks sometimes that the rally-business would turn out to be good and he admits that it would be cool to drive in F1 - with a winning car but not with Hispania for example.

That specific sentence made me think, Kimi has a basic assumption the rally isnt going to be his thing or he has been thinking it a little pessimistic way. It is very hard for a driver that has used to compete on top level.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Aug 2010, 10:52

SpaMaster wrote:Okay, I am confused now. It is very odd for Kimi to say something like that. And I read your Kulta article translation, Nicole. It seems like Kulta is part of the conspiracy! :lol: Did Kimi blurt out the truth in frustration? Or, did he just mess with the reporter in frustration? What's this "makes faces, tosses, turns, whispers"? :p :lol: Seriously, Kimi.. Seriously, Mr. Kulta..

Okay, from your last post, this is what I gather. The boy himself is still not sure how far he could go in rally. If he thinks he could make a mark there (Read World Championship), he would definitely stay. But without having a convincing feel for it, he would bail out and go to a F1 team like Red Bull or Mercedes. He is still pondering!? That's good then for the business world, and keeps his fans busy. :p

Dheeban, I saw MTV's interview. Kimi was standing normally, then he was asked about if he is going back to F1 and he started to scratch his neck (typical sign of not telling the truth) and looked elsewhere, in other words he didn't look at Anette.

Then she asked about if he has a contract made already or something like that and suddenly Kimi acted normally, looked her in the eyes and had both hands resting.

Remember in the end when he was asked about staying in Ferrari (when he already knew he wasn't) and how he scratched and twisted his neck and looked elsewhere?

His body language was the same and I'm sure that he is fed up with the questions from a tabloid-site like MTV3 who haven't even treated him well over the years.