The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1163
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Location: Hungary

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kinga » 17 Aug 2010, 16:00

Wolfie wrote:@ Kinga, take all advantages of being short.... In the store when can't get something that is too high I look for the most grumpy-looking guy and go to him asking 'could you please help me'. Works everytime, they are like sunshine after their heroic deed :lol:


I can't see any advantages of being short! :<>:
Image

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 332
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 07:16

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by realms » 17 Aug 2010, 16:16

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:@ Kinga, take all advantages of being short.... In the store when can't get something that is too high I look for the most grumpy-looking guy and go to him asking 'could you please help me'. Works everytime, they are like sunshine after their heroic deed :lol:


I can't see any advantages of being short! :<>:


everyone takes care of you ... considers u younger than what u r .

User avatar
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1163
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Location: Hungary

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kinga » 17 Aug 2010, 16:28

realms wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:@ Kinga, take all advantages of being short.... In the store when can't get something that is too high I look for the most grumpy-looking guy and go to him asking 'could you please help me'. Works everytime, they are like sunshine after their heroic deed :lol:


I can't see any advantages of being short! :<>:


everyone takes care of you ... considers u younger than what u r .


:lol: good points, thanks. :O
Image

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 332
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 07:16

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by realms » 17 Aug 2010, 17:32

Kinga wrote:
realms wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:@ Kinga, take all advantages of being short.... In the store when can't get something that is too high I look for the most grumpy-looking guy and go to him asking 'could you please help me'. Works everytime, they are like sunshine after their heroic deed :lol:


I can't see any advantages of being short! :<>:


everyone takes care of you ... considers u younger than what u r .


:lol: good points, thanks. :O


i speak from experience :)

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 17 Aug 2010, 20:01

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5553
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by sleenster » 17 Aug 2010, 20:08

Wolfie wrote:Why did Kimi cut his hair :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Fu7q6G ... re=related


Wolfie, you got me excited for a moment when I thought Kimi had actually cut his hair short! :lol:

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 17 Aug 2010, 20:22

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Why did Kimi cut his hair :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Fu7q6G ... re=related


Wolfie, you got me excited for a moment when I thought Kimi had actually cut his hair short! :lol:


It is short :<>:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5553
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by sleenster » 17 Aug 2010, 20:23

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Why did Kimi cut his hair :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Fu7q6G ... re=related


Wolfie, you got me excited for a moment when I thought Kimi had actually cut his hair short! :lol:


It is short :<>:


I guess we disagree on the definition of the word short :p

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 17 Aug 2010, 20:57

So be it, Sleenster :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 08:52

I hope this one would create some discussion since what disturbed me was a 61-year old man preaching about traditional notes - Kimi's brains might function in a completely different way. If he has any trait of autisism then numbers is what Kimi needs.

What do you think?

Maybe he is angry that Kimi didn't choose him :p

Kivimäki wonders why Kimi chose number notes

Turun Sanomat 17.8 2010 22:27:42

They have talked and talked about how difficult it is for a track-driver to learn to fully understand the rally-notes.

The experienced co-driver Ilkka Kivimäki thinks that Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström would have survived this biggest challenge had they chosen the traditional note vocabulary instead of the numeral vocabulary.

– I think Kimi took a too long road when he went to rally with numeral notes. Jari-Matti Latvala lost with that system during his first 5 years when he began with number notes when he was very young - and he still isn't perfect with them. He still makes mistakes, Kivimäki says.

– A driver should get a proper note starting from the beginning so that he would get a more clearer image of the stages and he could also talk about them with the other drivers and his co-driver. Nobody has the energy to listen for very long when someone only talks in numbers.

61-year old Kivimäki is known as Markku Alen's prestigeous co-driver. Their co-work lasted for 20 years and started in 1974 when Alen made a contract with Fiat and needed a Finnish co-driver beside him.

Kivimäki knows how challenging it is to race with number notes.

– For me the number note works so that when someone tells me a number I have to turn it into reasonable language in my head in order to understand what it means. When someone says medium left, full left or bad left I automatically know what note it is. But when the noting-language is for example 3 changing in the end into a tight 2 and continues after that as 3 the brains have to process it and interpret all those words so that I can completely give form to what is ahead.

Kivimäki praises a lot the ability of both Räikkönen-brothers - Rami and Kimi - as drivers.

– The talent that the Räikkönen-boys have is tremendeous - no matter what vehicle you give them to drive.

– I was with Rami driving the zero-car in front of Tommi Mäkinen in Corsica and Rami immediately understood the notes. He spent no time wondering over it. I'm sure it would have gone as quickly with Kimi if he had used the regular note-vocabulary, Kivimäki thinks.

Kivimäki is well aware of how different challenge rally is for a top driver who has been driving tracks and F1 for all his life. He worked as Mika Häkkinen's co-driver when the double F1-champion drove in Tunturi-rally.

– Mika didn't waste any extra energy for controlling the car. When I sat beside Mika I wondered at first why he didn't pull the manual brake when he had a 90 degree corner ahead of him and we had at least 100 km/h of speed at that point.

– For these F1-giants that one second is such a long time that you have time to do almost anything. They aren't afraid to put themself in the game. They get through it if they keep the line. It's a different story if they don't keep the line.

Häkkinen didn't find a new career from rally.

– Mika just didn't have the energy to concentrate on the notes. He had the fire for driving but the genre required too much concentration from him and he didn't want it.

– Mika had time to listen to the notes because the driving itself didn't cause any pain. He just didn't clear up for himself just how much it takes to learn the notes properly.

Kivimäki thinks that of all the Finnish drivers from F1 Jyrki Järvilehto made the most natural transition.

– Jyrki probably had the best hunch of what kind of guy you should be to get into the speed which belongs to rally.

– What is common for all these F1-drivers is that when they have been pushing 300 on the track then suddenly 160 km/h in the forest is nothing. They have no fear. They think that as long as they get to drive themself there's no need to be afraid, Kivimäki says.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by apple » 18 Aug 2010, 09:07

Actually this is the one I have been wondering myself. But I think Tommi said last year, Kimi uses Tapio Laukkanens old system, that it is not enough and I think they have talked about it together with Kimi and the desicion to change the system to numbers is theirs. The whole different matter is, was it the right thing to do?
Kimi has said there is so much to learn and making notes is probably the hardest thing to do. He doesnt have enough experience to change the notation system like Jari Matti can. I dont think there is jealousy behind this, I think he really thinks Kimi has talent but he wants to give an option.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by beefree88 » 18 Aug 2010, 09:52

Wolfie wrote:I hope this one would create some discussion since what disturbed me was a 61-year old man preaching about traditional notes - Kimi's brains might function in a completely different way. If he has any trait of autisism then numbers is what Kimi needs.

What do you think?

Maybe he is angry that Kimi didn't choose him :p

Kivimäki wonders why Kimi chose number notes

Turun Sanomat 17.8 2010 22:27:42

HEIKKI KULTA


Wow! What a gem again! :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
I don't think Kiwimaki is right though. Kimi probably choose it exactly because it's clear and needs no wondering of what it means what Kaj just said. You don't need to be autistic for that. Scales, measures and proportions come natural for Kimi while words not as much. He has problem with the notes because he needs to plit his attention between them and driving. In that area he has a double hindrace since he has to break a 20years old habit that fitted him better than what he has to learn now.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:03

beefree88 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I hope this one would create some discussion since what disturbed me was a 61-year old man preaching about traditional notes - Kimi's brains might function in a completely different way. If he has any trait of autisism then numbers is what Kimi needs.

What do you think?

Maybe he is angry that Kimi didn't choose him :p

Kivimäki wonders why Kimi chose number notes

Turun Sanomat 17.8 2010 22:27:42

HEIKKI KULTA


Wow! What a gem again! :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
I don't think Kiwimaki is right though. Kimi probably choose it exactly because it's clear and needs no wondering of what it means what Kaj just said. You don't need to be autistic for that. Scales, measures and proportions come natural for Kimi while words not as much. He has problem with the notes because he needs to plit his attention between them and driving. In that area he has a double hindrace since he has to break a 20years old habit that fitted him better than what he has to learn now.


I remember a documentary about a guy who was slightly autistic, he used to see everything in numbers. If it is easier for Kimi to use numbers then I believe him more instead of some guy who isn't familiar with the number-system and has some prejudice against it.

It wouldn't be strange if it wold be Kimi's way to see things in numbers especially when driving. If Kivimäki has problems processing the numbers he should understand that people are unique.

But you are right beefree, it doesn't have to mean that Kimi has an autistic trait.

@ Apple, thanks for the information about Kimi already trying and skipping the traditional notes!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:09

There was something interesting going on in the picture-thread so I'm moving the posts here for discussion.

Loiste, could you be so kind and send the picture of Heikki Kulta to himself and tell that you both took pictures of each other?

I'm sure Heikki Kulta would be thrilled :hug:

Here is his e-mail address:

heikki.kulta@ts.fi
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 18 Aug 2010, 10:10

Wolfie wrote:
Loiste wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Loiste wrote:Please tell us what he replies to you :pray:

if he replies :O


He will reply :hug:

:lol: yeah... I post my letter and his answer!

Loiste:

Good evening, Heikki!

My name is Galya and I'm from Russia. I just want to say a few words to you )

This year I was on Neste Oil Rally Finland and saw you in the start of shakedown. But I didn't see lots of your photos before (though I read your F1 blog many years) and I was in doubt "Is it really our dear Heikki Kulta or I take him for smb else?", so I decided not to bother you )

You know, I'm a Kimi's fan for 7 years and I have to thank you for all information and interviews you posts for your readers.You are the best kind of reporter, the one who stays back silent and lets the other one talk - not a reporter who loves listening to his own voice and therefore gets bad interviews. When Kimi had the difficult moments in F1 you were the one among press&media who supported him and it meant a lot for Kimi's fans all round the world.

It's a pity that I couldn't say it to you on shakedown when you were too close! Maybe the next time)

I send with this letter your pic I took on shakedown. =) Besides, I found a pic of me in Turun Sanomat Gallary! wow! I hope, you will remember me - cause I was in T-shirt " Kimi, I'm so proud of you!" and with a flag " World Raikkonen Championship". =)

With best wishes, forever yours Galya.


Dear Galya,

Thanks for the nice greetings. I was in Jyvaskyla with my photographer and he showed immediately afterwards the picture he took from you and told that he asked your name to publish it in the picture gallery.


Well, now I've had a nice two weeks vacation here in Finland and now I'm up to go to Germany to see Kimi's next rally this weekend. As much as I hope him good future with WRC, deep inside I still would like to see him go back to F1. He would still have a lot to give to grand prix racing and knowing the media back there, many journalists and team bosses would like to see him race there again.

Did you happen to see my special interview with Alonso, where even he said that he misses racing against Kimi!

All the best for you
Heikki

:blush:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Post Reply